B Marshall to jets

you must be joking. the Jets have tons of cap room. they just got a Pro Bowler for a 5th round pick and will have a better QB than anyone we have. by comparison we gave up a 5th and got Matt Cassel

Matt Cassell...AND a sixth round pick. Let's not omit facts for the sake of making your point.

That's a little bit of Bills Fan talk IMO. Adding talent is adding talent. Marshall is a great player. Simple as that. It was a good move.

Yep, it was a good move for the Jets. The Bears kinda got fleeced, IMO. Unless they are in full-on tank/rebuild mode.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Cassell...AND a sixth round pick. Let's not omit facts for the sake of making your point.

Yep, it was a good move for the Jets. The Bears kinda got fleeced, IMO. Unless they are in full-on tank/rebuild mode.

AND our 7th if you are nit picking

Cowherd saying buffalo DL best in league so Geno won't have time to get him the ball anyway. Lol.

That said... Let's counter with Revis!

I want Revis bad but I'm more than a little nervous about what Woody is willing to pay him.

Though I imagine a record breaking deal for Revis from the Jets would add more than a little bit of fire to the whole tampering incident the Pats are trying to press.

What stinks is after all the moves are done and the Jets add their QB, Bills will be picked to finish last in a very tough division.

Got to hope Mariota goes before 6.

even if they get Mariota, he will still be a rookie. Not an Andrew luck rookie either if he even plays right away. No way he lasts until 6 anyway IMO. QBs too much value.

They can trade up but would be a kings ransom for a guy who might not be ready his year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I liked (LOVED) our trade but to say we didn't need him... he is instantly one of the top 5 players on the Eagles. We can always use outstanding FB players. Hear ya.... but I think he would have played well this coming year in Red, White & Blue

really, its not like we traded Mario Haggan's busted ass to them or something. Alonso is an asset.

I want Revis bad but I'm more than a little nervous about what Woody is willing to pay him.

Though I imagine a record breaking deal for Revis from the Jets would add more than a little bit of fire to the whole tampering incident the Pats are trying to press.

yeah, they need to watch out with that. Kraft has Roger wrapped around his finger and won't let that go. Plus I heard Revis hates Woody Johnson.

even if they get Mariota, he will still be a rookie. Not an Andrew luck rookie either if he even plays right away. No way he lasts until 6 anyway IMO. QBs too much value.

They can trade up but would be a kings ransom for a guy who might not be ready his year.

Nick Foles and Philly draft picks for the next 2 years.

Dear god the overreactions... His cap hit isn't good for a team like the Jets. They are building the wrong way... Paying for all these WRs with no QB even if they grab Mariotta or Foles they still have no good QB.

everyone is so worried about the cap. Ours and now the Jets. I really think the teams are a little more aware of the cap situation then we are.

So worst case scenario for us: what happens if they get Nick Foles, the 1st round pick from the Eagles for the next 3 yrs, Spiller, Cromartie, and Revis? All could happen as per rumors. Their receivers are now Marshall, Harvin (might trade him now), and Decker and they have a good young TE with Amaro. That would be a heck of a turn around if that's how it plays out and they wont be an easy win for us anymore

So worst case scenario for us: what happens if they get Nick Foles, the 1st round pick from the Eagles for the next 3 yrs, Spiller, Cromartie, and Revis? All could happen as per rumors. Their receivers are now Marshall, Harvin (might trade him now), and Decker and they have a good young TE with Amaro. That would be a heck of a turn around if that's how it plays out and they wont be an easy win for us anymore

I'm just going to wait and see if any of that happens before I become concerned about it.

Sorry, I was having fun with those who criticize McCoy trade. I like Marshall. Great player

Just rebooted my sarcasm detector. Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if Chip Kelly has stopped laughing at us yet, especially after seeing this trade.

Whaley has done some nice things here and there, but he needs to go. The Bills need a GM who understands positional value and the salary cap if they want to compete with the big boys. This guy is just winging it.

you must be joking. the Jets have tons of cap room. they just got a Pro Bowler for a 5th round pick and will have a better QB than anyone we have. by comparison we gave up a 5th and got Matt Cassel

Cassell is a probowler

Seven straight 1,000 yard seasons before last year.

Everyone who was great, WAS great. But I don't think the past stats do much to refute the decline from last year signling the end of the party... Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I wonder if Chip Kelly has stopped laughing at us yet, especially after seeing this trade.

Whaley has done some nice things here and there, but he needs to go. The Bills need a GM who understands positional value and the salary cap if they want to compete with the big boys. This guy is just winging it.

Someone who understands the cap as well as you think you do? We have a lot of cap room right now. You could complain if we have to cut good players to get under the cap but the fact that we are able to take on the contract of an elite RB is a good thing. Yes?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Carry on though.

A nine-year veteran and five-time Pro Bowler, Marshall fought through nagging leg injuries most of last season and finished the year on the injured reserve due to fractured ribs and a punctured lung. He produced just 721 yards receiving. Prior to last season, Marshall racked up 1,000 yards receiving in seven consecutive seasons.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12432188/chicago-bears-trade-brandon-marshall-new-york-jets

While Marshall's ability has never been questioned, he has often been a distraction.

Last season, Marshall was part of a postgame locker room rant after a loss to the Miami Dolphins, and he challenged a Detroit Lions fan to a boxing match on Twitter. In addition, he had weekly television duties as an analyst on Showtime's "Inside the NFL."

Cassell is a probowler

Everyone who was great, WAS great. But I don't think the past stats do much to refute the decline from last year signling the end of the party...

So every player who does not exceed his previous years stats is on the decline....Some of you people really have no clue what you're talking about.

Otay.