Who "Won" this trade?

Who got a better deal in the trade?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who got a better deal in the Kiko/McCoy trade?

• Buffalo
    • Philly
    • Both teams benefited equally

I think it's even... not on players, but net benefit. Philly unloaded a cap hit that it didn't really want to deal with anymore considering their roster and future plans, and also got a promising young LB to help their defensive aspirations. Bills got a big time play maker who is more dependable than the one who just exited (CJ).

Win/Win... which is probably why the trade was made.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much cheaper then signing Murray, also Murray is a product of his O-Line.

How are you coming up with that. Everything I've seen has him counting ~10 million per year against the salary cap, I'd be pretty surprised if Murray is getting "much" more than that, not to mention the added cost of giving up Kiko.

Edited by Captain Caveman

How are you coming up with that. Everything I've seen has him counting ~10 million per year against the salary cap, I'd be pretty surprised if Murray is getting "much" more than that, not to mention the added cost of giving up Kiko.

Well then look harder b.c it is $10, $7, $6...

There's more to it than simply who won. There are layers to this. McCoy will hold out and play like crap this year if the reports are true that he doesn't want to be here. He isn't ok with this trade. Plus he's a RB with a lot of mileage on his undersized body and we all know that RB's don't play at a very high level in this league for very long. Meanwhile, Kiko has had some injury problems but he's young and he will heal quickly.

I think if McCoy isnt a baby and actually tries this year then the Bills are better off for the 2015 season. But all signs point to McCoy not wanting to be here and holding out so I don't like this deal. Not to mention that he only has a couple of good years left in him so even if he plays at his best he will just naturally decline and Philly ends up with the better player 2-3 yrs down the line.

So Bills probably win for 2015 season assuming McCoy even wants to play. Eagles probably win beyond that

Players love Rex, so I think it will be a better situation than it was in Philly with Chip.

It difficult to say right at this time. Once free agency, and the draft is over then we can revisit this.

Kiko was a legend in Buffalo and could be a great player. Shady already is but is on the the downside of his career, and very expensive.

Everything for Buffalo will depend on how well the O line is upgraded and performs this year in run blocking. For the Eagles it all depends on if Kiko can stay healthy. One thing to make note of is the Eagles under Kelly have had the fewest injuries of any team in the NFL.

was clinging to a player who is on the verge of decline at the easiest position to replace on a football field worth passing on a potential All-Pro talent at linebacker who will be 25 for a fraction of the cost? No! Exclamation point! It’s not even close.

When Shady is looking for work in a few years and Alonso is signing a long-term extension, it will be perfectly evident how amazing this trade really is.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/lesean-mccoy-or-not-good-deal-good-deal?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Asking that is like 'grading' a draft class on draft day.

In other words, ask me in 3 years.

However, both teams filled major needs so from that perspective it seems to be a win/win.

Good points. However, the larger data set about running backs and age is also worth considering: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/123542/inside-slant-running-back-cliff-after-age-27. I do realize that every player is unique.

I have always been in favor of Shady McCoy as a player...same with Kiko. I haven't voted yet, but I'll say this - next year around this time I'll be in favor of the team that benefits most from the trade in light of what we know now versus what we'll know then. You can take that to the bank.

I have always been in favor of Shady McCoy as a player...same with Kiko. I haven't voted yet, but I'll say this - next year around this time I'll be in favor of the team that benefits most from the trade in light of what we know now versus what we'll know then. You can take that to the bank.

That's the cowboys, and the hippies, and the rebels, and the yanks!

I'll say this very clearly one time in hopes some of the slower people can understand:

Adrian Peterson does not want to play for the Buffalo Bills. He wants to play for the Dallas Cowboys.

Yes, Murray is a guy we could have signed, but before last year everyone thought Shady was a better player than him, had we signed DeMarco the same people ripping this deal would say he's only good because of the Cowboys oline and we would be competing with 31 other teams to sign him. If the money is even relatively close for a team like Indy or for us, where is he going?

Mark Ingram is another name brought up, he's hot garbage and was on his way out the league before he went all out during a contract year last year.

Kiko doesn't fit a true 3-4 defense. He's a classic 4-3 WLB. Keep in mind we brought in Spikes and Brown to move him out of the middle before he got hurt. He might play great for Philly as he fits their style much better than ours, or because of the knee he might never be the player he flashed as in his rookie year.

We added LeSean McCoy without losing anyone who played a snap on last years team. We still have plenty of cap space, so while I hear the salary concern it's a bit irrelevant at this moment. We need a top back if we are going to try to win without a real franchise QB, while we might have found someone good in the draft, we might also have ended up with a bust.

It seems some people are struggling to separate their personal feelings for Kiko and not willing to objectively understand he's not the type of player that fits the defense Rex wants to run. I get it, Kiko was my favorite Bill from 2013, but then he tore his ACL. We traded him for one of the top backs in the NFL without seeing what level he can play at after tearing his ACL. Given our team needs, it's a win for us.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

I'll say this very clearly one time in hopes some of the slower people can understand:

Adrian Peterson does not want to play for the Buffalo Bills. He wants to play for the Dallas Cowboys.

Yes, Murray is a guy we could have signed, but before last year everyone thought Shady was a better player than him, had we signed DeMarco the same people ripping this deal would say he's only good because of the Cowboys oline and we would be competing with 31 other teams to sign him. If the money is even relatively close for a team like Indy or for us, where is he going?

Mark Ingram is another name brought up, he's hot garbage and was on his way out the league before he went all out during a contract year last year.

Kiko doesn't fit a true 3-4 defense. He's a classic 4-3 WLB. Keep in mind we brought in Spikes and Brown to move him out of the middle before he got hurt. He might play great for Philly as he fits their style much better than ours, or because of the knee he might never be the player he flashed as in his rookie year.

We added LeSean McCoy without losing anyone who played a snap on last years team. We still have plenty of cap space, so while I hear the salary concern it's a bit irrelevant at this moment. We need a top back if we are going to try to win without a real franchise QB, while we might have found someone good in the draft, we might also have ended up with a bust.

It seems some people are struggling to separate their personal feelings for Kiko and not willing to objectively understand he's not the type of player that fits the defense Rex wants to run. I get it, Kiko was my favorite Bill from 2013, but then he tore his ACL. We traded him for one of the top backs in the NFL without seeing what level he can play at after tearing his ACL. Given our team needs, it's a win for us.

But the hashtag...

ill agree with greggyt that it at the very least seems FAIR. i dont think either team got beat up with this trade. which is what a trade generally should look like. in hindsight that may change but with what we know today? pretty even. both guys have a lot of upside, both have some risks.

Well then look harder b.c it is $10, $7, $6...

10, 7 and 8, roughly

I think it is Philly. Shady has averaged almost 300 carries per season for 5 years in a row. I expect that he is just about used up. Think Ray Rice and how quick he dropped off. Kiko will be back in form and he will provide a solid LB for years to come.

I haven't heard McCoy say he didn't want to be here.... I heard LaCanfora or whatever say that and other people ran with it.

he told Josina Anderson "why me?" he's pissed about it and doesn't want to be here. maybe that's something the Bills should have worked out before agreeing to the trade?

I know the world does not work this way... but assume we have the 4th or 5th best defense again (without Kiko) or maybe better.....

Having a #4 defense and a QB having another 1/2 second to throw and another 1/2 second for WR's to make breaks is huge, because you have to respect the run every play.

There is no QB on the FA market better than EJ... The draft is a crap shoot. So giving EJ more time is the best we can do this year....

Having Kiko here makes us the #1 defense...but how many more wins is that? I would argue none. The difference between 1 and 4 is nothing. A better offense is what we need. McCoy helps the offense, KIko was a luxury.... and has knee issues.

This trade is a win-win.

The Bills did period I don't get all this crazy love for Kiko it seems everyone forgets that the run D ranked 28th in 2013 and besides the DL the next player that has the responsibility in stopping the run is the MLB. He had some big plays early but he isn't a run stopper and uses his speed which maybe in question after the injury. Know if McCoy doesn't report that maybe an issue, but some people are acting like Kiko was the second coming of LT when in fact he probably isn't even as good as Shane Conlan. Plus I am pretty sure Rex along with his def coaches has watched tape of Kiko and saw that he was out of position on run plays.

Edited by Gestes72