[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Clay is good, but I don't know that he is a guy to overpay for. He is a nice piece to the offense, but I don't think he is a difference maker that you pay big $ to.

That's going to be the trick I think. The Bills should (in my opinion) make the offer high enough to cripple the Dolphins' plans if they match but not high enough to cripple the Bills' plans if they don't. That's the trick, and I honestly don't know where that breaking point lies in terms of raw numbers. The opportunity to hurt a divisional opponent by either taking a piece away from them, or making them overpay to keep him, is tempting.

Pass. I get crushed every day in my office when I tell my co-workers that I don't find her attractive at all.

But Charles Clay, I'm in on as a better option at TE.

I agree on upton. I think she is just average with big breasts. Nothing special.

On clay I would be OK with him but would prefer Vernon Davis if we could get him

Don't you think Clay has more left in the tank than Davis?

I would love Vernon Davis, but I think that Clay may be a better fit for the Bills. Clay would play TE/HB/FB, be in motion all the time, etc. Davis would be a force at TE but Chandler would be relegated to being pretty useless. Neither blocks well although Davis is probably better. With Clay we can still use Chandler but Clay creates all kinds of possibilities with Roman's offense. If it were last year I would say I'd want Davis more. But Roman loves these kinds of players.

I would love Vernon Davis, but I think that Clay may be a better fit for the Bills. Clay would play TE/HB/FB, be in motion all the time, etc. Davis would be a force at TE but Chandler would be relegated to being pretty useless. Neither blocks well although Davis is probably better. With Clay we can still use Chandler but Clay creates all kinds of possibilities with Roman's offense. If it were last year I would say I'd want Davis more. But Roman loves these kinds of players.

I do. I'm a big fan of Davis so my opinion is skewed because of that. Like Kelly said above I think Davis is a slightly better blocker but clay is more versatile. I would be happy with either or.

Thanks for the info :beer:

I do. I'm a big fan of Davis so my opinion is skewed because of that. Like Kelly said above I think Davis is a slightly better blocker but clay is more versatile. I would be happy with either or.

I think Davis is a better blocker than Chandler. I think Clay is a better blocker than Davis. It's tough to know though.

Davis had an awful year in Roman's offense last year. I don't think he is interested in following Roman to Buffalo.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I think marquis gray is a the same kind of player clay is. Neither strong at blocking but can move the ball and get open for big plays. I would rather we draft nick oleary in the third or fourth round.

As far as Upton goes, I think she's overrated.. Nice rack though but i wouldn't offer her too much more than the veteran minimum. needs some conditioning.

With Clay, I think 4 million is about his range. I'd offer incentives for pro bowl, touchdowns, blocking efficiency or something.

Edited by SJDK

3-4 mill. Would rather bolster the Oline or DLine than sign him to anything over 4. He's ok. Chandler is almost ok. Gives us 2 decent options, yet neither are good blockers. Doesn't make sense to me.

I know. Pass. Doubt we sign Hughes(or his 7-9mill replacement), a stud guard and clay, plus anyone of the other strange guys we decide to sign, there's gonna be a couple. Just don't think a TE that can't block very well should get paid 6-7 in this offense. I think he fits our offense as he can move all over the place, and I do think he's a capable receiver, but I REALLY wanna make sure we cover ALL of our bases when it comes to putting together a dominant power running game. It needs to happen if we want to take the next step. A good QB isn't coming through the door anytime this offseason IMO. Teams are gonna stack 8,9, 10 in the box to stop us if our QBs continue to fail.

Sure, clay is an asset and would help improve our offense, I just don't think he brings 6-7 million worth to the table. Money better spent elsewhere IMO.

I know. Pass. Doubt we sign Hughes(or his 7-9mill replacement), a stud guard and clay, plus anyone of the other strange guys we decide to sign, there's gonna be a couple. Just don't think a TE that can't block very well should get paid 6-7 in this offense. I think he fits our offense as he can move all over the place, and I do think he's a capable receiver, but I REALLY wanna make sure we cover ALL of our bases when it comes to putting together a dominant power running game. It needs to happen if we want to take the next step. A good QB isn't coming through the door anytime this offseason IMO. Teams are gonna stack 8,9, 10 in the box to stop us if our QBs continue to fail.

Sure, clay is an asset and would help improve our offense, I just don't think he brings 6-7 million worth to the table. Money better spent elsewhere IMO.

He's a pretty good blocker, too. That's why I want him. He can play a lot of positions and do a lot of things. A very versatile, solid, valuable player.

i would gladly spend 7 million on Clay. I'd definitely prefer him to Davis as well. Better hands and is younger. Clay is a heck of a player. great red zone target and one of the better YAC TEs in the game.