One major move left... all hangs on Mariota

There is no way Manuel is winning the job.

QB1: Cassel

QB2: Taylor

QB3: Manuel/Tuel/xxxx

I said this to a friend (Bills fan too) about a month ago. I gave the odds of EJ starting opening day at 10-15%

Because the FO is not bringing in any QB who they dont think can beat out EJ. They are not bringing in guys to compete with Tuel. And you arent spending millions on a guy you dont think can beat EJ.

And because its a new offense. Who really thinks EJ could have beaten out Cassel in the old offense, much less a new one? Hell, Orton came into an offense EJ "knew" and took his job in about 4 weeks.

Every QB on this team is starting from scratch. And the other guys are better NFL QBs than EJ.

Sorry. But our QB situation is shtt.

Edited by maddenboy

Does anyone else have the feeling that we still have one big move left in us? Specifically at the QB position?

I think our front office has a game plan set in motion, and it all hangs on one person: Marcus Mariota (no we are not after him but hear me out)

The Eagles would love to have him, but realistically need him to fall out of the top 8 to get him. However, I don't think he will, and THAT IS WHERE THE BILLS GET OUR NEXT QB.

1) Tampa - Winston

2) Titans - ??

3) Jags - ??

4) Raiders - ??

Here is where it gets juicy and where the fireworks could go off.

5) Redskins - Marcus Mariota - should he go to DC, I could see us making the move for RG3 and having an epic QB battle this camp. The grittiness of our defense will bleed over into our offense as EJ/Cassell/RG3 battle it out for who can utilize Watkins/McCoy/Woods/Percy the best.

If the Redskins pass.... we look to the next pick:

6) Jets - Marcus Mariota - no chance we go after Geno, so him being drafted here is equivalent to him going top 4.

7) Bears - Marcus Mariota - doubtful, but if they did it. Cutler could be had cheap in a trade, but we would pay the hefty contract. We land Cutler and there is no QB controversy as he immediately becomes our guy. He has arguably stronger weapons around him than he has ever had in Denver or Chicago so he wouldn't be downgrading as much as the press would spin it.

Other options, but highly doubtful:

10) Rams - Foles?

13) Saints - Brees?

15) Niners - Kaep?

I am very impressed that you put so much thought into this for so little result.

Does anyone else have the feeling that we still have one big move left in us? Specifically at the QB position?

I think our front office has a game plan set in motion, and it all hangs on one person: Marcus Mariota (no we are not after him but hear me out)

The Eagles would love to have him, but realistically need him to fall out of the top 8 to get him. However, I don't think he will, and THAT IS WHERE THE BILLS GET OUR NEXT QB.

1) Tampa - Winston

2) Titans - ??

3) Jags - ??

4) Raiders - ??

Here is where it gets juicy and where the fireworks could go off.

5) Redskins - Marcus Mariota - should he go to DC, I could see us making the move for RG3 and having an epic QB battle this camp. The grittiness of our defense will bleed over into our offense as EJ/Cassell/RG3 battle it out for who can utilize Watkins/McCoy/Woods/Percy the best.

If the Redskins pass.... we look to the next pick:

6) Jets - Marcus Mariota - no chance we go after Geno, so him being drafted here is equivalent to him going top 4.

7) Bears - Marcus Mariota - doubtful, but if they did it. Cutler could be had cheap in a trade, but we would pay the hefty contract. We land Cutler and there is no QB controversy as he immediately becomes our guy. He has arguably stronger weapons around him than he has ever had in Denver or Chicago so he wouldn't be downgrading as much as the press would spin it.

Other options, but highly doubtful:

10) Rams - Foles?

13) Saints - Brees?

15) Niners - Kaep?

Holy what the are you high?!

your options are RG3, and Cultler :blink::wacko::angry:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

The funny thing about EJ is living in FL there are tons of FSU fans down here. They follow college as everyone knows far more than the NFL. I have yet to meet any FSU fan that thought EJ was a good pick. Universally, even before he played in the NFL these fans kept telling me "head scratcher" picking him in the 1st round. I've heard over and over again, he's not accurate, often times does not make good decisions, and nice kid who is a hard worker.

Some people just don't have the football intelligence to do it in the NFL. Unless we make another move, Cassel will be our QB. I'm not saying this is the right call, but it may just be our only move. Maybe this Ravens back up could be good. i have no idea.

We really need Clay and a Guard. If we could get both players along with everything we've done, could end up having another solid draft, and we are probably pretty good.

We should save this for low news days.

I think with the weapons we have, Cassel should be good enough to do the job. He is not great, but good enough. On EJ, I don't get why some fans are so quickly to dismiss him. He is how he was coached. Now he has a better coach. He can improve his mechanics through coaching. He can improve his accuracy through better mechanics. He can feel more comfortable with better protection. He will make better decisions when he is not being pressured. Whether he can become a great QB one day is up to him to work hard and learn from the coaches. I believe Rex knows what he is doing. If he think EJ should be kept then I am willing to give him a second look.

No, I don't want Cutler or RG3. They both have character issues.

The funny thing about EJ is living in FL there are tons of FSU fans down here. They follow college as everyone knows far more than the NFL. I have yet to meet any FSU fan that thought EJ was a good pick. Universally, even before he played in the NFL these fans kept telling me "head scratcher" picking him in the 1st round. I've heard over and over again, he's not accurate, often times does not make good decisions, and nice kid who is a hard worker.

Some people just don't have the football intelligence to do it in the NFL. Unless we make another move, Cassel will be our QB. I'm not saying this is the right call, but it may just be our only move. Maybe this Ravens back up could be good. i have no idea.

We really need Clay and a Guard. If we could get both players along with everything we've done, could end up having another solid draft, and we are probably pretty good.

Funny, I live in FL and know many FSU fans and have heard exactly the opposite.

The only thing preventing EJ from being a great QB is that he can't throw the football accurately.

This is exactly right on. If he hasn't learned to throw the ball accurately on a consistant basis by now, he likely isn't going to. He has probably been playing QB for at least 12-15 years by now.

I want him to come out and be great this training camp, but just don't think he's going to be.

Cassel has been very good at times and bad at other times. Probably has a lot to do with the coaches and personnel around him. You could put younger Peyton Manning into a bad situation, and he'd struggle.

I don't know how much of Cassel's success or troubles have to do with raw talent. At this point in his career, he's going with experience and smarts, not so much raw talent. I think he's intended to be the starter, EJ as his backup, and Tyrod as a shot in the dark. I think Tuel time is over.