London game will be streamed on Yahoo

If you think about it JR thats just what the NFL has done to DTV. Thursday night games, 3 on Thanksgiving, Saturday games etc. They must have seen how powerfull DTV was getting and are trying to squash them.

At some point DTV is going to pull out of this deal. I heard they already lose a lot of money on Sunday Ticket. To your point, they are now losing more and more games.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point DTV is going to pull out of this deal. I heard they already lose a lot of money on Sunday Ticket. To your point, they are now losing more and more games.

If DTV dropped NFL Sunday Ticket they would surely go broke.

That is the reason many stick with them!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

All depends on the network

Nbc or fox has but I don't believe cbs has

I've watched playoff games streaming with little issue

Good to know. I really, really hope I'm wrong and there are no streaming issues. Still annoying to not be able to simply turn on the TV and watch the game. First world problems.

With the black out lifted, hopefully forever, make me wonder if they are getting ready to start broadcasting all games live ion the web. Networks have to be wanting the ability to reach everyone everywhere.

if sales keep on par or increase

if they can cram advertisements into it they will.

I was wondering .. will lifting blackouts slow down scalpers ????

sarcasm

sorry. my bad

I wonder if bars will be allowed to stream the game?

if there is a will (and profit) there is a way

Why not? they pay for DTV, and each box the TV is connected to. Why not hook up a TV to the net?

9:30am? might not be a huge issue.

that all depends on your time zone

Last year at the Houston Bills Backers bar, it was raining really heavy, and the Dish signal went out in the 4th quarter, so we had like 20 people huddled around one table that had an iPad. And then just someone giving a play by play of everything going on to the rest of the bar.

Just like in the commercial

sorry. my bad

if there is a will (and profit) there is a way

Why not? they pay for DTV, and each box the TV is connected to. Why not hook up a TV to the net?

that all depends on your time zone

630 for me, maybe 730, clocks should change by then I think

Last year at the Houston Bills Backers bar, it was raining really heavy, and the Dish signal went out in the 4th quarter, so we had like 20 people huddled around one table that had an iPad. And then just someone giving a play by play of everything going on to the rest of the bar.

Yeah rain fade, as that's called, can be a real B word depending upon where the dish is located. Snow can cause issues as well, though not in Houston I suppose ;)

All depends on the network

Nbc or fox has but I don't believe cbs has

I've watched playoff games streaming with little issue

CBS is still lousy to watch the NFL. Their audio sucks balls and I think they have one guy running all over the stadium trying to get a decent camera angle. They have very few replays because they don't have nearly enough cameras to cover everything going on -on the field. I am surprised how long the NFL has let this happen without any upgrade to their product.

CBS is still lousy to watch the NFL. Their audio sucks balls and I think they have one guy running all over the stadium trying to get a decent camera angle. They have very few replays because they don't have nearly enough cameras to cover everything going on -on the field. I am surprised how long the NFL has let this happen without any upgrade to their product.

We were talking about streaming

• 2 months later...

@DanWetzel: Bills-Jaguars game this Oct. 25 from London will be broadcast live on Yahoo, free and open to everyone everywhere.

@AroundTheNFL: NFL and Yahoo! partner to deliver first-ever global live stream of a game

http://t.co/tTP3Fe7lJK

@caplannfl: The Bills-Jaguars game is in Week 7, 9:30 am ET.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Actually, that gives me hope. I've been using their video player and it's been working pretty well.

As an out of town fan, it would be nice to see a game without taking off my pajamas, which will be on because, well, 9:30 AM.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

NFL and Yahoo! partner to deliver first-ever global live stream

The NFL and Yahoo! Inc. announced Wednesday a first-ever partnership that will exclusively digitally deliver the NFL's International Series game in London between the Buffalo Bills and Jacksonville Jaguars on October 25 to fans around the world for free on any device.

In keeping with the NFL's long-standing commitment to make its games available on free, over-the-air television, the game will also be televised in the both the Buffalo (WIVB-TV) and Jacksonville (WTEV-TV) markets at 9:30 a.m. ET.