RUMOR: EJ Manuel Likely To Be Cut

negativo

He has built up and cultivates an aura of having such information. Indeed if you leave out the 'IMO' at the end of the OP, it reads as if he does have his ears to the decision room .

With that kind of defense, Leroi is in a no-lose situation. If it does come true, he enhances his reputation. If not, there is always the 'last minute' change angle.

I will just disagree with you and leave it at that.

Woah, I can give you Leroi's address if you want it. God forbid the guy not bat 1.000. He must pay!

Actually, let's just drive him off and talk about nothing.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leroi has no info on what the Browns were doing. It was expected a done deal until the Browns opened their checkbook.

How do you know it was just a checkbook issue?

If I'm a vet QB who wants my chance to start, I would rather compete with a kid in rehab who has shown the work ethic of a high school flunkout than with a kid who has by all reports a strong work ethic and has shown some flashes on the field his rookie year.

Woah, I can give you Leroi's address if you want it. God forbid the guy not bat 1.000. He must pay!

Actually, let's just drive him off and talk about nothing.

Well said.

Sadly, this board (at least some posters) have driven off others in the past.

Well leaving out IMO is a huge mistake. Like this thread.

It wasn't an inside tip. No one ever said it was an inside tip.

I'm kinda with the Big Cat on this one. The first Leroi "insider" posts about Rex and Roman def. claimed insider status - the later-deleted "text from Whaley", the posts about the unbelievable stuff he's hearing. So that got folks on the board all excited Leroi was an insider doling the straight gouge, regardless of the little "IMO" several lines down. And he still writes as if he has inside gouge "EJ is not in our plans, expect to see him cut 2 days into free agency".

I respect insiders, but a guy can't have it 2 ways. Either he's providing an inside tip, in which case he's exempt from having to defend his opinions he can just say "this is what I've heard from a good source" and watch everyone tug their forelock and curtsy. Or a guy is "just a guy" and stating his opinions on an equal basis with the rest of us schmoos and he can cowboy up and defend them like the rest of us.

But ya don't get to bask in the interest and reflected glory of the insider thing and then duck down behind the "IMO" on every post if it doesn't work out that way. Have, eat it, cake.

Me, I think all the bashing is dumb and looks bad on the bashers, but I'm really hoping in this case it's all just opinion because for reasons stated elsewhere I think cutting EJ 2 days into FA would be dumb, even if we sign 2 FA QB on the first day of FA and trade for someone a week later, especially since a number of the more desirable targets have histories of multiple injuries.

Let's nurture them all through the Battle of the Bath Mat and the Kitchen Cabinet Wars (isn't that how Peters allegedly re-injured himself?) first.

Edited by Hopeful

I usually don't (like when people) slam those with inside sources, but the report of EJ getting cut 2 days into FA sounded stupid, unless some scandal was going to be exposed. But even then, why wait to cut him? And the "expect this to get done" made it sound like the Bills were all-in on McCown, yet he signed elsewhere.

Well leaving out IMO is a huge mistake. Like this thread.

It's a mistake because of all the other great threads that have been going on in the last couple of weeks?? Seriously, until these threads started, I think this has been one of the more fallow periods of posting in the history of TBD. That's partly a function of a bunch of good posters not being around (i.e., Badol. Bill from nyc), but the topics have been weak. Threads like these are good because they typically spin off into related tangential conversations that can be really interesting/enlightening. Hopeful brought up some good points in these debates about second-chance qbs, and I had fun debating him.

But if you want to go back to the "Rex got a new truck" thread or some thread about an aging player getting cut who will never play for the Bills or a thread making fun of Kyle Orton or a thread about trading for Drew Brees, be my guest!

Keep 'em comin', Leroi.

Edited by dave mcbride

And to think, this could all be cleared up with a simple post from Leroi. I don't care much about whether they "really" wanted McCown; I'd just like an explanation for the "cut EJ 2 days into FA" prediction.

The longer Leroi remains silent, the more his information is (rightfully) called into question.

And to think, this could all be cleared up with a simple post from Leroi. I don't care much about whether they "really" wanted McCown; I'd just like an explanation for the "cut EJ 2 days into FA" prediction.

The longer Leroi remains silent, the more his information is (rightfully) called into question.

He posted in the Mccown thread after mccown became a brown.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/176133-josh-mccown-anybody-update-is-a-brownend-of-story/?p=3473229

It's a mistake because of all the other great threads that have been going on in the last couple of weeks?? Seriously, until these threads started, I think this has been one of the more fallow periods of posting in the history of TBD. That's partly a function of a bunch of good posters not being around (i.e., Badol. Bill from nyc), but the topics have been weak. Threads like these are good because they typically spin off into related tangential conversations that can be really interesting/enlightening. Hopeful brought up some good points in these debates about second-chance qbs, and I had fun debating him.

But if you want to go back to the "Rex got a new truck" thread or some thread about an aging player getting cut who will never play for the Bills or a thread making fun of Kyle Orton, be my guest!

Keep 'em comin', Leroi.

What do you expect in February?