Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's lurking... I speak with him from time to time....

Good to hear !!

Oh by the way folks. i have regained my mind after last night> and again this afternoon with the Cassel thing took my wind again.

But i am fine now. I noticed some folks were concerned about my perspective on the trade. lol.

Go Bills!

Good to hear !!Oh by the way folks. i have regained my mind after last night> and again this afternoon with the Cassel thing took my wind again.

But i am fine now. I noticed some folks were concerned about my perspective on the trade. lol.

Go Bills!

Just wait... free agency awaits! No business as usual here, from the looks of things!

Thanks bud! Nice to be back.... Who do you want me to drag along with me? Lol

Can you dredge up 26cornerBlitz?

I saw in another post that he is missed around these parts. I had forgotten, but now that they mention it . . ..

Yes, they are. The difference between the production of McCoy and a late round pick or a street free agent is simply not that great. It has been proven over and over and over the past 5-6 years. And when you factor in McCoy's cap hit as well, this is a horrific trade for Buffalo.

If this is true why doesn't every team have a great RB?

If this is true why doesn't every team have a great RB?

Because some teams have two. Because some teams don't value the RB position enough to invest in a "great" RB knowing a couple good ones can get the job done. Because some teams actually have great (well, let's say very good) RBs but don't have a good OL. Because some have lousy offensive schemes/coaches, etc.

Because some teams have two. Because some teams don't value the RB position enough to invest in a "great" RB knowing a couple good ones can get the job done. Because some teams actually have great (well, let's say very good) RBs but don't have a good OL. Because some have lousy offensive schemes/coaches, etc.

They don't need to invest in one. Apparently they grow on trees. You can pluck a UDFA at random and you're set.

They don't need to invest in one. Apparently they grow on trees. You can pluck a UDFA at random and you're set.

The thing is, as ridiculous as the argument is that elite RBs grow on trees, I understand the rational behind it. The position is being deflated in value on the field and financially for the players themselves. And there's been plenty of "come from nowhere" success stories of late at the position to fuel the belief that it's easy to find a guy who can carry the ball 250+ times a season and be successful. But I think even the most ardent believers in that theory would agree that there's an exception to be made for a special player.

There are many who question whether McCoy fits that bill. Maybe they're right ultimately, I can't begrudge that. I happen to think he does fit the bill, and people who have watched Shady throughout his career, beyond the highlights, would probably agree.

But still, I get where that argument stems from. We'll see soon enough I guess, but I think Bills fans are going to really enjoy watching McCoy play for their team. The guy is special.

I know some say great RBs are a dime a dozen. I may have stupidly used that exaggeration myself once or twice--and if I did, I was wrong to do so. But you can find very serviceable backs---and even very good backs, in the late rounds and even in the UFDA market, IMO. Typically these backs aren't the complete package, though. Or they have yet to learn the finer points of the position.

Spiller is the kind of back that, in the right system, would be considered a "great back". I know some disagree.

The thing is, as ridiculous as the argument is that elite RBs grow on trees, I understand the rational behind it. The position is being deflated in value on the field and financially for the players themselves. And there's been plenty of "come from nowhere" success stories of late at the position to fuel the belief that it's easy to find a guy who can carry the ball 250+ times a season and be successful. But I think even the most ardent believers in that theory would agree that there's an exception to be made for a special player.

There are many who question whether McCoy fits that bill. Maybe they're right ultimately, I can't begrudge that. I happen to think he does fit the bill, and people who have watched Shady throughout his career, beyond the highlights, would probably agree.

But still, I get where that argument stems from. We'll see soon enough I guess, but I think Bills fans are going to really enjoy watching McCoy play for their team. The guy is special.

I'm more excited by what McCoy brings to the table with the passing game I think. He's very accomplished and we'll see him used plenty on play action. Me likey.

I know some say great RBs are a dime a dozen. I may have stupidly used that exaggeration myself once or twice--and if I did, I was wrong to do so. But you can find very serviceable backs---and even very good backs, in the late rounds and even in the UFDA market, IMO. Typically these backs aren't the complete package, though. Or they have yet to learn the finer points of the position.

Spiller is the kind of back that, in the right system, would be considered a "great back". I know some disagree.

I don't doubt that Spiller, in the right situation, could be a great back. But in my mind, he will always carry a large liability, which is his complete failure as a pass blocker.

I think we're in agreement. I do think you've got a better chance of finding a good RB late in the draft than most other positions, but this business of great RBs being a dime a dozen is just an absurd overstatement.

Guys like AP, Lynch, McCoy, and Bell make their teams substantially better and most teams don't have a guy like that. Sure you get the occasional Arian Foster or FJ, but those guys are still the exception rather than the rule.