Julius Thomas - 5/45 in Jax

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb to give up on any young qb but Bortles was really bad last year.

Going to Jacksonville isn't a winning decision. It's a money decision and I don't fault any football player for that.

71 sacks on Bortles in 2014 or 4.43 a game. the line had a lot to do with it. Good thing they brought in the line guru

Yikes. I mean, I would like the Bills to pay it for one man only at that position - Gronk. Maybe Graham - maybe. At least the Jags got Bortles a potential play maker even if it is crazy money. Maybe if they can get White/Cooper/Parker in this draft and use the rest on defensive upgrades, they may start to make headway in that division. In fact, I hope they do.

Classic money grab -- can't blame him. The guy leveraged playing on a team with Peyton Manning into a mega deal. Earlier this offseason I was pushing for the Bills to get involved but the more I've read, I'm glad they stayed out of this one.

You know the player is only about the "jack" when he picks Jax/Bortles over Seattle/Russell.

Good news for Julius -- he'll receive excellent coaching on improving his blocking from the OL/assistant HC down there in Jax.

Bortles about to breakout this year

He will most definetly be a lot better this year. Every time he dropped back it was like a jail break coming at him. Though not sure how much it will improve w the new line coach! Saw him a couple weeks ago and told him to tell Marrone thanks and that him leaving was the best thing for the bills and to kick him in the nuts for us all!!

Dumb to give up on any young qb but Bortles was really bad last year.

Going to Jacksonville isn't a winning decision. It's a money decision and I don't fault any football player for that.

yeah he's never getting the 2nd big contract, so this was it.. might as well cash in. could be on IR by September.....

Sorry Barbarian but Bortles was brutal. OL needs improved but his accuracy and mechanics need help too. Hackett is his new QB coach.

He was a project to begin with and they never expected him to play right away. He seemed to start out ok in preseason and then just looked worse as the year went on.

Maybe a TE like JT will help.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Julius is my free agent bust for this year. Peyton can make any TE look good especially when they are single covered all game.

I'm not saying he isn't good but he won't come close to the numbers he put up in Denver or to justify that contract

Edited by Max997

I'm not sure why people complain about a player maximizing their earnings. It's always a nice feel good moment for the fans when someone like Hughes stays instead of chasing the last nickle. There's a lot to be said for being in a place you like and working with and/or for good people, people you care about. There's also something to be said for playing for a team that could win it all. But I don't blame any player for going for the money. They've got a long time on this planet after football.

I'm not sure why people complain about a player maximizing their earnings. It's always a nice feel good moment for the fans when someone like Hughes stays instead of chasing the last nickle. There's a lot to be said for being in a place you like and working with and/or for good people, people you care about. There's also something to be said for playing for a team that could win it all. But I don't blame any player for going for the money. They've got a long time on this planet after football.

Who is complaining? Most in this thread think he was overpaid; good for him.