We should overpay for D. Thomas (TE - Den)

dayman

I can't think of a FA more valuable to us. Our window is now. That would be the most universally hailed signing, I wouldn't care if we paid him double market value and lost Hughes to do it.

Thoughts?

Edited by Rex'sOffense

(Julius) Thomas....and no I am not sold on him, he is a product of the Manning lead offense. Especially if we over pay to get him. I would rather have Jordan Cameron......and let us not forget about Big Sammy, aka MarQueis Gray, I'd really like to see what he can do.

Overpay for Charles Clay instead. He fits Roman's offense like a glove and we take him away from div opponent. Also they transition tagged him so they don't get comp for losing him. He will still cost less than j Thomas. We would need to pay him a boatload to sign somewhere with no QB.

They should just go out and find every athletic 6'8" former basketball player they can and bring them all in for a tryout and sign whoever they think is the best and bring them to training camp. I'm totally serious

Why would you say we should "overpay" anyone, to do anything? Saying we should sign him is one thing, but overpaying him would be to say "let's give him more than he is worth to us". Why would anyone possibly want to do that?

Overpaying is simply poor business, in football, or anything else.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I like Julius but Peyton can make any TE look good and since he will command a high price tag I would rather pass

Bills offense is not going to be wide open so so not sure its worth giving a TE 8-9 mil

Edited by Max997

Julius's stock dropped like Lumber Liquidators in the second half of 2014. The Broncos are pretty clearly going to let him walk, and I think he'll be very disappointed in the offers he gets out there. Having said that, he was a game changer in 2013 and the start of 2014 in the red zone. I don't think he's a very good fit here since he's a one dimensional pass catching TE and it's not like our other gaping problems (QB, OL) have been solved. But if his price drops? Grab him, assume it was the ankle that caused him to all but disappear in the 2nd half, and watch him grab those rebound-style passes in the end zone.

Both big name TEs come with serious question marks.

Thomas missed a lot of time before his great season in 2013 and then broke out again in 2014 before getting hurt again. He played in 5 games in 2011, missed all of 2012, missed 2 games in 2013, and 3 in 2014. So out of 64 possible regular season games he has played in 32. That's not good.

Cameron has had 3 concussions in a short time. Cameron had one good year out of 4, has a career high of 80 catches, hasn't broken 1000 yards ever.

Neither of these big name TEs are worth the money they are going to get.

Overpay for Charles Clay instead. He fits Roman's offense like a glove and we take him away from div opponent. Also they transition tagged him so they don't get comp for losing him. He will still cost less than j Thomas. We would need to pay him a boatload to sign somewhere with no QB.

I'd be more than fine with this plan. Some overpayment would be worth it to take him away from the Phins. He would be a huge addition to the offense.

Edited by BarleyNY