EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ej does not have to win them back. They are paid to catch the ball. Are you quitting your job because your coworkers are less capable than you feel they should be??? I mean good God man think about what you type before you type it.

Damn, you're right. I need to think this over.

Your "source" must have fooled you more than once now. I am still waiting for EJ to be cut. Didn't you say "2 days into free agency"? I mean I am a patient man and all but......

You must have me confused with another member. I said "look for" EJ to be cut along with an "in my opinion". Go back and comprehend get a grasp on the situation before responding.

Thanks gun.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

You must have me confused with another member. I said "expect" EJ to be cut along with an "in my opinion". Go back and comprehend get a grasp on the situation before responding.

Thanks gun.

Imo

You were not clear enough in letting the fans here know that your prediction was your own bold opinion having nothing to do with your insider. I don't even remember your responding in that thread when fans were debating whether that bold prediction was you using insider info or if it was your opinion only. IMO, I think you got very wrong info by an old Marrone regime holdover who thought he knew what he was talking about and who was out of the loop on the QB thing. It was kind of a ridiculous notion. Whaley is still here, he hand picked a known project QB and it's now year three with a professional coaching staff who will develop Manuel one more year to see what they have. That bold prediction was clearly meant to get the pot stirred and you can't get upset when it blows up and people call you out. Anyone who's considered an insider has a little bit of responsibility to be much more clear when something is your opinion. All different people read this message board. I'm sure this includes a few Bills personnel and players from time to time. You should be very clear next time and tell everyone that no one told you anything and that you are making a guess as a fan with no knowledge whatsoever.

Edited by 1billsfan

You will never become a franchise QB if you dont force the ball and challenge the defense. It is simply something that could never happen. You cant name me one franchise QB that doesnt take chances. An NFL defenses best friend is an opposing HC/OC who tells his starting QB not to take chances.

If I was the owner and I saw the Hackett interview, Id have called Marrone in, asked him if that was the plan and if he said yes then Id have fired him on the spot. Go and research Phil Simms talking about what Parcells would tell him in practice and on game days very early in his career. It was the total opposite of what Doug Marrone was teaching Manuel. Rex Ryan will let Manuel take chances downfield because that's what he did with Sanchez and Smith.

I don't care if someone thinks he isn't going to be the answer. I just have a problem with people who don't give him any shot at all given that he was a project coming out and he was coached by such an amateur. The QB position takes a lot of time to master. Just look at former 1st rd pick Jerry Hughes, it took him a few years just to become a great LB. He was once so bad that a team traded him for Kelvin Sheppard. That's at LB, not QB.

There's just so much hyperbole in the way you defend EJ that it's so difficult to even respond to.

Marrone likely told EJ to protect the ball, don't force things and try not to get hit when you run. Why are you vilifying a guy doing what probably every modern day coach tells his young and developing QB to do. So Rex let Smith air it out and look what it resulted in. If anything one could argue that it was actually a detriment to his development.

I'm sensing a theme where people tend to blame EJ's misfortunes on everyone else. You think Marrone coached EJ to be inaccurate? Maybe, the guy coached him to avoid throwing down field because he's shown he's not good at it and he was trying to hide his glaring weaknesses. Or is that kind of thinking not allowed? Does EJ not have instincts that he plays with or is everyovent and decision an instruction from Marrone?

Edited by Bangarang

There's just so much hyperbole in the way you defend EJ that it's so difficult to even respond to.

Marrone likely told EJ to protect the ball, don't force things and try not to get hit when you run. Why are you vilifying a guy doing what probably every modern day coach tells his young and developing QB to do. So Rex let Smith air it out and look what it resulted in. If anything one could argue that it was actually a detriment to his development.

I'm sensing a theme where people tend to blame EJ's misfortunes on everyone else. You think Marrone coached EJ to be inaccurate? Maybe, the guy coached him to avoid throwing down field because he's shown he's not good at it and he was trying to hide his glaring weaknesses. Or is that kind of thinking not allowed? Does EJ not have instincts that he plays with or is everyovent and decision an instruction from Marrone?

See I actually agree with this....

I think EJ was doing exactly what he was told to do....I will give him the benefit of the doubt on that because it looked like ALL of our QBs eventually started doing that because that was what they were COACHED to do.....every single one of them losing that swagger as time went along.

So to me this gives EJ a clean slate.....not the starting job.....but a "ok.....the old boss is gone and everyone is at square 1 so show me" situation.

EJ will either do that or he wont......it would be in everyones best interests if he actually did.

Cassel isnt going anywhere....especiallly if the talk of extending his contract is true.....in the best possible scenario EJ takes that bull by the horns......and we have a viable backup qb in Cassel if EJ goes down.......

imo

I have actually been pointing you to real evidence to support my opinion. A video of a coach telling you what they are teaching Manuel to do, reading assignments about Parcells and Simms in the early years. You just are choosing to be lazy, ignore it and pretend I didn’t point you to anything at all. I’m not doing the research again. I’m done wasting my time.
As for Rex, he let Geno air it out and Geno was lighting it up at the end of last season. He’s received a real NFL education unlike Manuel with “no balls” Marrone.
I have no idea if Manuel will be good or not. What I do know if that Marrone was such a buffoon as a head coach, that if he thinks EJ sucks, it would lead me to believe the odds are EJ Manuel is going to win the Superbowl as QB of the Bills.

Thanks for sharing. Question tho.... How the hell can you see weight and muscle definition differences in that tiny view of him on a short video??

Here are some passes to Chris Hogan yesterday.

Maybe its me but EJ looks stronger in the upper body and appears to be 10-15 lbs heavier.

https://instagram.com/p/0vODXZQHc8/

--

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead

EJ the practice King. Until the real "bullets" start flying and watch him fold like a house of cards.

We cannot sacrifice another year on this experiment.

The time to win is now!!

Imo

Who do u recommend Leroi?? We tried Orton. We didn't reach playoffs. When was the last time Cassel took his team to the playoffs? Or Tyrod Taylor? Every QB that's on this roster is an "experiment" right now. I say let them battle it out in camp.

Imo

Edited by the skycap

Fred was hurt.

1.8 more YPG is, by definition, an improvement.

Fred was hurt and only played 10 games in 2012, he played 4 more games in 2014. You can't discard him being injured in 2012 then use it for an excuse in 2014 especially seeing he played four more games in 2014 than 2012. Using 1.8 yards a game increase, as an improvement is weak.