Who "Won" this trade?

Who got a better deal in the trade?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who got a better deal in the Kiko/McCoy trade?

• Buffalo
    • Philly
    • Both teams benefited equally

I'm curious to know how Kiko is feeling right now. He now has a load of pressure on him from a very tough fanbase. If he starts out with a few lowly to average games there without really doing much the talk immediately will be "we gave up McCoy for this guy?"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Kiko and wish him well; however, I don't particularly care how the trade works out for Philly. Kiko might never regain what he showed the first half of his rookie year, he might turn into a ten year pro bowler, or something in between. It doesn't matter to me. The deal is done and I am not one to look back and say, "What if?" I only care about how well it works out for the Bills.

I like Kiko and wish him well; however, I don't particularly care how the trade works out for Philly. Kiko might never regain what he showed the first half of his rookie year, he might turn into a ten year pro bowler, or something in between. It doesn't matter to me. The deal is done and I am not one to look back and say, "What if?" I only care about how well it works out for the Bills.

Spot on. I agree 100%

No question RBs are a high risk gamble. But the Bills needed to make a major move on the offensive side of the ball.

There's isn't going to be a savior at QB; if this team is going to the playoffs, it will be with ground-and-pound and defense, just like Rex did with the Jets five years ago.

Spot on. The Bills are clearly in a WIN NOW, right NOW mode. They spent 27 million to bring in Rex Ryan & now have a new Billionaire owner/fan who is just as sick of them not making the playoffs as we are here.

Ryan, Roman, & Whaley clearly realize they have no chance at bringing in a QB that can carry this team into the playoffs; just not going to happen with who is available (even if they still had their 1st round pick). So they will be going with the ground and pound offense which Ryan utilized successfully in NY to get himself into back to back AFC title games. The only way that style of play can work is with a legitimate NFL RB that can stay healthy, The Bills did not have a RB on their roster that fit that description before the trade. In fact, they did not have a single 100 yard rusher last season.

LeSean McCoy is everything you want in a NFL RB. He can do everything and do everything well. He can score TD's (17+3; 20 Total TD in 2011). He can break off big runs. He averages 4.6 ypc over his entire career. He can catch the ball out of the backfield with 300 rec for nearly 2300 yards. He can break off 30 yard runs on plays a lesser back would be tackled for a loss.

The best part about him (and what I think was most attractive to the Bills) is the fact he has proven he can be that bell cow, featured back who only gets stronger with more carries. He has had back to back 300+ carry season in which he's gone 2926 yards / 14 TDs / 80 rec / 694 yards / 2 TDs and started 32 games out of 32 games

The Bills literally could have not gotten a better RB for their current situation then McCoy. He doesn't cost them a draft pick & was acquired via "house money" in Kiko Alonso (house money because he is coming off a torn ACL & the defense improved, drastically without him on the field)