Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need someone to break the tie!

HINT: Changing one's vote from no to yes is like giving Whaley 2 votes......a huge confidence builder..

I am the Yes party Whip now....I got the appointment by changing my vote...VOTE YES....

Edited by Formerly Joe F

Done!

What pet project did you want done in your district Senator Dibs?

I have yet to vote, I am quite proud to say.

Lots of pot holes in Pittsburgh after the hard winter JR...how about I funnel some DOT project money your way for that Yes vote?

I agree; absolutely love that movie.

It's always amazing to me that Eddie Murphy played even that old white guy in that barbershop scene.

Eddie Murphy & Arsenio Hall were both amazing in that movie. They were a couple of hilarious chameleons.

There is one aspect to this that I am pretty sure has not been mentioned.....and that is....

If a player signs a contract after receiving the transition tag, his original team cannot use the tag again on any player until the contract has expired.

I do not believe that to be correct. A team can tag one player a year using whatever tag they choose. Alex Mack was transition tagged last year by Cleveland. An offer from Jacksonville for a 5 year contract was tendered to Mack which he signed. Cleveland exercised their right of first refusal and kept Mack who is now on a 5 year contract. If what your saying is true then Cleveland would not be able to tag any players until 2019. Yet this year there were reports of the possibility of tagging Jordan Cameron.

Browns tight end Jordan Cameron made it to 4 p.m. Monday without getting the franchise or transition tag, meaning he'll likely hit the open agent market on March 10.

It was also noted on NFL.com's franchise-tag-tracker the players that were tagged as well as players that were thought to be in danger of being tagged. Jordan Cameron was one of the players listed.

It seems pretty clear that a team's ability to use the tag is in no way tied to the length of previously tagged players contract.

Greg F that makes sense but I think what is meant is that the transition tag cannot be used again til the contract expires if they did not match the offer.

So if Cleveland didn't match Macks offer and he went to the jaguars, Cleveland would have been disqualified from using the transition tag again until the contract expired.

I'm not sure if that's right, but that's how I took it.

Edit: otherwise why wouldn't every team tag a free agent every year and just wait to see what the offers will be. No offers and you don't want to pay the high priced tag? Rescind the tag and you are done. Otherwise wait for an offer you are or aren't comfortable with and you are sitting pretty. That's where this penalty comes in.

Edited by What a Tuel