RUMOR: EJ Manuel Likely To Be Cut

negativo

It isn't the 2nd day of FA yet is it?

Like I said, talk of releasing EJ is stupid and I'll put good money on it not happening. Unless he's facing a suspension.

Edited by Doc

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, talk of releasing EJ is stupid and I'll put good money on it not happening. Unless he's facing a suspension.

the thought of squeaky EJ getting suspended for anything (weed, PEDs, etc) made me literally laugh out loud. But it's true, it is financially ridiculous to cut him for any other reason than they think he is an actual detriment to the team by merely being present. Edited by YoloinOhio

i think he meant he didn't follow up on whether it was his opinion only or if he was sharing real info.

Oh, good point, you're likely right. Well, I wouldn't expect him to, but that's just me.

the thought of squeaky EJ getting suspended for anything (weed, PEDs, etc) made me literally laugh out loud. But it's true, it is financially ridiculous to cut him for any other reason than they think he is an actual detriment to the team by merely being present.

Watch out for the quiet ones LOL!

i think he meant he didn't follow up on whether it was his opinion only or if he was sharing real info.

Correct.

Oh, good point, you're likely right. Well, I wouldn't expect him to, but that's just me.

You're probably right. Not landing McCown has given Leroi an out, regardless, because he can always come back on March 12 with "EJ was only going to be cut if they got McCown" and nobody can disprove that assertion.

It's a mistake because of all the other great threads that have been going on in the last couple of weeks?? Seriously, until these threads started, I think this has been one of the more fallow periods of posting in the history of TBD. That's partly a function of a bunch of good posters not being around (i.e., Badol. Bill from nyc), but the topics have been weak. Threads like these are good because they typically spin off into related tangential conversations that can be really interesting/enlightening. Hopeful brought up some good points in these debates about second-chance qbs, and I had fun debating him.

But if you want to go back to the "Rex got a new truck" thread or some thread about an aging player getting cut who will never play for the Bills or a thread making fun of Kyle Orton or a thread about trading for Drew Brees, be my guest!

Keep 'em comin', Leroi.

Leroi didn't start this thread.

Your same conversations could have happened without this thread.

Dude. I've said this before, I'll say it again. If you don't like this thread, and you feel good conversations could happen without it, WHY DON'T YOU START SOME OF THOSE GOOD CONVERSATIONAL THREADS? I really do have a gritch against people who go on about their dislike of some thread or its stupidity (while dragging it on by posting in it). Kwitcherbelliachin and go start some of those good threads, eh? Or just don't read and contribute to threads that you dislike or think of as stupid

http://<iframe width='640' height='360' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' src='https://movies.yahoo.com/video/public-announcement-internet-etiquette-184435132.html?format=embed' allowfullscreen='true' mozallowfullscreen='true' webkitallowfullscreen='true' allowtransparency='true'></iframe>

Dude. I've said this before, I'll say it again. If you don't like this thread, and you feel good conversations could happen without it, WHY DON'T YOU START SOME OF THOSE GOOD CONVERSATIONAL THREADS? I really do have a gritch against people who go on about their dislike of some thread or its stupidity (while dragging it on by posting in it). Kwitcherbelliachin and go start some of those good threads, eh? Or just don't read and contribute to threads that you dislike or think of as stupid

I agree usually.

It reminds me of this:

https://movies.yahoo.com/video/public-announcement-internet-etiquette-184435132.html

My gripe is this is a thread saying the starting QB is going to get cut is not 1.) A rumor 2.) a result of inside information. I'll move on now.

Edited by newcombo

the thought of squeaky EJ getting suspended for anything (weed, PEDs, etc) made me literally laugh out loud. But it's true, it is financially ridiculous to cut him for any other reason than they think he is an actual detriment to the team by merely being present.

I know, it's hard to imagine EJ doing anything like that, but hey, stranger things have happened and it's the only way I can see them possibly releasing him. Outside of that, it would be the height of stupidity since, at the worst, he'd be as good a backup as these other clowns, would cost about a third of what they do, and his cap hit would be much larger than just keeping him.

Jairus Wynn is our starting DE.

Has he started the season there for the past 2 years? No. He's a FA anyway.

Is it really an issue that someone referred to EJ as our starting QB. He's our only QB. I think most people understood what the poster meant.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I appreciate Leroi's insights and posts even if some of them don't eventually prove to be true. He's very likely got a good source, as does Niagara Dude. But things change quickly behind the scenes. The Bills might have thought they had McCown at, say, 4m. But then the Browns upped their offer. The info at the time could have been correct, as in "look for it to happen." Even in retrospect that really isn't a lie, or even wrong. It was a prediction based on reliable info.

I very much question, however, the EJ cut two days into FA.

UNLESS there is a big trade, and we get Bradford or Cutler or someone who is the unquestioned starter and then we sign a guy like Matt Moore or Hoyer to be the back-up, and then draft a project. That's the only way I see it happening.

That could have been the information Leroi received. The Bills think they can pull off a trade, and they think they can sign a vet back-up early in free agency. That would also play into Leroi's "big splash" post.

Just cutting EJ with any two of the UFA QBs makes no sense to me.

I announced on the Thursday night before Rex was hired and posted many times on the shout portion that Rex was going to be the Bills next head coach.Everyone blasted me and said he was going to Atlanta and Buffalo had no chance, my source was bang on and told me to bank on it.I came out here again on the Friday and stuck with my story and people continued to blast me until the Saturday night when it was reported that Rex was at Terry's house watching the game together.

Just a thought based on something I heard about Sanchez today. Apparently he was not a happy camper when he wasn't starting and it looks as though he wants to go to a team where there Is no question about whether or not he's the starting QB. This is just conjecture, but it would make sense that if the Bills wanted Sanchez he might not be all that interested in Buffalo if Manuel was still here. That would fit with the rumor about Manuel being on his way out. Again, not saying that it is happening, but if it Sanchez comes in and Manuel exits then I'd certainly point to this having been the situation.

I announced on the Thursday night before Rex was hired and posted many times on the shout portion that Rex was going to be the Bills next head coach.Everyone blasted me and said he was going to Atlanta and Buffalo had no chance, my source was bang on and told me to bank on it.I came out here again on the Friday and stuck with my story and people continued to blast me until the Saturday night when it was reported that Rex was at Terry's house watching the game together.

Not sure why you're defending yourself? Kelly gave you props. Do you know anything about this "EJ will be cut" idea Leroi posted?

Just a thought based on something I heard about Sanchez today. Apparently he was not a happy camper when he wasn't starting and it looks as though he wants to go to a team where there Is no question about whether or not he's the starting QB. This is just conjecture, but it would make sense that if the Bills wanted Sanchez he might not be all that interested in Buffalo if Manuel was still here. That would fit with the rumor about Manuel being on his way out. Again, not saying that it is happening, but if it Sanchez comes in and Manuel exits then I'd certainly point to this having been the situation.

Why would Sanchez have the notion he can dictate anything? And even if he is that delusional, why do we think Whaley would buy in?

Not sure why you're defending yourself? Kelly gave you props. Do you know anything about this "EJ will be cut" idea Leroi posted?

Why would Sanchez have the notion he can dictate anything? And even if he is that delusional, why do we think Whaley would buy in?

Have not heard a peep and it makes no sense to cut a first round pick who has not been given a full opportunity, I could see it if new GM was hired on and Manuel was not his pick but this is Whaley's guy and does not look good on him if he fails.

They wouldn't have, because I never would have engaged. My failing, perhaps, but it's true. I don't engage in threads I don't find interesting, and I generally don't start threads to simply start arguments (which occur naturally within threads).

Edited by dave mcbride

That's a very Bills-centric way to view things. Sanchez is going to have multiple suitors and if his position is that teams where he has a clear path to be the starter are first in line, then that's the situation all have to consider if they are going to pursue him. That is conjecture, but this isn't: I have heard that the new regime isn't thrilled with their current QB roster (and that shouldn't be a shock to anyone). Dumping a QB they don't like to smooth the way to get one of the better FA options isn't much of a stretch - if that is what is going on. Incidentally, I don't have an agenda here. I'm just trying to piece together a logical situation based on what I and others have heard.