The QB situation is what it is. Move on already

Virgil

No he doesn't, moot point is the right terminology. Look it up if you're not sure.

No i am pretty sure its mute

The QB situation was good enough to make the playoffs last year short of some poorly timed penalties and turnovers. We're better this year with a slight downgrade at QB. We also have a coach who's been to the playoffs before and isn't going to blow it due to a losing attitude.

Our odds are better to make the playoffs this year. Also, don't forget the logjam in the wild card race last year. It probably won't be as competitive this year. If we even have the exact same year we'll probably make the playoffs.

at this point i think the AFC east just got more competitive all around

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassell will start. He'll be better than most expect. Pray that Tyrod doesn't ever have to start because he is awful and has shown 0 improvement in 4 years in the league. He might be okay to keep around for the occasional trick running play but nothing more.

how do you know he has not improved? he has only played one game behind Flacco :bag: .

His clipboard skills could be through the roof by now! :w00t:

you are pretty correct.

well, i am certifiable so you are probably right !

Gotcha, my bad. I wasn't trying to come across as a smartass if it appeared that way to you. I don't read or contribute to this board as much as I used to. Way to many instigators here.

.......he says after instigating a vocabulary argument! j/k

Three years in a row now we go into the season without a starter at qB, That is a major problem. If nothing changes we are worse than last year...

Imo

Good thing games aren't played in March...

Awaiting your next big tip, however...

Chad Kelly will be the savior after winning a national championship at Ole Miss this season.

Hackenburg, Cook, Jones...one of them will be the Bills QB in 2016, I'd bet my life on it.

(I'm sure Terry would LOVE Hackenburg too.)

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

Chad Kelly will be the savior after winning a national championship at Ole Miss this season.

Hackenburg, Cook, Jones...one of them will be the Bills QB in 2016, I'd bet my life on it.

(I'm sure Terry would LOVE Hackenburg too.)

Hackenburg suffered from a new coach,lost receivers and new system. I really like this kid or Cook.

I feel more comfortable about the QB situation now that the Bills signed Tyrod Taylor.

Matt Casell is just unspectacular and EJ may not be the right player for the job.

So let's wait and see what any of these guys can do.

You feel better now that we signed a QB who's barely seen the field and done nothing with it when rarely on it? As if he's a safer bet over EJ who's actually played and won games, including 3 fourth quarter come backs or Cassel who's a seasoned vet.

Got it...

Edited by Alphadawg7

I keep seeing all these posts where downers keep talking about the qb situation and all our moves mean nothing unless it's fixed. Or there are posts about not getting Bradford or someone else in trade. We don't have a qb anyone wants to trade for.

Unless Kaep or Brees becomes magically available, there was never going to be a major upgrade at qb this year in FA or the draft. It's a moot point. All we can do is stack the talent around our mediocre starter and limit his ability to do damage.

So please, stop beating the same drum. We all know the situation and are trying to make the best of it. And for me, I think they've done as good a job in regards to offensive weapons as they can (once we get Clay or another TE)

I don't think that our QB position is all that bad. Like the old saying goes you are never that good and you are never that bad as they say you are.

I feel better about the QB position already. Cassel is a decent vet/backup option, and Taylor has had a couple of years to sit back and learn behind Flacco with a good coaching staff. They instantly upgrade the situation over last season -- and I haven't given up hope on EJ. One of these three QBs will emerge over the summer to be a viable starter.

I don't expect the Bills to draft another project QB this year.

I feel better about the QB position already. Cassel is a decent vet/backup option, and Taylor has had a couple of years to sit back and learn behind Flacco with a good coaching staff. They instantly upgrade the situation over last season -- and I haven't given up hope on EJ. One of these three QBs will emerge over the summer to be a viable starter.

I don't expect the Bills to draft another project QB this year.

Bet ya EJ is Cassels backup.

is this the 2nd mute post on QB's?

I agree however

MOVE ON

Bet ya EJ is Cassels backup.

betcha he's not

Three years in a row now we go into the season without a starter at qB, That is a major problem. If nothing changes we are worse than last year...

Imo

only 3? many would say a decade or more

so when is EJ getting cut? Inquiring Minds want to know

how do you know he has not improved? he has only played one game behind Flacco :bag: .

His clipboard skills could be through the roof by now! :w00t:

well, i am certifiable so you are probably right !

Brett Favre was an unknown third stringer when the Packers got him from Atlanta. Just saying.

We needed to add bodies at QB this offseason and we did just that. I'm glad everyone we've got has at the very least sniffed play at the NFL level, because that was the best we were going to find.

Is it a great situation? Hell no. Is it an imperfect solution to an imperfect situation? Yup.

Open competition in Pittsford. May the best man win.

Brett Favre was an unknown third stringer when the Packers got him from Atlanta. Just saying.

Fair enough.

Ya never know , right ?

I agree the Bills are in better shape at QB then they were last years at this time !

I wouldn't say that Favre was an unknown when GB traded for him. Atlanta had taken him in the early 2nd round (33rd overall) and had just finished his rookie year when GB traded for him.

Edited by OldTimer1960