Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Freddie is everything you want in a player. Hard worker. Team leader. Had the 3rd highest total for receiving yards of running backs in 2014. Not on the team...in the NFL. THIRD. Led the team in rushing behind a very suspect line. Who cares about is YPC. He beat Spiller. Who cares about his age. He still has it. Freddie gets 4 yards when he should get two. Great blocking on 3rd down. I can't tell you how many times I would yell at the TV "I love you Freddie" because he just gives you more than the play was going to get. Did the FO forget that stiff-arm during the Bears game? Someone mentioned Freddie getting injured...he has always come back from injuries sonner than expected. And you're gonna (potentially) cut him for Bilal Powell? Really??? Bilal. Powell. Oi.

Glad Pegula (supposedly) stepped in. He's not saying Freddie needs to start. But the fans were right on this one, in my book. There are some things you can't measure, and that's what Freddie brings.

Of course, but that is true of every team. What is different is whether or not an owner will ever really use that power. Many will and many won't. Most fans don't want their team's owner doing anything of the sort. What Leroi was saying, true or not, is that Pegula wouldn't do that. He's type B owner, who is not going to overrule his GM. Right now, we don't know either way if El Petulante is Type A or Type B.

I think it's possible that for cap reasons the release of Fred was "on the table" going into FA, as was a contract restructure. It may have "made sense" to happen when it leaked so the media ran with it. Ultimately, it may not have been Pegula overriding anyone. Rather, that the Bills/Whaley took it off the table themselves. Pegs made the statement today because of the fan protest/petition, etc. Jmo. Edited by YoloinOhio

Freddie is everything you want in a player. Hard worker. Team leader. Had the 3rd highest total for receiving yards of running backs in 2014. Not on the team...in the NFL. THIRD. Led the team in rushing behind a very suspect line. Who cares about is YPC. He beat Spiller. Who cares about his age. He still has it. Freddie gets 4 yards when he should get two. Great blocking on 3rd down. I can't tell you how many times I would yell at the TV "I love you Freddie" because he just gives you more than the play was going to get. Did the FO forget that stiff-arm during the Bears game? Someone mentioned Freddie getting injured...he has always come back from injuries sonner than expected. And you're gonna (potentially) cut him for Bilal Powell? Really??? Bilal. Powell. Oi.

Glad Pegula (supposedly) stepped in. He's not saying Freddie needs to start. But the fans were right on this one, in my book. There are some things you can't measure, and that's what Freddie brings.

Don't let facts ruin people's ill-formed opinions!

I think it's possible that for cap reasons the release of Fred was "on the table" going into FA, as was a contract restructure. It may have "made sense" to happen when it leaked so the media ran with it. Ultimately, it may not have been Pegula overriding anyone. Rather, that the Bills/Whaley took it off the table themselves. Pegs made the statement today because of the fan protest/petition, etc. Jmo.

Right. Quite possible. There are 100 ways Pegula could have inserted himself into the Fred Jackson equation. A large portion of those 100 would be serious meddling, IMO. An equally large portion of them would be perfectly cool and not meddling, at least to me. Everyone is going to have their own definition of meddling. Another large portion would be stepping to the brink and may going over and maybe not.

Pegula, from reports that I believe that have not been published, was very pissed at LaFontaine for going behind his back, and trying to hire guys without any consultation at all with him or other members of his inner circle. That is what led to the falling out. I'm not 100% positive but it's from a great source.

I would assume that he made it clear to Whaley and Rex that these are your jobs, just keep me informed of what you are doing. I doubt unless it's something severe that he's going to veto or overrule a move. I could easily see him saying "If it's just the money for Fred, I think we should keep him." Then Whaley still makes the decision.

Don't believe the hype.

Whaley has final say on the roster, not Pegula.

Terry will/ would not disrespect his GM by going over his head.

It is all Whaleys' decision.

Freddy will be a cap casualty.

Imo

Which hype should we not believe, the Fredex will be cut tomorrow hype?

Or the Fredex will not be cut because Pegula stepped in hype?

And if you don't mind if I ask, is this your opinion (Imo) you're speaking from, or are you speaking from inside information here?

Edited by Hopeful

This thread was longer, 30 pages.... then it became 29 pages.... then people posted and it hit 30 pages again.... and then back to 29 pages.

Some mod cut some posts. Pegula got wind of it and said... No way, I'm the top Pegs, I can fire everyone. So they put the posts back, and graham reported it wrong.

Which hype should we not believe, the Fredex will be cut tomorrow hype?

Or the Fredex will not be cut because Pegula stepped in hype?

And if you don't mind if I ask, is this your opinion (Imo) you're speaking from, or are you speaking from inside information here?

reasonable questions.

What he has that you can't measure is heart, and he has it in abundance. Gotta see Freddie in the red white and blue this fall!

That is just not true.

Of course, Pegula can do whatever he wants. Leroi is saying that he won't do it. He gave Whaley roster control and wouldn't walk in and demand he keep someone that Whaley wants to release.

I'm not saying I believe Leroi's post to be true, and that Fred will be released, but it's surely not automatically wrong.

To say that Pegula "won't go over" Whaley's head is folly. He IS over Whaley's head.

To say that Pegula "won't go over" Whaley's head is folly. He IS over Whaley's head.

I think he is shorter.

But that said, as I stated earlier, some owners will use their weight once in a while on player moves and others don't. It's veto power that all owners have. But Whaley has final say on roster moves. That's his job. Pegula hopes he never once has to exercise that veto power because he wants his GM to have total control over the roster. He, Terry, just wants to be told what they are doing.

If you want to be technical, no GM has "final say" because all owners can do whatever the hell they want. But in this discussion, that would be less accurate. The GM has control over the roster like most teams. Or the HC does, which is becoming increasingly more prevalent. The Cowboys I guess, with Jerry Jones, are the only team that doesn't.