Statue of Ralph to be built at stadium

What "them" planned this? The Pegulas? Maybe they actually had to, oh, I don't know, BUY THE TEAM FIRST.

great, that was sept 17. i'm just happy it's getting done. by "bout time!" i'm saying "yes this is a good thing and i'm glad it's finally happening"

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have the pic of Ralph with Thurman that the statue will be based on?

CBF

I asked the same thing to the PR staff via twitter without any response. I googled it as well and still can't find it if its out there. Maybe its a personal photo. I look forward to seeing it.

He died on my b-day last year. They announced it on that anniversary. Petula bought the team in September. It takes a while to nake a state. Also the weather has been cruddy and they won't install anything until the weather is nice. Don't worry. it should be in place for the season.

kinda curious who will make the statue.. Their was a former player named MIKE HAMBY who is a excellent sculptor. At one point his statue of two charging buffalo was in consideration to be built in scale proportion at the RALPH ,I believe JIM KELLY has the bronze original. I think its name "I ST AND TEN"?I lways thought that it would look great at the stadium front ...broncos have something like that at their stadium but with horses .

Edited by tombstone56

Does this piece get moved when a new stadium is built?

Was that a serious question?

I think it's a legit question. Is the Ralph going to stay once they build a new stadium or will it get torn down and replaced with a Wegman's? If it's going to stay why not keep the statue there?

So when they make it of plastic, Ralph will finally really be cheap.

Why do I find it amusing that it will " stand on the Northwest corner near the team store", gift shop???

:rolleyes: