offensive line competition.

Justice

Don't confuse competition with results. Don't get me wrong. I love the Bills moves this offseason, but I'm very concerned about our oline. At tackle we have Henderson and Kouandjio. At guard we have C. Williams, Urbik, Richardson and Incognito. We need one of each position to rise up above the rest, if not then all these additions to the offense don't mean much.

Edited by Justice

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't confuse competition with results. Don't get me wrong. I love the Bills moves this offseason, but I'm very concerned about our oline. At tackle we have Henderson and Kouandjio. At guard we have C. Williams, Urbik, Richardson and Incognito. We need one of each position to rise up above the rest, if not then all these additions to the offense don't mean much.

don't confuse March with August

Do you not like Cordy Glenn?

I couldn't agree with u more but I guess the Bills are waiting for the market to subside. There's some really good linemen still available Joe Barksdale Rt from the Rams hasn't even made a visit yet he was ranked #11 in the NFL last yr at run blocking. I hope the Bills take a hard look at him. We should also bring in Stefen Wisiniewski and Justin Blalock for visits. If we can sign Barksdale and either one of these guards/Center our oline will look real good heading into the draft.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Kuondjio is not a starter. Tackles are Glenn and Henderson and both are solid IMO. Incognito will start at one G position, probably RG and we will either sign or draft another G before camp. Can we use some depth? Sure but seems like we are a G short of having a pretty decent O-LIne.

Do you not like Cordy Glenn?

He's a given. Like him a lot.

don't confuse March with August

Touché.

Kuondjio is not a starter. Tackles are Glenn and Henderson and both are solid IMO. Incognito will start at one G position, probably RG and we will either sign or draft another G before camp. Can we use some depth? Sure but seems like we are a G short of having a pretty decent O-LIne.

If Seantrel doesn't improve over last season and he's the starter then we're in trouble.

We're doing the right things, not just making moves for PR and marketing purposes. That's a departure from business as usual.

There is much to be optimistic about for this season until proven otherwise. For the first time in years we have a very good coach. We have a very good D, comparable to our D of the early '90s, one of the best and more versatile RBs in the league, adequate WRs, and at least some legitimate hope at QB with Cassel.

In seasons where Cassel has been the starter the entire season he's posted the following numbers:

27/7

21/11

16/16

In that last season his WRs were all beat up and missed good chunks of the season, so discount that season. Chambers was his leading WR that season, which should tell us all we need to know about that year. In fact, 16/16 with that cast is half a miracle. I think that we have an above average QB here, great trade.

If Seantrel doesn't improve over last season and he's the starter then we're in trouble.

He'll be fine. I'm more worried about Kouandjio, but he's only a G.

We'll be fine.

Edited by TaskersGhost

I couldn't agree with u more but I guess the Bills are waiting for the market to subside. There's some really good linemen still available Joe Barksdale Rt from the Rams hasn't even made a visit yet he was ranked #11 in the NFL last yr at run blocking. I hope the Bills take a hard look at him. We should also bring in Stefen Wisiniewski and Justin Blalock for visits. If we can sign Barksdale and either one of these guards/Center our oline will look real good heading into the draft.

i feel you. Once we get Barksdale in control of the towers, this sh-- is over.