Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But 2 days ago he said there was 0% chance Miami would keep both.

@OmarKelly: For Buffalo fans....you do realize that the Dolphins base offense is the 2 TE set right? http://t.co/QfLdRcdWUd

There's the hedge. If the Dols don't match the Bills' offer, it's because they didn't really want him anyway.

because they just paid J Cameron and don't want to pay him too. 9m/yr. Edited by YoloinOhio

There's the hedge. If the Dols don't match the Bills' offer, it's because they didn't really want him anyway.

Depends on what you mean by that. They may not want to spend 8-9m on him because they already spent 7.5 per on Cameron. But they may very much want him. I always doubted that they want to use a two TE formation as a base offense but it's possible I guess.

Depends on what you mean by that. They may not want to spend 8-9m on him because they already spent 7.5 per on Cameron. But they may very much want him. I always doubted that they want to use a two TE formation as a base offense but it's possible I guess.

Also, keep in mind that the Dolphins cleared Hartline and Wallace off their books so there isn't a lot of money tied up in pass catchers.

But 2 days ago he said there was 0% chance Miami would keep both.

@OmarKelly: For Buffalo fans....you do realize that the Dolphins base offense is the 2 TE set right? http://t.co/QfLdRcdWUd

because they just paid J Cameron and don't want to pay him too. 9m/yr.

He's full of crap. Last year they used Hartline, Wallace and Landry as their basic set with Clay and a RB more often than not. And Brandon Gibson as a 4 WR Edited by Kelly the Dog

Also, keep in mind that the Dolphins cleared Hartline and Wallace off their books so there isn't a lot of money tied up in pass catchers.

True. All they really have are Stills and Landry who is good, as far established players. But they are more likely to sign another wR than TE for 9m

True. All they really have are Stills and Landry who is good, as far established players. But they are more likely to sign another wR than TE for 9m

they definitely need a WR, and I don't think a rookie is the best idea with that group. Could see them going with a Crabtree type. Landry best as a slot guy/PR/KR. Edited by YoloinOhio

Does he know it's not just about 2015 or nah?

@OmarKelly: The Bills have $14M in cap space. The Dolphins have $21M. Not sure there's an offer Miami can't match. WANT TO is a different subject.

Also, the Dolphins have already accomplished as much cap finagling as they're able to, with a number of holes now left in their roster as a result. The Bills have numerous cap saving options at their disposal with consideray fewer holes to fill.

His reporting is based on his "gut" not fact. It reeks of "truthiness".

they definitely need a WR, and I don't think a rookie is the best idea with that group. Could see them going with a Crabtree type. Landry best as a slot guy/PR/KR.

Crabtree sounds like exactly the player the Dolphins would sign and seems like the South Beach kind of guy and then he will do little to nothing.

What's funny is how there was so m uch less interest in the signing of our possible starting QB(s). No need to panic, people. If it happens, great. If not, we'll fill the spot either in the draft or another signing. Either way, we're gonna be a damn tough team to handle this year.

says something about the caliber of those QBs. I'm on record as believing that, for this team at this time, upgrading the TE is being given too high a priority. I'd much rather see them wining & dining o-linemen, but, there's not an abundance of good ones out there. Given that and our QB situation I get what they are doing. The more weapons the better.

says something about the caliber of those QBs. I'm on record as believing that, for this team at this time, upgrading the TE is being given too high a priority. I'd much rather see them wining & dining o-linemen, but, there's not an abundance of good ones out there. Given that and our QB situation I get what they are doing. The more weapons the better.

Best OL available at 50 is probably the likely choice and I'm all for it

agreed - if Jahri Evans gets cut I think they will go after him hard but otherwise it's Best available OL at 50 IMO. We probably feel jaded with how the Kouandjio pick has turned out so far but typically OGs drafted in the first 2 rds end up being good pretty early on. Edited by YoloinOhio

Seems pretty clear what they are doing. They are lessening the need for a Qb to be good enough to drop back and read a defense and throw an accurate pass 20-25 yards downfield before the OL breaks down. With McCoy, Watkins, woods, Harvin and Clay, along with an innovative OC, they are going to throw a ton of short passes and try to get mismatches when defenses don't know who to cover. I don't think any team has as much pure speed and talent as those 5 skill players.

I would prefer plug and play.

and i want to hear about some of them visiting, and the wining and dining of said O lineman, like last week.

dammit!

Seems pretty clear what they are doing. They are lessening the need for a Qb to be good enough to drop back and read a defense and throw an accurate pass 20-25 yards downfield before the OL breaks down. With McCoy, Watkins, woods, Harvin and Clay, along with an innovative OC, they are going to throw a ton of short passes and try to get mismatches when defenses don't know who to cover. I don't think any team has as much pure speed and talent as those 5 skill players.

it's the ohio state offense! Edited by YoloinOhio

Okay fine.

who is the other guard? Oh my aching back Williams? and I may or may not be okay now, Incognito?

yay Heck i am so overwound i would take Stephan and move Wood just to get the best five on the field.

I am still shell shocked from Marrones " efforts " sorry folks..