WR Percy Harvin's first visit is with Bills

Punch

I'd be shocked if he received that. I could be wrong. I'm guessing he is being offered a one year deal in the $5M a year range. I would have to believe if you asked 10 random GM's what they believe his worth is (not could be) they'd say no more than $5M per year. Of course, all it takes is one team to value him higher.

if you read close kirby is only saying a 2 year deal at 6m per, but if he lives up to it without headaches (for him or the team!) he earns an 8m year at the end-- so its not far out of line from what you are saying.

if hes seeing 1 year 5m, and we offer a little extra, it could go a long way in the "do i even visit the others" waffling going on now

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you read close kirby is only saying a 2 year deal at 6m per, but if he lives up to it without headaches (for him or the team!) he earns an 8m year at the end-- so its not far out of line from what you are saying.

I suppose it's not all that far apart.

As long as it doesnt really effect our cap space then I wont mind however they decide to structure his deal

CBF

the perk of the 3 year 20m kirby offered as an option is

2014-- Signing bonus $5m, Salary 1m, Cap hit 2.67m

2015 -- Salary $6m, cap hit 7.6m, dead if cut 3.3m

2016 -- Salary 8m, cap hit 9.6m, dead if cut 1.6m (and i guess the pay being a roster bonus in march to get a decision at the start of FA)

just random rough numbers but to give an idea of how it would give freedom in the 2015 cap hit to get clay AND a guard or spikes for instance.

i would doubt much if any of year 2 would be guaranteed and might see a march roster bonus in the structure there too in order to force a decision ASAP in the offseaon. for harvin, his goal has to be pay me or get me to FA as early as possible in the offseason, if hes giving up guarantees (like i assume he would have to)

Edited by NoSaint

2016 -- Salary 8m, cap hit 9.6m, dead if cut 1.6m (and i guess the pay being a roster bonus in march to get a decision at the start of FA)

just random rough numbers but to give an idea of how it would give freedom in the 2015 cap hit to get clay AND a guard or spikes for instance.

I like the looks of that!

CBF

If you use a guard for example (Mathis hopefully) you can drop Williams and Urbik and free up like $5M which would cover him. You could in theory do Mathis, Harvin, Clay and Spikes (and still have some room).

If you use a guard for example (Mathis hopefully) you can drop Williams and Urbik and free up like $5M which would cover him. You could in theory do Mathis, Harvin, Clay and Spikes (and still have some room).

yup... we are still in a pretty flexible spot right now. and THAT is why i keep beating the drum of not being scared of the cap currently. we might not get EVERYTHING we want, but we are in a position where we could still without the cap interfering.

Edited by NoSaint

Buscaglia: Report: Harvin to mull over whether he should even go on other visits.

I don't know if that means he likes what he sees in Buffalo or if it means he's planning on staying put.

Staying put for him means remaining unemployed. The Jets released him.

i think it's more than just about winning a SB. he wants to put up big numbers this year so he can sign a big long term deal next year. i probably wouldn't come here if i was him but if he wants to make the most money and prove that he's not a bad teammate then we might be his only shot

i think it's more than just about winning a SB. he wants to put up big numbers this year so he can sign a big long term deal next year. i probably wouldn't come here if i was him but if he wants to make the most money and prove that he's not a bad teammate then we might be his only shot

the risk being if he gets on anyones bad side in NE, they will sink him and it may torpedo his career for good.

Honestly - I think New England has sailed as an option for him after signing Brandon Gibson and extending/restructuring Amendola (not to mention Julian Edelman entrenched in the slot).

I could be wrong but I have a feeling that their interest in him was overblown. If for no other reason than he's considering signing with us today.

yup... we are still in a pretty flexible spot right now. and THAT is why i keep beating the drum of not being scared of the cap currently. we might not get EVERYTHING we want, but we are in a position where we could still without the cap interfering.

Be still my heart. Wow! What an offseason that would make!

Didn't get along with some teammates in Sea, namely Golden Tate and Russell Wilson, who by all accounts appear to be a giant douchebags, moreso Tate than Wilson.

HUH? Evidence or edit. I have had been exposed to extensive coverage of him since his senior year in high school, and closely followed his career from NC State to Wisconsin, to Seattle. Literally. I lived in his home town till last year when I moved in to Seahawks territory. At no point has he displayed any Douchbaggery.

Edited by Ramblin' Rob

HUH? Evidence or edit. I have had been exposed to extensive coverage of him since his senior year in high school, and closely followed his career from NC State to Wisconsin, to Seattle. Literally. I lived in his home town till last year when I moved in to Seahawks territory. At no point has he displayed any Douchbaggery.

This article from the Seattle Times seems to indicate a rift between Harvin and Russell Wilson splitting the locker room. Along with the usual rumors of the fist fight between him and his fellow WR Golden Tate.

This is why I don't want the guy. He may be a good player, but he is too disruptive in the locker room. There is no "I" in team, but there is in HarvIn.