[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not suggesting lowballing him. I am suggesting to structure it in the way that serves your cap best. Miami is trying to make the Bills structure it in a way that is most painful to Miami so that they won't match. This isn't in the Bills best interst. They should structure it in the Bills best interest and dare Miami to match.

I don't think lowball was really the best term... I suppose I just have doubts on meeting in the middle of what would make both Clay happy and fit out cap constraints. Then again, the fact no offer was officially made could support this idea, which would be rather prescient on the part of the Bills.

I don't think lowball was really the best term... I suppose I just have doubts on meeting in the middle of what would make both Clay happy and fit out cap constraints. Then again, the fact no offer was officially made could support this idea, which would be rather prescient on the part of the Bills.

The Bills have plenty of money and are very likely to land Clay. It's a matter of landing Clay and being able to still do other things vs. landing Clay and being jammed up on future moves.

I have the feeling that it's clay. Harvin is a smoke screen. Think about it, we dropped two tight ends. They want to fake completion to drive up Harvins price but we HAVE TO GET CLAY now as the draft and free agency suck for tight ends. It will be a very outlandish deal for Clay and I don't think he will live up to it. We HAVE TO GET A TE AND A GUARD. We don't have to get a WR.

Edited by SJDK

I have the feeling that it's clay and Harvin is a smoke screen. Think about it, we dropped two tight ends. They want to fake completion to drive up Harvins price but we HAVE TO GET CLAY now as the draft and free agency suck for tight ends. It will be a very outlandish deal for Clay and I don't think he will live up to it. We HAVE TO GET A TE AND A GUARD. We don't have to get a WR.

They chased Marshall too. They want a WR still. There are other options at WR but the Bills will add at least one. Edited by Kirby Jackson

What's the delay - get him to sign already!

My theory on this: The Bills and Clay could have an understanding that a deal will happen. But the Bills have waited to make their offer. All the while, Miami gets nervous and signs other players, including Cameron, thus making it much harder for them to match the Bills' offer. Genius! Or perhaps I'm reading too much into it and he's heading back to Miami to sign with them haha.

I have the feeling that it's clay. Harvin is a smoke screen. Think about it, we dropped two tight ends. They want to fake completion to drive up Harvins price but we HAVE TO GET CLAY now as the draft and free agency suck for tight ends. It will be a very outlandish deal for Clay and I don't think he will live up to it. We HAVE TO GET A TE AND A GUARD. We don't have to get a WR.

not when for round 2 & 3 values - that repeated line refers to 1st round candidates

They chased Marshall too. They want a WR still. There are other options at WR but the Bills will add at least one.

I agree but I think it will be a cheap vet or a draft pick for wide receiver

If Miami pulls it we are freed up to give him a signing bonus today that's huge but a smaller 2015 hit instead of salary limited to this years cap space and paid in the fall.

An example of kirbys point that isn't even paying less

If we have decided what we feel the man would be worth playing for us either match or just back off, don't EFF with someone's life.

its not eff-ing with his life.

His options are not 7MM vs zero. His options are 7MM vs more than 7MM. If it takes a week to sort it out, i'm sure he's happy to wait.

Edited by maddenboy