EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

There are many right here who hate him.

That's just plain bull ****. There are dozens of Bills fans who detest him. Read their posts. It's disturbing to say the least.

This is hysterical hyperbole. No one here "hates" the guy. Grow up a little.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and how did the Coaches allow that to happen> Guys were quitting on the routes. It was their job to run the route regardless.

If they did not like a crossing route in traffic , well the coaches are at fault.

I am on the boat that thinks coaching will improve everyone on offense. After looking back and putting two and two together many times.

The Offense was very nearly self destructive at times. and possibly in concept.

We as fans should be hoping that EJ steps up. alot.

Reading the field and taking what it gives. Thats my worry.

oops i missed this post when making my WR and Coaching comment.

Well said!

thats two things

I remember the coaches installing discipline in some of his WR's and they were called thin skin buffoons. You can't have it both ways. Woods was demoted in preseason because of his attitude, and Mike Williams got demoted for not putting in effort. And the coaches got blasted for it. Now, they weren't hard enough.

Losing Marrone is treated as a panacea around here. I don't and have not ever said that this new coaching staff won't bring about improvements. They are probably better. But it's not like they are gonna take the Troups of the world and make them Wilforks. Sometimes, even guys with bad coaches are just bad.

I remember the coaches installing discipline in some of his WR's and they were called thin skin buffoons. You can't have it both ways. Woods was demoted in preseason because of his attitude, and Mike Williams got demoted for not putting in effort. And the coaches got blasted for it. Now, they weren't hard enough.

Losing Marrone is treated as a panacea around here. I don't and have not ever said that this new coaching staff won't bring about improvements. They are probably better. But it's not like they are gonna take the Troups of the world and make them Wilforks. Sometimes, even guys with bad coaches are just bad.

with out question. Bills have had plenty of players over the years , just in case we forget what bad really looks like come game day

No one doubts his physical skill sets, like Losman, the question is can he handle the speed of the game and process what he sees fast enough to truly make a difference. The hope is that Greg Roman's offense will be designed to help bring the progressions and decision making process into EJ's realm of capability. Throwing bullets is nice "if" you know where they need to go!!!

No one doubts his physical skill sets, like Losman, the question is can he handle the speed of the game and process what he sees fast enough to truly make a difference. The hope is that Greg Roman's offense will be designed to help bring the progressions and decision making process into EJ's realm of capability. Throwing bullets is nice "if" you know where they need to go!!!

I think its about that simple. good post

There are many right here who hate him.

That's just plain bull ****. There are dozens of Bills fans who detest him. Read their posts. It's disturbing to say the least

They may hate him, but they still all want him to succeed deeply. Are they not still Bills fans?

Edited by Billsfansince90

I dont think it is so much that anyone "hates" him......as it is they want a quality starting QB for their team.......

When the QB doesnt produce.....people get upset. So many things factor into that......but the average fan doesnt want to think about those things.....just success

Which is ok

Give credit to Hogan too. Worked with EJ last off season and doing it again. He's always working to improve and that work ethic is what made him a starter over Williams when he would do the extra work with Orton and MW wouldn't. I'm sure Hogan has a chip on his shoulder after all the Harvin talk and Bills looking to add another vet WR. Two hungry guys responding to all the doubters with hard work instead of words.

I like it and I'm expecting good things from both players this season. If EJ does start look for his chemistry with Hogan to give him a career year.

Even so, how does a coach telling a young QB with questionable accuracy to not force the issue and avoid turning the ball over become a failure game plan for developing a franchise QB?

But sure, let's just pretend like everyone that doesn't think this kid is going to live up to the hype is just a hater. Should I start lumping you into the EJ homer crowd who's desperation to see this kid succeed clouds your judgement?

Go look at Aikman and Manning stats after 14 games, then get back at me. And while you're looking at them check out John Elway, Brett Favre and Drew Brees too. The difference is they were allowed to fail in order to get better. I believe an article about this was posted on another thread.

Well, when you stop your crusade against him, maybe I'll consider "growing up a little".

And you're wrong about the haters. There are plenty of them here, some right in this very thread.

The question should be what receiver did Joe mutiny on? If you care to recall Jerry Rice was almost considered a BUST

Why is that even relevant?

Well, when you stop your crusade against him, maybe I'll consider "growing up a little".

And you're wrong about the haters. There are plenty of them here, some right in this very thread.

Can you point one or two out?

I have not given up on EJ. I truly think the guy can still pan out if he still has the confidence in himself. The EJ we saw on the field was at least 50% due to the Marrone/Hackett era. The way they used EJ is NOT what Doug Whaley had in mind when they drafted him. Whaley has a TON of research into this guy (way more then any of us on a message board or behind a TV), and he is one of the best young minds in football. I refuse to realize that he could have whiffed that badly on the most important position on the field.

Because quarterbacks do so well under Ryan