[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are comparing his receiving numbers to Chandler's you are missing the point. It is about what Clay can force defenses to do with his versatility. I feel like a broken record saying it but there is a reason that multiple teams are fighting over this guy.

'Preciate your patience, Kirby. Can't blame Johnny Come Lately's for not reading all 40+ pages to see if their exact message has uttered 40 times. IMO, no sense starting a new thread til a decision is made -one way or another.

26 245 9.4 2

Vernon Davis stats last year. If TE is so important in Romans offense then why are Davis'stats so weak? Yes, he had one good year in'13 but otherwise his stats are similiar to Chandlers.

Davis had 13 TDs in 2013. Last year he was terrible, but so was the entire offense for SF.

IMO he's in that 3-5 mill range, no more. He's not a game changer that you plan for. Are guys like Belicheck going to game plan to stop Charles Clay??

No...they are going to game plan to stop Sammy Watkins, LeSean McCoy, and Robert Woods.

If they dedicate a good portion of their preparation so stopping those guys, it would make sense to have another big, physical target with some downfield speed that can hurt them.

'Preciate your patience, Kirby. Can't blame Johnny Come Lately's for not reading all 40+ pages to see if their exact message has uttered 40 times. IMO, no sense starting a new thread til a decision is made -one way or another.

Thanks Chandler and I agree that it all works in this thread. I don't mind banging my head against a wall and repeating things 15 times. It is kind of turning into the new "can Pegula own the Bills and Sabres" conversation.

If he's below average, what are Gray, Gragg and Fendi Onabun?

I don't know...I was responding to your statement about Gresham....but having to guess, they are below average also...isn't the point of signing players to get better...not stay the same?

Edited by nucci