Who "Won" this trade?

Who got a better deal in the trade?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who got a better deal in the Kiko/McCoy trade?

• Buffalo
    • Philly
    • Both teams benefited equally

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more to it than simply who won. There are layers to this. McCoy will hold out and play like crap this year if the reports are true that he doesn't want to be here. He isn't ok with this trade. Plus he's a RB with a lot of mileage on his undersized body and we all know that RB's don't play at a very high level in this league for very long. Meanwhile, Kiko has had some injury problems but he's young and he will heal quickly.

I think if McCoy isnt a baby and actually tries this year then the Bills are better off for the 2015 season. But all signs point to McCoy not wanting to be here and holding out so I don't like this deal. Not to mention that he only has a couple of good years left in him so even if he plays at his best he will just naturally decline and Philly ends up with the better player 2-3 yrs down the line.

So Bills probably win for 2015 season assuming McCoy even wants to play. Eagles probably win beyond that

Edited by kdiggz

I actually think this is a trade that worked out for both sides. It's way riskier for Philly, but Chip's betting on himself which most times isn't a bad way to approach life. Time will tell, but on paper -- all factors considered for both teams -- it's a win-win.

Lmo

PS: I know who lost because of this trade today, my work production. That's the only fact I'm certain of regarding this trade.

I don't know how the trade will work out....when I first heard about it I was pissed...but now I am actually kind of happy about it..

If I was an Eagles fan (I hate them) I would probably be pissed. I think they are making a huge mistake in letting Kelley run the whole show in Philadelphia. I am not a fan of the guy...he thinks it his system that will lead that team to a championship..who needs players?

Also, as an Eagles fan, I would wonder why they couldn't have gotten more for McCoy...make him part of a trade that would allow them to move up to get his boy, Mariota. This move seems very short-sighted, on their part, in my opinion. I hate losing Kiko, mind you, but he is far from a proven commodity, with the injuries and all.

It's a bad trade for Buffalo. Way too many miles on McCoy and too expensive a contract, Kiko is a player.

Whaley is a big problem for us. He keeps overreaching for players trying to prove that he is some big football guru.

EJ was an overreach in round 1. Could have traded down two more times and still had EJ.

Trading up for Sammy was an overreach.

Whaley wants to hit that big grand slam every year to show how smart he is. He's not that smart. CJ + Kiko is better than McCoy as he could easily have brought CJ in under McCoy's number. Heck he could probably have gotten Adrian Peterson for Kiko.

This reminds me of us getting McGehee. That was a big overreach too..

Edited by jumbalaya

At this point I say Buffalo wins big time. We had a great D last year without Kiko. Our O sucked in a big way. Spiller runs side to side and FJ has slowed down. BB fumbles too often for my taste and Dixon isn't an every down back. Huge upgrade in a position of need while giving up a solid player in a position of strength. I think as this settles in and we all get over our man crush on Kiko (self included) we'll come to realize how good a trade this is. We now have to upgrade our OL one way or another. I hope the youngsters develop under new O philosophy and we sign another OL in FA.

You cant be serious with this poll, are you? We just landed one of the top 4 backs in the league, a durable back I might add, for a player who is coming off an ACL injury? Really?

Straight up Shady for Kiko.......where do I sign. Shady all day. We now are probably an 11 win team.

I live in Philly and am an Eagles fan after by Bills. The Eagles now have -> $50M available to spend on Free Agency. You may probably see CJ down here + Suh + Cobb + maybe Jerry Hughes.

seems like the Watkins deal all over again-great player but premature (no QB) - w/o an O line this will be a fail

having said that the only hope is that the Bills feel Marone really screwed up the O line and they really aren't as bad as they appeared in 2014. If that's the case and they put together even a mediocre line then its a good deal for the Bills who want to win now

I'm torn on the trade. If Kiko can stay healthy the Eagles will have the better long term gain from this trade. Short term, it's the Bills. Kiko's knees (and hip) are the curveball here.

Bottom line is the Bills need help on offense and they just got some. Now they just need to go out and get another G, a RT and a TE.

Oh, and a QB to compete with EJ...

If we're going to pay so much for a running back, don't you think we could have just signed DeMarco Murray (or even Spiller) and kept Kiko? I hope McCoy comes in and proves me wrong, but I just don't see him as that big of an upgrade over Spiller.

Much cheaper then signing Murray, also Murray is a product of his O-Line.

The Eagles won. McCoy is a very good RB but will count 12 million dollars against the salary cap. That is way too much. If the bills wanted a RB that bad they could have offered DeMarco Murray 12 million a year. He is not going to get that on the open market. Murray plus Kiko is better than just McCoy. The trade was bad even if Murray is not an option.

slight edge to philly

2015 - kiko ($1mil) plus $9 mil to spend in free agency is alot better than shady at $10 mil cap.

2016- kiko ($1mil) plus 6 mil to spend in FA is slightly better than shady at $7mil cap.

2017- kiko (??? new contract) is about the same as shady at $8 mil cap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy/

FYI: eagles take a $3.4 mil DEAD MONEY hit from his signing bonus.

Edited by papazoid

There's more to it than simply who won. There are layers to this. McCoy will hold out and play like crap this year if the reports are true that he doesn't want to be here. He isn't ok with this trade. Plus he's a RB with a lot of mileage on his undersized body and we all know that RB's don't play at a very high level in this league for very long. Meanwhile, Kiko has had some injury problems but he's young and he will heal quickly.

I think if McCoy isnt a baby and actually tries this year then the Bills are better off for the 2015 season. But all signs point to McCoy not wanting to be here and holding out so I don't like this deal. Not to mention that he only has a couple of good years left in him so even if he plays at his best he will just naturally decline and Philly ends up with the better player 2-3 yrs down the line.

So Bills probably win for 2015 season assuming McCoy even wants to play. Eagles probably win beyond that

^^^Agree 100% ...time will tell. I don't like hearing McCoy saying he doesn't want to be here... Reminds me of how Jim Kelly didn't want to be so maybe it will work out for us.

I actually think this is a trade that worked out for both sides. It's way riskier for Philly, but Chip's betting on himself which most times isn't a bad way to approach life. Time will tell, but on paper -- all factors considered for both teams -- it's a win-win.

Lmo

PS: I know who lost because of this trade today, my work production. That's the only fact I'm certain of regarding this trade.

ha ha yes. but hey when is the last time we where doing this? 27 years ago to be exact.

slight edge to philly

2015 - kiko ($1mil) plus $9 mil to spend in free agency is alot better than shady at $10 mil cap.

2016- kiko ($1mil) plus 6 mil to spend in FA is slightly better than shady at $7mil cap.

2017- kiko (??? new contract) is about the same as shady at $8 mil cap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy/

FYI: eagles take a $3.4 mil DEAD MONEY hit from his signing bonus.

shady is a proven recent 3X probowl and 2X first team AP ALL-PRO

kiko isn't even close to that status as a LB.