Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

He can, but he really doesn't... it seems. He likes to bounce outside more than CJ from what I can tell.

i don't think you can judge based on last year. No RB would be successful behind that line and lack of passing threat. He certainly has the size and I think he can hit the hole. The key is for there to be a semblance of an opening. I think we saw that in the KC game. Regardless of the goal line fumble, he ran over the chiefs.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact you edited this post and still can't spell "clearly" tells me all I need to know about your judgement on who's bright and who isn't.

Fred is much better than Bryce Brown. You don't know football if you can't see that.

And you don't understand the economics of the NFL.

It's simple. You get older, you get more expensive, you get released and signed by another team.

Every year there is an aging player still playing in the league where you go, "Huh, we did so and so sign with this team."

NFL is a $$/productivity game.

Jackson is due 2.7M this year. The Bills can't justify that for the backup RB.

It's simple. Sad, but simple.

Yup. That's about what the Pats* paid all 3 of their RBs last year (combined). Not sure why people are acting like it's an insignificant amount of money.

really,a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs this century has the luxury of stashing medicore players?

You talking about Brown? That was Marrone's decision not to play him. Whaley simply acquired him.

Maybe Freddy could retire and become a RB coach on the Bills?

The sad fact is that he's not going to be a major part of the offense with McCoy and Brown/Dixon here... RB is a young man's position.

IF Freddy played QB he could have 5-6 great years left.

He could retire, but he wants to still play.

By no measure, and I mean everything accross the board, on and off the field, in the locker room and in overall contribution and value as a player, is Bryce Brown anywhere near as good or valuable as 34yo Fred Jackson.

Fred was our offensive MVP last season. Career high with 66 catches, led the team in rushing, best blocker, best clutch performer, and his numbers are skewed by the fact he fought to come back early from injury and play with pain.

Bryce Brown was the worst back on the team last season. Terrible vision, plays smaller than his size, bad blocker, fumbled in the clutch, and was legit beat out by Freddy both before and after the injury.

Not only is Freddy better, but I question whether Brown should even make the final roster cut even if Freddy were gone.

No way is this about anything on the field. It's about ego. Whaley's stubborn insistence on justifying his bad trade. Period.

If true, I hate to see end this way....But, as much as I've liked or admired some of these players over the years they haven't gotten it done. No playoffis in 15 years. Can't have it both ways. If we want to make the playoffs tough decisions and changes have to be made. Fred Jackson deserved better, but he had his time and it didn't work out. Sucks but it's time for serious change.

I don't know why the Bills wouldn't at least bring Freddie into camp? The guy was productive last year and is very versatile, it would make sense to try and keep him for training camp to see exactly what he has left.

Because a camp cut could be an end to a career- now gives him a chance to latch on at maximum pay elsewhere..... I don't normally support that but with Freddy I wouldn't be upset by the gift to him

but if our lineup is

Mccoy

Brown

Powell (SPECIAL TEAMS AND SHORT YARDAGE)

Dixon (possibly inactive, but special teams and short yardage)

theres a good chance the move has less to do with powell taking his job as a RB and more to do with the coaching staff wanting special teams production out of #3, whoever it is (and that isnt freddy). if freddy isnt in the top 2, and doesnt play ST - he might be penciled in as a healthy scratch and an expensive one, even without bilal

Powell is a good blocking back as well...bottom line Powell > FJ

He has the 18th highest cap hit for a RB. Even if he was slotted as the #2 guy behind McCoy, he is massively overpaid. Even if you don't agree that Brown is equal to or better than Jackson, you can't argue that that you couldn't go out and find a better #2 back in FA who costs less.

Does Jackson have anything left? Sure.

Is he a top 20 back at this point in his career? Absolutely not.

It is absolutely hilarious that nearly everyone on this board is ripping the McCoy trade arguing that you don't need to pay for a top tier RB, but has no problem grossly overpaying Fred Jackson this year.

If you don't think he is overpaid or that it's wise to get out of the contract now when there is zero dead money on the cap so we can upgrade other positions, you are simply looking at his name and saying I want to keep this guy and there is no logical argument to have with you.

Who ripped the McCoy trade? The Brown trade was the big loser. Freddy is making fair pay for his worth. God forbid McCoy goes down and we get stuck again with Brown. Short memories for some just how big the drop off was last year when Freddy got injured.