Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So McCoy has proven that he's a top tier running back over multiple years. And he's still only 26 with no injury issues.

And Alonso has played one season and was "good," prior to tearing his ACL.

Yes. The Bills won the trade.

I really like Kiko but Gugny is absolutely right. I think most personnel guys will privately say Kelly's hubris got the better of him on this one.

In the years ahead, we may see that Shady's best years were already behind him while Kiko might develop into a perennial pro bowler.

But right now I see that we traded a promising LB coming off an injury for a superstar RB.

Another thought is that we didn't miss Kiko last year and - without a franchise QB - we truly need to run the ball this year. Just looking at 2015, who do you think will add more to our win column? Kiko or McCoy? I say it's McCoy.

Until this team finds a qb, I'm not even quite sure if any of this is worth arguing about...

Maybe. But shouldn't this team be building itself into a contender while they search for that QB? One doesn't have to happen before the other, there is the ability to multitask while rebuilding an NFL roster.

I like it but hate to lose Alonso. Philly fans hate the trade. In 2013 Shady led the league but had a falling out with Kelly . We got one of the best backs in the league but the jury will be out on this one. A lot of descent in Philly.

Chip Kelly is doing a Josh McDaniels as he's getting rid of all the good talent in Philly that is not getting along with him.

Never understood why fans care about players contracts or salary cap. Teams know what they're doing.

Seriously. People start bitching about numbers, I'm like, are you a sports fan or an accounting fan?

ummm, when? Last year?

Just stop. You know better and so do I.

I could start the argument that this year could possibly be amazing with Alonso Brown Bradham playing. Brown really surprised as he was expected to be limited as a thumper type and an in between the hashes type of MLB. But he surprised and developed very quickly. Very smart kid too!!

To harsh on Kiko is only a responsible stance if you know his knees are shot. and they might.

But for an overpriced RB who cant pound the Roman rock when the Draft is flush with players who can start.?

c' mon brother.

Dave, this trade is a thing of beauty!!! Spiller is out the door. And, there is no freaking doubt in my mind now that they will go after more blockers in the draft and/or free agency. And let's face facts.....Kiko, while good, is light in the ass and coming off a serious injury.

I LOVE this trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill:

Kiko is a really good player! And I'm really opposed to going after mid-late career rbs. As for Thurman, he turned 27 going into the 1993 season. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThomTh00.htm

His last really good season was 1992. His ypc in1993 went off the cliff, and his yards per reception went down too. He was not the same guy after 1992, and his career trajectory up until 1992 looks a lot like McCoy's. Bth were second round picks too, coincidentally.

Edited by dave mcbride

Bill:

Kiko is a really good player! And I'm really opposed to going after mid-late career rbs. As for Thurman, he turned 27 going into the 1993 season. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThomTh00.htm

His last really good season was 1992. His ypc in1993 went off the cliff.

Different era, different game. Shady is in the prime years (26-29) for an NFL RB. He's shown no signs of physically slowing down, if anything he was on an uptick until Kelly changed schemes.

It's crazy but did we miss Alonso at all last year? I love the dude but after his first 5 games, he wasn't that great.

What a crazy deal. I think McCoy is better at his position than Alsono is at his. Plus the major injury. Man, this is a crazy trade.

Whaley has some big ones. Wow!

I am extremely excited by this trade. Kiko was great as a rookie, but as has been said, did the Bills' D really miss him last year? McCoy is still VERY good and the Bills want to/need to run the ball a lot. Fill out the OL a bit more and build a dominant run game. That will help whomever wins the QB job have an easier time getting the ball to Watkins and Woods.