EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

My point was that no one can question his character and work ethic. How is it possible a Bills fan would want him to fail. If he isn't the guy, so be it. But regardless, if you're a true fan, how can you not root for this guy?

Whatevs happens at QB, I hope it stays consistent throughout the year. The last thing I wan to see is a revolving door at the QB position.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woods has been in the league two years both under Marrone, his yards per game went from 41.9 in 2013 and 43.7 in 2014, that's a pretty slim margin. He missed 2 games in 2013. His yards per catch went down from 14.7 to 10.8, though he did have two more TDs. Fred was hurt in 2012 and only played 10 games, and had half the carries than 2013. I would hope he would be better just based on getting 6 more games and twice the carries. Hogan could have been a natural progression.

He asked me to name one. I named several. You can try to explain them away, but they improved "under Marrone." Period.

Thanks for letting me know that EJ Manuel is not the accurate passer that Joe Montana was. Feel better now?

Like Marrone, maybe you care more about the WRs feelings than you do about developing your young QB. If Marrone was a real head coach worth anything he'd have told them not to worry about the QB and to do their job. Marrone is a man who cared more about what people were saying about him than in doing his actual job. The WRs clearly saw that he was weak and they pounced on it. Rex won't be played like that. He'd literally laugh at them and tell them to grow a sack and catch the ball.

Marrone cared more about the rest of the 52 guys on his roster than EJ? What a monster.

Love your Rex line. As if sticking with inferior QB's your team does not believe in is a good management strategy. Also, didn't he fight his FO to yank his last young QB? Then emasculate him on a national stage? Pretty big leap to think he'll fight the rest of the team for EJ.

Edited by FireChan

He asked me to name one. I named several. You can try to explain them away, but they improved "under Marrone." Period.

One gained 1.8 yards a game more, to me that's staying the same not getting better. As with Fred, as much as he " got better " in year 1 under Marrone he fell off just as bad in year 2. 2012 - 437, 2013 - 890, 2014 - 525. I don't see how either is seen as getting better.

One gained 1.8 yards a game more, to me that's staying the same not getting better. As with Fred, as much as he " got better " in year 1 under Marrone he fell off just as bad in year 2. 2012 - 437, 2013 - 890, 2014 - 525. I don't see how either is seen as getting better.

Fred was hurt.

1.8 more YPG is, by definition, an improvement.

With Chris Hogan yesterday.

Maybe its me but EJ looks stronger in the upper body and appears to be 10-15 lbs heavier.

https://instagram.com/p/0vODXZQHc8/

--

This reminds of innumerable QB's of the past who looked All-Pro in workouts, but failed in games. I remember rave reviews about Todd Collins in workouts. It is meaningless unless it's in a real game.

I've been saying this forever...If EJ fixes one thing...one thing...he'll be a top 15, maybe even top 10 QB in the NFL...

And that one thing is this...When he picks the right receiver...the open receiver... he's got to hit them in stride...If he does nothing else but that it will be a massive step in the right direction...

No more too low, too high, behind throws...In stride to the open receiver...And then we'll have something... B-)

I have not given up on EJ. I truly think the guy can still pan out if he still has the confidence in himself. The EJ we saw on the field was at least 50% due to the Marrone/Hackett era. The way they used EJ is NOT what Doug Whaley had in mind when they drafted him. Whaley has a TON of research into this guy (way more then any of us on a message board or behind a TV), and he is one of the best young minds in football. I refuse to realize that he could have whiffed that badly on the most important position on the field.

I haven't either. It's easy to forget how badly that awful coaching staff handcuffed him.

Marrone cared more about the rest of the 52 guys on his roster than EJ? What a monster.

Love your Rex line. As if sticking with inferior QB's your team does not believe in is a good management strategy. Also, didn't he fight his FO to yank his last young QB? Then emasculate him on a national stage? Pretty big leap to think he'll fight the rest of the team for EJ.

Marrone was as strong as a wet noodle, his players knew it and they took advantage. A real "Captain", since you brought up the term "mutiny", makes a decision and doesn't bail on it when things start to get bumpy. Marrone quitting just might be the greatest thing to happen to the franchise since Jim Kelly came to Buffalo.

Marrone was as strong as a wet noodle, his players knew it and they took advantage. A real "Captain", since you brought up the term "mutiny", makes a decision and doesn't bail on it when things start to get bumpy. Marrone quitting just might be the greatest thing to happen to the franchise since Jim Kelly came to Buffalo.

More baseless claims,and you aren't even defending your previous ones. I've never seen someone go to such lengths to weave so much conjecture.

well lets see when he has Suh in his face

Exactly.

I respect him working hard in the off season but this video means jack ****. No defense, no pass rush pretty much just catch and throw.

Ej da Great !!!!!!

1.) Those aren't bullets. Wabbling late throws at best.

2.) The down and In where Hogan lines up on the left is late and behind him. Hogan can't catch it in stride.

If that is how EJ throws against air all this hope of development is going to be shattered when there are players in front of him.

As soon as Hogan makes the break and turns his head the Ball should be on his hands in stride.

If you can't do it in practice against air, how are you supposed to throw it on time against opponents.

That tape should be hid not put on Instagram.

Can we please drop all ej talk. He's awful and will never start in this league not sure why everyone is so hung up on him. Is it because we used a first to get him?

How many times did Joe's receivers mutiny on him?

Doooomed !! Except for my boy goldenboy here. EJ DA GREAT !!

Hah

This sums it up. If he has developed to the point where he can make a read, believe in his instincts and deliver an accurate ball, the sky's the limit. He just hasn't shown it yet and until he does I have to believe Cassel starts.

I have always said that he lacks confidence, which to me is the single most important trait of a good QB. " Believe in his instincts" basically says the same thing. I agree with you 100%.

The shame of it is he wont play due to the SB being after the PB

Who is Meh?

Seriously? You don't know who White Cassel is?

Its never been that he hasn't had a strong arm its his accuracy & plus at 10 - yards he better be able to hit his target !! If he can't hit them from there he better quit !!

Lets see him unleash a couple of 50 yarders on the money over the shoulder then i might be convinced !!

Go Bills

Go ahead and count.

Edited by Nanker

How does one work on the other things with just one WR?

One can hire a QB whisperer, like so many other QBs do.

Or, one can work with "one WR" who has run Roman's system before.

Or, one can organize a 7 on 7.

Or, one can use some technology to train his eyes, or watch more film.

Or, there's probably other ways that the FO can "suggest" to him without, or with, violating the rules.

How many times did Joe's receivers mutiny on him?

and how did the Coaches allow that to happen> Guys were quitting on the routes. It was their job to run the route regardless.

If they did not like a crossing route in traffic , well the coaches are at fault.

I am on the boat that thinks coaching will improve everyone on offense. After looking back and putting two and two together many times.

The Offense was very nearly self destructive at times. and possibly in concept.

We as fans should be hoping that EJ steps up. alot.

Reading the field and taking what it gives. Thats my worry.

Thanks for letting me know that EJ Manuel is not the accurate passer that Joe Montana was. Feel better now?

Like Marrone, maybe you care more about the WRs feelings than you do about developing your young QB. If Marrone was a real head coach worth anything he'd have told them not to worry about the QB and to do their job. Marrone is a man who cared more about what people were saying about him than in doing his actual job. The WRs clearly saw that he was weak and they pounced on it. Rex won't be played like that. He'd literally laugh at them and tell them to grow a sack and catch the ball.

oops i missed this post when making my WR and Coaching comment.

Well said!

I've been saying this forever...If EJ fixes one thing...one thing...he'll be a top 15, maybe even top 10 QB in the NFL...

And that one thing is this...When he picks the right receiver...the open receiver... he's got to hit them in stride...If he does nothing else but that it will be a massive step in the right direction...

No more too low, too high, behind throws...In stride to the open receiver...And then we'll have something... B-)

thats two things