One major move left... all hangs on Mariota

Does anyone else have the feeling that we still have one big move left in us? Specifically at the QB position?

I think our front office has a game plan set in motion, and it all hangs on one person: Marcus Mariota (no we are not after him but hear me out)

The Eagles would love to have him, but realistically need him to fall out of the top 8 to get him. However, I don't think he will, and THAT IS WHERE THE BILLS GET OUR NEXT QB.

1) Tampa - Winston

2) Titans - ??

3) Jags - ??

4) Raiders - ??

Here is where it gets juicy and where the fireworks could go off.

5) Redskins - Marcus Mariota - should he go to DC, I could see us making the move for RG3 and having an epic QB battle this camp. The grittiness of our defense will bleed over into our offense as EJ/Cassell/RG3 battle it out for who can utilize Watkins/McCoy/Woods/Percy the best.

If the Redskins pass.... we look to the next pick:

6) Jets - Marcus Mariota - no chance we go after Geno, so him being drafted here is equivalent to him going top 4.

7) Bears - Marcus Mariota - doubtful, but if they did it. Cutler could be had cheap in a trade, but we would pay the hefty contract. We land Cutler and there is no QB controversy as he immediately becomes our guy. He has arguably stronger weapons around him than he has ever had in Denver or Chicago so he wouldn't be downgrading as much as the press would spin it.

Other options, but highly doubtful:

10) Rams - Foles?

13) Saints - Brees?

15) Niners - Kaep?

Does anyone else have the feeling that we still have one big move left in us? Specifically at the QB position?

I think our front office has a game plan set in motion, and it all hangs on one person: Marcus Mariota (no we are not after him but hear me out)

The Eagles would love to have him, but realistically need him to fall out of the top 8 to get him. However, I don't think he will, and THAT IS WHERE THE BILLS GET OUR NEXT QB.

1) Tampa - Winston

2) Titans - ??

3) Jags - ??

4) Raiders - ??

Here is where it gets juicy and where the fireworks could go off.

5) Redskins - Marcus Mariota - should he go to DC, I could see us making the move for RG3 and having an epic QB battle this camp. The grittiness of our defense will bleed over into our offense as EJ/Cassell/RG3 battle it out for who can utilize Watkins/McCoy/Woods/Percy the best.

If the Redskins pass.... we look to the next pick:

6) Jets - Marcus Mariota - no chance we go after Geno, so him being drafted here is equivalent to him going top 4.

7) Bears - Marcus Mariota - doubtful, but if they did it. Cutler could be had cheap in a trade, but we would pay the hefty contract. We land Cutler and there is no QB controversy as he immediately becomes our guy. He has arguably stronger weapons around him than he has ever had in Denver or Chicago so he wouldn't be downgrading as much as the press would spin it.

Other options, but highly doubtful:

10) Rams - Foles?

13) Saints - Brees?

15) Niners - Kaep?

Did you just get home from happy hour?

Matt Cassel will be the QB. This is exactly what most college coaches do until they find a dynamic QB. Surround a game manager type with superior athletes. It's exactly what they did with Smith in SF.

This is exactly what they did in Pittsburgh before Ben.

Matt Cassel will be the QB. This is exactly what most college coaches do until they find a dynamic QB. Surround a game manager type with superior athletes. It's exactly what they did with Smith in SF.

This.

The only way I don't see this is if EJ comes on like a great ball of fire and beats him fair and square, with Tyrod Taylor as the "wild card" who could come into camp with Swag and earn the job.

But I see Cassel as the most likely outcome (I would like it to be EJ, but I was watching highlights of Cassel and highlights of EJ and.......)

Some of you are selling EJ short. This guy is a competitor and is motivated to succeed.

This.

The only way I don't see this is if EJ comes on like a great ball of fire and beats him fair and square, with Tyrod Taylor as the "wild card" who could come into camp with Swag and earn the job.

But I see Cassel as the most likely outcome (I would like it to be EJ, but I was watching highlights of Cassel and highlights of EJ and.......)

There is no way Manuel is winning the job.

QB1: Cassel

QB2: Taylor

QB3: Manuel/Tuel/xxxx

They can cut Manuel after June 1st and start to get him off the books. He's going to cost us almost 3 mil next year. He either needs to light it up in camp in way he has literally never played before or he's getting cut. He's not seeing that 4th year unless he wins the job in camp and that's not likely with Cassel here. Cassel beat out a better QB in Teddy Bridgewater in Minnesota last year.

There is no way Manuel is winning the job.

QB1: Cassel

QB2: Taylor

QB3: Manuel/Tuel/xxxx

They can cut Manuel after June 1st and start to get him off the books. He's going to cost us almost 3 mil next year. He either needs to light it up in camp in way he has literally never played before or he's getting cut. He's not seeing that 4th year unless he wins the job in camp and that's not likely with Cassel here. Cassel beat out a better QB in Teddy Bridgewater in Minnesota last year.

Your joking right? Bridgewater couldn't find his locker early in the year. Cassel was a placeholder to let him develop. When AP was suspended they figured why not. Cassel is horrible.

Some of you are selling EJ short. This guy is a competitor and is motivated to succeed.

Don't confuse desire and motivation with capacity. EJ's a great kid who works hard but he just doesn't have it...or who needs beaucoup time to develop. We need to win this year. Cassel is your starter. Casse

No

Look at the cap room.

Yeah, "restructure Mario Williams" but that just pushes the problem out to a future date. Do you want to have a fire sale like N'Orleans, where they HAVE a great QB and he costs them so much they can't keep a decent team around him?

What was he not motivated the last couple years? Competitiveness and motivation don't win games. Many guys in the NFL have had that but can't make it. If EJ makes it this year it will be because he learned to throw the ball more naturally with some velocity and learned to throw accurately in tight spaces while throwing receivers open.