RELEASE TUEL AND TAKE FLYER ON SHAUB

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Shaub released. If I were the Bills brain trust I would release Tuel and bring in Shaub for a three way battle for the Bille QB. Tuel vs Shaub, I am sure Shaub would win that battle anyday. It is possible he could beat out EJ for our 3rd or 2nd string QB.

I see Shaub as an upgrade over the entire roster at this point... I'd say bring him in to at least provide veteran leadership.

• 3 weeks later...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331103002

a couple of unforced errors by an undrafted rookie. I thought Tuel showed good command of the huddle and did

surprisingly well in that game, against what was the number 1 defense in the league at that time and an undefeated team.

241 yards rushing, 229 passing, kind of looks like what Rex is looking for. I would not be surprised if Tuel beat out Cassel and Taylor.

Agreed. There's a weird amount of Tuel hate. I like the kid.

JR , i think fans folks are having short , or narrow memories.

The Kid looked pretty good. The doom and gloom was started and festered since the big INT.

I had hopes for him, very seriously.

Coaches will find out soon enough.

i really wonder what happened to Matt S for that huge drop off.

Some of you mentioned a mental thing. seems possible to me.

Agreed. There's a weird amount of Tuel hate. I like the kid.

It's not about hate, I like the guy also, seems nice. What time he has had on the field, admittedly brief, is just awful. A completion percentage of 44, 1 TD, 3 INTS, he averages 5.25 an attempt and his QB rating is 45. Even taking out the Browns game, against KC 18 of 39 for 229 an average of 5.8 an attempt with 1 TD and 2 INTS, a QBR of 16 and passer rating of 52.2. Once again I understand it's only two games, but those are really bad stats.

It's not about hate, I like the guy also, seems nice. What time he has had on the field, admittedly brief, is just awful. A completion percentage of 44, 1 TD, 3 INTS, he averages 5.25 an attempt and his QB rating is 45. Even taking out the Browns game, against KC 18 of 39 for 229 an average of 5.8 an attempt with 1 TD and 2 INTS, a QBR of 16 and passer rating of 52.2. Once again I understand it's only two games, but those are really bad stats.

Before the game, I predicted on here that he would throw for 220 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTS. And that's exactly what he did.

I think your expectations were too high for an undrafted guy making his first start and against a playoff team.

I thought Tuel showed some really good positives too-- including great poise in the pocket and a quick release.

Now that Tuel has game experience and is in his 3rd year, if he gets a chance to compete at TC, I wouldnt be shocked if he beats Taylor out and sticks on the roster.

i was gonna tell you all a story involving Schaub, a drunken English soccer fan, and a late-night foot race outside a Houston bar..

when i first heard it, i thought it was funny.. and then, with what's happened to Schaub since, i think it's kinda pathetic..

anyway.. i would definitely give Schaub a chance to compete on a football field, but i wouldn't release any of my guys to make room until sitting down with him, and seeing where his head's at

Awe, man, tell the story........ :)