RUMOR: EJ Manuel Likely To Be Cut

negativo

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massare's tweet confirmed that Bills have him their best and final offer. He chose Browns.

Sure, but he made this prediction after everyone knew the Bills were meeting with McCown. I believe he did the same after the Bills were meeting with Rex Ryan (at that point everyone assumed it was just out of respect). Unless I am wrong and he told everyone before that initial meeting.

I'll maybe start believing if I hear the Bills are in contract talks with Locker. Maybe.

Edited by What a Tuel

Sure, but he made this prediction after everyone knew the Bills were meeting with McCown. I believe he did the same after the Bills were meeting with Rex Ryan (at that point everyone assumed it was just out of respect). Unless I am wrong and he told everyone before that initial meeting.

I'll maybe start believing if I hear the Bills are in contract talks with Locker. Maybe.

That's not why I posted that. It was to refute that Leroi was wrong about Bills interest in McCown. Bills were in fact going hard after McCown, and Massare's tweet confirmed the rumor.

If anything, Leroi's post made it sound like it was near certainty that Bills would sign him, but I don't know if his source knew of Cleveland's interest.

It certainly doesn't make financial sense, but if the coaching staff feels that there is little chance of EJ winning the starting job in camp, then there is little reason to keep him (and based on last year's camp, EJ doesn't have a chance in hell).

History suggests that the reason to keep him is that sometimes QB get injured - Kolb loses his fight with a bath mat, Bradford falls down and tears his ACL etc. So unless they have, not only a better starter but a better #2 and #3, there's really no reason NOT to keep EJ around.

Didn't we play this once before with the Fitz cut and the early TJax release? No reason to keep them around when they weren't going to start, until....

Seems unlikely. But it's been reported the Bills talked to every QB at the combine with the exception of Marriota and Winston.

They appear to be looking for someone, anyone, other than EJ

I don't see how you get there, either. Whaley Rex and Roman have been aligned all along in saying they would bring in at least 2 QB, preferably one a vet.

Frankly, having a vet backup and drafting (or keeping around) a promising rookie is SOP for every well run team.

Doesn't mean they think EJ is the likely starter, but doesn't mean they are looking for "anyone other than EJ" either, unless they do cut him.

I don't see how you get there, either. Whaley Rex and Roman have been aligned all along in saying they would bring in at least 2 QB, preferably one a vet.

Frankly, having a vet backup and drafting (or keeping around) a promising rookie is SOP for every well run team.

Doesn't mean they think EJ is the likely starter, but doesn't mean they are looking for "anyone other than EJ" either, unless they do cut him.

Yeah I am not sure how they got there either. If this were the case the Patriots were looking for anyone, other than Tom Brady when they were looking at QB's in last years draft and drafted Garoppolo in the 2nd round. Or the Giants with Nassib. Or the Steelers with Jones. Or the Broncos with Osweiler. Or the Redskins with Cousins (right after they gave away their future)

Good teams draft QBs all the time.

Edited by What a Tuel

E. J. To the Browns for McCown...

Ahead of the curve sir!

but i say we give him a year of sucking over there in Cleveland , and he is another year older. Maybe retired even.

Then offer him 5 mill to come out of retirement and start for us.

just like we did with Orton.

and that was fun for a little while..

Manuel has to get his act together this year. Please oh please.

If I was McCown:

* I'd want to start

* I'd want to win

* I'd want to get paid.

In Cleveland, he's pretty much guaranteed the first point and the Browns probably beat us on the last point.

I am sure the last point is correct> i am really looking forward to seeing what cash it took to "sway" him.

I'm not reading through 16 pages of comments. I'm just going to say that this isn't a rumor ... the OP clearly stated it was his opinion. The thread title should be changed. Then the thread should be locked.

I'm not reading through 16 pages of comments. I'm just going to say that this isn't a rumor ... the OP clearly stated it was his opinion. The thread title should be changed. Then the thread should be locked.

Gugny,

Where did the OP clearly state it was his opinion? Here's the post:

--------------------------------------------------------------

We are desperate to find an alternative to EJ.

We feel McCown is an upgrade to Orton.

Roman and him are good friends. Look for this to be completed tomorrow AM, also look for EJ to be cut two days after FA opens.

Imo

Sorry but I don't see a single "in my opinion" there. If you mean "lmo" the guy's screen name is Leroi, or leroi, and he signs every post "lmo" (lowercase "L" "M" "O")

If I"m stating my opinion, I typically don't use 'we' unless I got a mouse in my pocket.

But hey, don't let me rain on your righteousness parade.

Edited by Hopeful

Agreed. At least change the title to " EJ Manuel might be cut" or something. Likely feels as if it is a foregone conclusion.

Gugny,

Roman and him are good friends. Look for this to be completed tomorrow AM, also look for EJ to be cut two days after FA opens.

Imo

Sorry but I don't see a single "in my opinion" there. If you mean "lmo" the guy's screen name is Leroi, or leroi, and he signs every post "lmo" (lowercase "L" "M" "O")

If I"m stating my opinion, I typically don't use 'we' unless I got a mouse in my pocket.

Copy and paste the IMO into word or even the shout box. It is an i

Agreed. At least change the title to " EJ Manuel might be cut" or something. Likely feels as if it is a foregone conclusion.

Copy and paste the IMO into word or even the shout box. It is an i

Well copying didn't reveal anything. Changing the font and by jings you and Gugny are correct, it is "imo". Sorry I can't agree with him on the "clearly" bit, though. If one has to play word processor games to find an IMO, it isn't very clear....and the point about the use of "we" and "our" in this person's posts remains, most people stating a personal opinion do not use plural pronouns.

Gugny,

Imo

But hey, don't let me rain on your righteousness parade.

Imo stands for "In My Opinion." Oh, righteous one.

History suggests that the reason to keep him is that sometimes QB get injured - Kolb loses his fight with a bath mat, Bradford falls down and tears his ACL etc. So unless they have, not only a better starter but a better #2 and #3, there's really no reason NOT to keep EJ around.

Didn't we play this once before with the Fitz cut and the early TJax release? No reason to keep them around when they weren't going to start, until....

You're missing the point I was making. I'm certainly not advocating that we keep 1 QB on the roster. You bring in 3 QBs that have a legitimate shot at winning the starting job. The 2 that don't win are your backups. You don't audition for backups when you don't have a starter in place. If the coaches feel that EJ has no chance of winning the starting job, or he doesn't fit into their system, there would be a case for moving him. It wouldn't make financial sense of course.