30 members have voted

1. 1. what''s worse

• nickelback
    • nsynch
    • the stain on my shorts
    • telemarketers
    • bono
    • creed

Nickelback isn't terrible. They're just unoriginial and all their songs sound the same.

I saw NIckelback a couple years ago (my wife is a fan - so everyone can just shut the !@#$ up) and I will say this: They are not devoid of talent. The drummer is actually very good. They are excellent entertainers. They were very tight/professional. And yes .. their music absolutely does suck and is absolutely terrible.

I will never support Nickelback. Not just because their music sucks but years ago they were supposed to play the 4th of July at Camp Lejeune. The DAY BEFORE THE EVENT they cancelled because the base wouldn't meet their ridiculous "demands" for swag and perks for performing. This was during the middle of the Iraq war. Screw them guys.

I will never support Nickelback. Not just because their music sucks but years ago they were supposed to play the 4th of July at Camp Lejeune. The DAY BEFORE THE EVENT they cancelled because the base wouldn't meet their ridiculous "demands" for swag and perks for performing. This was during the middle of the Iraq war. Screw them guys.

Damn Canadians.

There's an old joke: uh, two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort [clears his throat], and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know, and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about Nickelback. Awful crappy music, and then they don't even show up.

Nickleback has become the easiest of targets. In the early days of clickbait, Buzzfeed style lists someone slammed them with worst band of the decade title and then everyone has piled on. You could slam Nickleback in a crowd of 10,000 people and everyone would cheer (you'd find no defenders) yet they've been around for 15 years plus. Clearly, someone is going to these shows and buying their albums. Its not just Gugny.

Similar to when some Seth Rogan abortion of a movie made Coldplay synonymous with gay and everyone went with that. I don't care for either band very much but the joke is unoriginal and too easy. I'm bored with the Nickleback hate.

Nickelback isn't terrible. ...

yes they are.

Nickleback has become the easiest of targets. In the early days of clickbait, Buzzfeed style lists someone slammed them with worst band of the decade title and then everyone has piled on. You could slam Nickleback in a crowd of 10,000 people and everyone would cheer (you'd find no defenders) yet they've been around for 15 years plus. Clearly, someone is going to these shows and buying their albums. Its not just Gugny.

Similar to when some Seth Rogan abortion of a movie made Coldplay synonymous with gay and everyone went with that. I don't care for either band very much but the joke is unoriginal and too easy. I'm bored with the Nickleback hate.

ummmm, my unlike of nickelback goes all the way back to when they were a bar band trying to make it in vancouver in the mid-90s. was at a bar they were playing at, and following their final set, they actually begged the crowd for an encore. i got up from my chair and yelled: "get off the stage, you guys (profanity) s^ck."

i am not making this up.

jw

yes they are.

ummmm, my unlike of nickelback goes all the way back to when they were a bar band trying to make it in vancouver in the mid-90s. was at a bar they were playing at, and following their final set, they actually begged the crowd for an encore. i got up from my chair and yelled: "get off the stage, you guys (profanity) s^ck."

i am not making this up.

jw

I have no reason not to believe that you've hated them since the moment you first became aware of them. I've disliked them since they first graced local airwaves in my neck of the woods. Notwithstanding, Nickleback jokes are now 'pop' comedy. We may have been doing it since long before it was cool but now every hack is getting laughs at their expense and its time to move on. Like the Black Keys.

Just add a vote to each selection above for me. Would have been easier to answer if you had asked which is better. The stain in my shorts would have won in a landslide.

I will just take this as a yes that you knowingly spent money on Nickelback, Coldplay, et al. Hey, if it makes you feel better to each their own and now you must speak out w/your "boredom."

They were all type cast... No big deal that's how it works.

;-P

The sad joke is that nstink is probably the best out of the bunch. :-O

Oh... Also, I can't tell you that I know anything about Nickelback... BUT I can tell you this, if I hear one of their songs on the radio, I could probably guess it was Nickelback 9 out of 10 times. That is so strange. Kinda like Maroon 5. In all all honesty, I know nothing of them... BUT can tell their "sound"... That's bad, really bad. That says something, no?

I have never kept up w/these bands, researched them, etc... Just know name only and the sound. The whole phenom passed me by, but not enough to pinpoint their terrible music.

I will just take this as a yes that you knowingly spent money on Nickelback, Coldplay, et al. Hey, if it makes you feel better to each their own and now you must speak out w/your "boredom."

They were all type cast... No big deal that's how it works.

;-P

The sad joke is that nstink is probably the best out of the bunch. :-O

Oh... Also, I can't tell you that I know anything about Nickelback... . BUT I can tell you this, if I hear one of their songs on the radio, I could probably guess it was Nickelback 9 out of 10 times. That is so strange. Kinda like Maroon 5. In all all honesty, I know nothing of them... BUT can tell their "sound"... That's bad, really bad. That says something, no?

I have never kept up w/these bands, researched them, etc... Just know name only and the sound. The whole phenom passed me by, but not enough to pinpoint their terrible music.

To be fair, plenty of great bands, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Queen, just to name a few, have this same quality. Having a distinct sound doesn't necessarily make you good or bad.

Although I see what you're saying. Even before his whole debacle with the Bills, I've said the same thing about Bon Jovi. That he has Wanted: Dead or Alive, and he has Livin' on A Prayer, and Bed of Roses. But then he just rewrote one of those three songs 20 times, and that's how his career lasted so long.

My wife was driving our two year old started belting out whatever song was on the radio. She reached out to his day care teacher and found out they've been listening to it in school (it's One Direction.) He asks to listen / sing with it constantly. Didn't know something could be this cute and this annoying at the same time.

proceed.

jw

i wish i coulda voted for two of these. maybe three.

you can do multiple choices. I'm too stupid to figure it out myself,

1 nickelback

2 creed

3 bono

4 nsynch - in stink

5 the stain on my shorts

6 telemarketers

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

wow, the stain in my shorts is trailing. that's interesting.

i left it to one choice on purpose. they're all, i think, compelling choices to get a vote, and i wanted it to make it as difficult as i possibly could.

jw

Is this true?

"they're called the 'mats, because early critics derogatorily referred to them as the placemats, which the band and the fans took back and turned into an endearment.

Is this true?

"they're called the 'mats, because early critics derogatorily referred to them as the placemats, which the band and the fans took back and turned into an endearment.

that's one theory of the 'Mats genesis. though unsure if it were actual "critics" of the band. the Replacements were very much darlings to the critics, but had difficulty registering much sales.

in fact, it's possible that the Replacements themselves coined the tag because they are very well known for their self-depricating ways. just check out some of the t-shirt slogans that came out of their last tour -- "Hate Us on Facebook" -- or what they're calling their upcoming tour: "Back By Unpopular Demand."

either way, no Replacements fan that I know of ever considered the 'Mats to be derogatory. rather, it has been celebrated, because of how they've succeeded despite their very many failures.

jw

that's one theory of the 'Mats genesis. though unsure if it were actual "critics" of the band. the Replacements were very much darlings to the critics, but had difficulty registering much sales.

in fact, it's possible that the Replacements themselves coined the tag because they are very well known for their self-depricating ways. just check out some of the t-shirt slogans that came out of their last tour -- "Hate Us on Facebook" -- or what they're calling their upcoming tour: "Back By Unpopular Demand."

either way, no Replacements fan that I know of ever considered the 'Mats to be derogatory. rather, it has been celebrated, because of how they've succeeded despite their very many failures.

jw

Catchy. And these guys write music?

Had a hard time deciding between Creed and Nickelback, and ended up settling on the 'back.

The thing about the stain on the shorts is that a cup of bleach could solve that problem. Actually, it could probably take care of those crappy bands too.

lucky you!

I get at least 1 call weekly in up to 3 phones. home / cell / work cell

How I deal with unsolicited calls.

1. Give them a good Sam Kinison scream and then hang up.

2. Repeatedly say "no habla ingles". If the telemarketer starts speaking spanish (they rarely do) then switch to "no habla espanol". Rinse repeat.

How I deal with unsolicited calls.

1. Give them a good Sam Kinison scream and then hang up.

2. Repeatedly say "no habla ingles". If the telemarketer starts speaking spanish (they rarely do) then switch to "no habla espanol". Rinse repeat.

Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hllDWSbuDsQ&feature=player_embedded

lucky you!

I get at least 1 call weekly in up to 3 phones. home / cell / work cell

Step one: Dump the land line

Step two: Caller ID. Sure I get them on my cell but I just don't answer and are too stupid or bad on the phone to leave an intriguing message.

Step one: Dump the land line

Step two: Caller ID. Sure I get them on my cell but I just don't answer and are too stupid or bad on the phone to leave an intriguing message.

my DirecTV ties into the landline as does my home secutity system. and w/o true FO internet I have to stick with a hardline.

And no I can't afford the best of the best to eliminate it either

I wish I could

the work line I have to pick up as it could be a customer

my DirecTV ties into the landline as does my home secutity system. and w/o true FO internet I have to stick with a hardline.

And no I can't afford the best of the best to eliminate it either

I wish I could

the work line I have to pick up as it could be a customer

We're 100% wifi. Dumped cable and the landline several years ago.