MAY 12th (not june 1st) possible cuts

papazoid

ha ha

he has never been overated. ever.

Watch the tape from the Bears game last year, and see how he played chase the whole game. Watch the tape of him getting lit up by Brady in the home game last year, for a couple examples. He is overrated. Very overrated. Graham is much better than he is, and I believe the new staff will see just that.

Watch the tape from the Bears game last year, and see how he played chase the whole game. Watch the tape of him getting lit up by Brady in the home game last year, for a couple examples. He is overrated. Very overrated. Graham is much better than he is, and I believe the new staff will see just that.

With Searcy gone watch Graham play more safety. and Corey is not so much a boundary corner.

Leodis has been a whipping dog here for years.

I really liked him once Henderson got a hold of him.

Yes, McKelvin has never been overrated. What he has generally been in not very good.

For the longest time , i was afraid to watch him !

Under Pettine he improved alot. finally turned for the ball

Cassel - still a reasonable cut but only after training camp if he does not pan out as starter or even dependable backup. He is a low cost tryout and will not cost anything if cut (other than workout/training camp pay).

McKelvin - he played his best when Pettine coached him. He has a chance to succeed in this system. But if they draft a corner in second or third round, he is likely gone at his price. His value to the team dropped the second Harvin signed on because it diminished his special teams importance. If Harvin is main punt returner, McKelvin would have to be a better corner option than Graham. Earlier in the year Graham was better but McKelvin played better for a few games before he was hurt. Tough call on this one but could see it going either way.

Yes, McKelvin has never been overrated. What he has generally been in not very good.

Have you watched the last couple of years? He has been very good. Graham is good by got beat a lot later in the season

Cassel - still a reasonable cut but only after training camp if he does not pan out as starter or even dependable backup. He is a low cost tryout and will not cost anything if cut (other than workout/training camp pay).

McKelvin - he played his best when Pettine coached him. He has a chance to succeed in this system. But if they draft a corner in second or third round, he is likely gone at his price. His value to the team dropped the second Harvin signed on because it diminished his special teams importance. If Harvin is main punt returner, McKelvin would have to be a better corner option than Graham. Earlier in the year Graham was better but McKelvin played better for a few games before he was hurt. Tough call on this one but could see it going either way.

So you could see McKelvin staying or getting released? Brilliant

[quote name="nucci" post="3509127" timestamp="1427112718"

Next time you should read the post before commenting. If they draft a corner early, McKelvin has a good chance of getting cut for the reasons stated. Too many variables now.

Next time you should read the post before commenting. If they draft a corner early, McKelvin has a good chance of getting cut for the reasons stated. Too many variables now.

I just laugh when people say , it could go either way....announcers say that when a turnover is being reviewed...."it could go either way" Obviously it has to....just funny to me

How many times has McKelvin had a chance to make a play, but the pass is completed as the ball whizzes right by his earhole, as he is in his customary position of playing chase.

I really hope he goes, we can do much better at that corner position.

How many times has McKelvin had a chance to make a play, but the pass is completed as the ball whizzes right by his earhole, as he is in his customary position of playing chase.

I really hope he goes, we can do much better at that corner position.

I don't remember that happening so much the past two seasons.

And again, CB depth is HUGE.

Edited by Big C

When McKelvin gets cut, it exemplifies that we're making real progress.

I agree. Just last night on the Channel 2 news, they showed a highlight of McLovin getting lit up by Brady in the home game last year. In my opinion, he simply gets beat too often, usually at a critical point.

He gets some picks, but more often than not he is in the right place at right time, not because he made a great play on the ball.

I just want to be better, and I think we can improve there.

When McKelvin gets cut, it exemplifies that we're making real progress.

I agree. Just last night on the Channel 2 news, they showed a highlight of McLovin getting lit up by Brady in the home game last year. In my opinion, he simply gets beat too often, usually at a critical point.

He gets some picks, but more often than not he is in the right place at right time, not because he made a great play on the ball.

I just want to be better, and I think we can improve there.

Not happening.

Have you watched the last couple of years? He has been very good. Graham is good by got beat a lot later in the season

If not for injury, probowl good. Funny how people get something in their head and then just can't change their mind. The secondary this past year was playing at a very high level and McKelvin was very much a part of that. The whole can't track the ball crap floated around here was squashed when he was leading the team with 4 interceptions just before he got injured. But his struggles his 1st couple yrs is all anyone can remember. :rolleyes:

If not for injury, probowl good. Funny how people get something in their head and then just can't change their mind. The secondary this past year was playing at a very high level and McKelvin was very much a part of that. The whole can't track the ball crap floated around here was squashed when he was leading the team with 4 interceptions just before he got injured. But his struggles his 1st couple yrs is all anyone can remember. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

it Was the most predictable. and it was weird.

recall the game we play here?

"whats the first play of the game??"

We always do that here right?

yes we do.

the resoundingly repeated majoritive answer was: Run between the tackles for two. every week. run up the middle. run for a loss.

That offensive play calling was record setting abysmal with the talent available

Do you. Did you play ? Can you see explosiveness,speed . Lack of.

thats what McCoy is here for. and we paid big money for it

You need Matt Cassel on this team, even as a backup. He can be someone EJ can go to for advice. If you have to cut a QB, I can see them cutting Tuel. McKelvin I can see him sticking around. He is ok at CB. He did get lit up once in a while but you can't have too many CB. Chris William will need to restructure his contract to take less money or he should be cut. I don't think we have seen him enough because he couldn't stay healthy. We have to ask Whaley what he saw in William when he signed him a few years ago.

To be honest, I think they like almost all the starters on the team and probably are feeling comfortable enough to not make any major cutting from now to camp.

Do you. Did you play ? Can you see explosiveness,speed . Lack of.

Yes I did play as a matter of fact. And I think that all of what happened with last years offense needs to be discounted. McCoy is going to be the featured back as was Spiller last year. Fred can play a Marcus Allen role.

explaining june 1st cuts

http://overthecap.com/explaining-the-june-1st-designation/

possible June 1st cuts (cap hit/ dead money)

Manny Lawson ($3.1/$1.5)

Chris Williams ($3.3/$2.6) injury settlement or helps in 2016

Matt Cassel ($4.7/ $0 ) zero dead money makes him vulnerable if not starter

Leodis McKelvin ($4.9/$2.0) graham played well at corner in his absense

Anthony Dixon ($1.3/$0.3) crowded backfield

We would be the world's stupidest team (still) if we cut Cassel after trading for him. Quality teams need quality backups.

I don't think any of those guys go.

I think now that we have Harvin that Goodwin is a goner ! Harvin has the speed & elusiveness & the other WR's on the roster have buried Goodwin plus his injury history i don't see him sticking , but i hope they use him as trade bait of sorts or get a low draft pick for him .

I hope Chris Williams gets cut he got way to much money ! His play didn't in any way merit his contract !

I think Brown could be the odd men out when it comes to the RB's , with McCoy , Brown , Jackson , Felton & Booby as RB's some one has got to go .

Seeing as Fred is a fan favorite & a great blocker in pass coverage & can do kick returns I think he's good , Booby has some ST's uses so he could stick .

We didn't get much of a look at Brown last year because of Marrones ignorance or arrogance which ever you choose so he could be gone unless he has some ST's values that we don't know about .