Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiko wanted out :(

@JasonLaCanfora: Can confirm ESPN report Eagles have traded Shady McCoy for Kiko Alonso. One for one trade I'm told. Alonso had wanted out of Buffalo. Wow

Likely because there was no clear role for him in the D with the LB's playing well last year. Btw, everyone remember a few yrs ago we had no LB now we have so many we can trade a DROY for a top 3 RB

CJ is up next on NFLN and they said "Former Buffalo Bill" CJ Spiller

And Wilcots said "we dont know that yet."

And CJ chuckled and said "Aw, we pretty much know dat"

--

My question is: How the hell did they get CJ IN STUDIO so quickly? What, does he live 2 blocks from the NFLN headquarters?

hmmmmmmm

Edited by maddenboy

Likely because there was no clear role for him in the D with the LB's playing well last year. Btw, everyone remember a few yrs ago we had no LB now we have so many we can trade a DROY for a top 3 RB

Did we ever find out if we screwed him with the injury designation being away from the team?

except that they are not. ACL's need a full year to recover. some scope procedures have the players back in a couple weeks.

Not a full year anymore. Christ, scott chandler was fully healthy 7+ months after tearing his. By all accounts, alonso's tear was clean. I'd be much more concerned about cartilage damage than an acl these days.

And Wilcots said "we dont know that yet."

And CJ chuckled and said "Aw, we pretty much know dat"

--

My question is: How the hell did they get CJ IN STUDIO so quickly? What, does he live 2 blocks from the NFLN headquarters?

hmmmmmmm

He was there before it was announced coincidentally

Yeah, it was tough for me to get my head around but after thinking about it, it really does make sense.

People think Kiko is going to bounce back from back to back knee surgeries and be the same player he was at his very best last year. Look at Brian Cushing, not the same player.

Pretty ballsy for the Eagles to trade for a guy with one NFL season on his resume.

Dont think this will be the last thing to shock us.

Holy.... I just realized we have Sammy Watkins AND Lesean McCoy.

And maybe the same D as last year, or better.

And no QB to throw Sammy the ball and no spread offense to make huge gaping holes for McCoy. But hey they will look good on paper and sell some jerseys

the word is he was going to be in a rotation with Brown and Bradham at OLB and Rex is going to pursue David Harris for ILB.

The Bills continue to think the solution to all their problems is to invest heavily in the RB position. I had thought that that was a "Ralph Wilson" thing, but it turns out it's really a "Buffalo Bills" thing. Not enthused by this at all.

Not a heavy investment at all. Backers can be had all over. Great playmakers are important, especially with EJ at qb.

We're not going to the playoffs without a good running game and our qb situation. It's worth trying if u think u can do it this way.

Shady is certainly not a power back. RB's like him drop off the planet verrrryyyy fast once they lose a step. With 6 years already on him, we probably just traded 2-3 years of McCoy for a career out of Kiko. Will be really interesting to see where this ends up 3 years down the line.

Of course, it's always amusing to see how fast our fanbase can turn on one of it's idolized players.

Yes but as noted previously, the Bills are scheming to win NOW...not down the road and they are not thinking long term.

I think they want to strike while this D stays together. We have a window of a few years.

You need to watch Luke Kuechley. He is the best young linebacker in the league

Kiko had an outstanding rookie season, playing every defensive snap, finishing runner up in droy ... Theres no taking that away from him. He looked the part from day 1, and in a Rex style offense

This would be a good deal if it was fantasy football. But this is real life and Kiko is a better football player at this point than McCoy. This is his 7th year and he's in decline. Not to mention the guy is 200 pounds soaking wet. How is he a ground and pound back? This makes no sense. I'm having flash backs of Spiller up the middle for 1 yard over ans over. I'd be curious to know if this is Whaley just going after a big name or if Roman had any input on this. I would feel better if Roman said this was all part of his plan otherwise I'm going to assume Whaley got taken trading our best young player for an undersized back that is declining

Disagree that he's on the decline. The system betrayed Shady more than his talent. He was misused in Chip Kelly's system, that's why his numbers dropped. Shady hasn't lost a step, he's entering what are traditionally the prime years for a RB in the NFL. Though, as has been pointed out, he does have a lot of miles. If you don't think Shady can run up the middle, I suggest you research how he got the name Shady in the first place. The guy ghosts people in the hole in a way no other RB in this league does. Size doesn't matter.

I don't have any information to prove this, but there's very little chance Roman didn't sign off on this. This has his fingerprints (as well as Doug and Rex's) all over it.

Holy.... I just realized we have Sammy Watkins AND Lesean McCoy.

And maybe the same D as last year, or better.

DING! DING! DING! Now you're getting it. Plus, this year we will (hopefully) have a coaching staff who aren't afraid to use their playmakers by GETTING THEM THE DAMN BALL! :beer:

Finally someone who is seeing clearly!

:beer:

You need to watch Luke Kuechley. He is the best young linebacker in the league

And no QB to throw Sammy the ball and no spread offense to make huge gaping holes for McCoy. But hey they will look good on paper and sell some jerseys

Unless roman runs a dynamic offense predicated on misdirection and hard to account for packages.