Stevie Johnson may be released from the 49ers (now released)

YoloinOhio

This is a very cool analysis: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/without-drew-brees-jimmy-graham-is-a-good-but-not-great-receiver/ .

Evening out QB play to average level across the league, 538 says that from 2011-2013, Stevie was the 12th best receiver in the NFL.

But not good enough for the Bills. :rolleyes:

It's not even that we really need him. I mean we do need a third WR and/or a TE but it doesn't have to be him.

It's just the people who think he sucks, and they don't want him on the team because we would somehow be worse with him that get to me.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any analysis that says Gronk is the 38th best is just mental masterbation, IMO...

fair point. That said, his qb is really good, and if factor in productivity, it's worth noting that Gronk missed a large part of the 2013 season. Also, 38th best sounds about right in terms of yardage/catches given that Gronk is a TE. WRs pretty much always lead in those categories, and Gronk is a TE. The metric isn't that he's 38th best, but that he'd finish in the 30s in yardage/receptions if he played with an average qb because he's a TE.

Edited by dave mcbride

Makes me feel better that the anti-Stevie crowd is full of posters with crappy spelling/grammar.

You guys are right though. He's the only receiver that drops passes, he's lazy and his attitude is what spawned ISIS.

The metric isn't that he's 38th best, but that he'd finish in the 30s in yardage/receptions if he played with an average qb because he's a TE.

And yet your post above called Stevie the 12th best receiver...go figure.

Edited by Lurker

Well it appears I have. Apologies to Lee. That got me thinking, what other bills wr's put up three 1,000 yard seasons in a row like SJ13. Turns out none of the top ones I thought of.... Evans, price, moulds, reed, lofton, butler ...ever had even two in a row

yes none of us knew this, thanks for telling us this new information....it is also why SJ had an inordinate amount of fans, simply because he would get 1006 yards in a season and pos moulds could only get a measly 996 between his 1000 yard seasons.

Makes me feel better that the anti-Stevie crowd is full of posters with crappy spelling/grammar.

You guys are right though. He's the only receiver that drops passes, he's lazy and his attitude is what spawned ISIS.

makes me feel better that sj supporters make zero sense whatsoever, also seeing that this one uses grammar and typos as a reason to criticize people...note to poster- people havent been doing that since 2012 when it was agreed upon that spelling and syntax werent necessary in a recreational blog and are considered a weak take.

yes none of us knew this, thanks for telling us this new information....it is also why SJ had an inordinate amount of fans, simply because he would get 1006 yards in a season and pos moulds could only get a measly 996 between his 1000 yard seasons.

makes me feel better that sj supporters make zero sense whatsoever, also seeing that this one uses grammar and typos as a reason to criticize people...note to poster- people havent been doing that since 2012 when it was agreed upon that spelling and syntax werent necessary in a recreational blog and are considered a weak take.

Crusade on. Go back to running watkins out of town. Enlightened one, can't listen to anything you say regarding wideouts.

Sorry stevie stiffed you on that autograph. One day you will get over it.

Sj all day baby. Look forward to watching him with his new team.

Stevie Johnson played in 48 straight games before 2013 so if he was injured he played injured but haters gonna hate

I don't care. I remember numerous times when he couldn't get off the line of scrimmage or half-assed a route that led to an incompletion or turnover. Its one thing to play hurt to try to help the team and another to play hurt because you're not professional enough to be prepared for a 16 game season. Johnson is the perfect poster boy for why this team has sucked for so long.

49ers released WR Stevie Johnson.

Johnson refused to accept a pay cut, ending his stint in San Francisco after one season. The fast-downward-trending 49ers gave up a fourth-round pick for him last offseason. Per NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini, Johnson is expected to sign with a new team "quickly." We'd guess Chan Gailey's Jets would be interested had they not recently traded for Brandon Marshall.

49ers released WR Stevie Johnson.

Johnson refused to accept a pay cut, ending his stint in San Francisco after one season. The fast-downward-trending 49ers gave up a fourth-round pick for him last offseason. Per NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini, Johnson is expected to sign with a new team "quickly." We'd guess Chan Gailey's Jets would be interested had they not recently traded for Brandon Marshall.

why so serious?

Wow Stevie doesn't even want to be a niner.

Why should he want to? They still have Anquan Boldin and look like going to get adding Torrey Smith which leaves Stevie competing for the 3rd WR job with Jerome Simpson for the 3rd WR. He might be able to sign elsewhere and be a #2.