Trade for Ryan Nassib?

Vinaccia

Let's face it the Giants are suffering at numerous positions, and probably would trade Nassib for the right player, since the co-owner of the Giants has expressed the desire for Eli to retire a Giant. As a result a lot of trade rumor discussions have been brought up regarding trading Nassib. Do you guys think it would be a good fit for the Bills to trade for him? Apparently he can read defenses well and he's been sitting behind a seasoned pro for a couple years now. Would it be worth it to bring him into compete? I'll be honest to say I know nothing about him other than he played well in the preseason without interceptions.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is that the guy is a baller and would love to see him compete on this team. That being said, he was a late round pick for a reason: bad footwork. The guy jumps around the pocket, and tends to be a little careless with his throws depending on his arm talent. Don't see him realistically progressing past jake Locker. His high I would say is prolly cutler.but don't get me wrong. I want to root for the guy

My opinion is that the guy is a baller and would love to see him compete on this team. That being said, he was a late round pick for a reason: bad footwork. The guy jumps around the pocket, and tends to be a little careless with his throws depending on his arm talent. Don't see him realistically progressing past jake Locker. His high I would say is prolly cutler.but don't get me wrong. I want to root for the guy

Nassib will never be as good as Locker let alone Cutler. I see his ceiling as Brady Quinn. maybe.

lmo

Let's face it the Giants are suffering at numerous positions, and probably would trade Nassib for the right player, since the co-owner of the Giants has expressed the desire for Eli to retire a Giant. As a result a lot of trade rumor discussions have been brought up regarding trading Nassib. Do you guys think it would be a good fit for the Bills to trade for him? Apparently he can read defenses well and he's been sitting behind a seasoned pro for a couple years now. Would it be worth it to bring him into compete? I'll be honest to say I know nothing about him other than he played well in the preseason without interceptions.

Why? Zero experience, and no assurances of success. Would you give up a player or pick for that, knowing he will likely be cut because he's just not that good?

Apparently, Marijuana is the new coffee.........Good God man..........

I don't think Ryan Nassib is good or ever was good. I challenge anyone to find me a QB from college that only won 55% of their games (not counting 2009 where he barely played) that had success in the NFL. If you can't win in college, you can't win in the NFL, plain and simple for a QB. I don't care who else was on his team, a good NFL quality QB wins in college, a lot. And it's not like the Big East (at that time) had any powerhouses that he had to play against really.

His college coach passed on him in the draft. That should tell you everything you need to know. Even Steve Spurrier wanted his Danny Weurffel as QB during his time at the Redskins.

Given the history and quality of Marrone's judgement and decision making....maybe we should consider it an endorsement... :lol: