Salary Cap Thread

eball

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, thanks. That dumb link confused the hell out of me, I thought we were in better shape

I'm tellin' ya, guys, stick with spotrac.com for your cap info. That site seems to be consistently accurate.

Colts are in 6th and can tell a FA about playing for a Super Bowl Jacksonville has money but is rebuilding. Bills can get some good mid range FA to fill out the roster. Offensive line and LBs will see new talent. Bills are on the verge of making the playoffs.

Spotrac has updated their cap page with McCoy's hit...using the "top 51" number (which is the only relevant number) the Bills are still $22M under the cap. Don't believe these NFLPA numbers you're seeing quoted in articles and on Twitter -- they are total figures and not the top 51 salaries.

The figure includes CJ's dead money.

There's still a lot to play with, fellas...they aren't done.

Spotrac has updated their cap page with McCoy's hit...using the "top 51" number (which is the only relevant number) the Bills are still $22M under the cap. Don't believe these NFLPA numbers you're seeing quoted in articles and on Twitter -- they are total figures and not the top 51 salaries.

Let's see...

$8-9m for Hughes

A couple mid level $4-5m guys

A couple depth guys at $1-2m

Leaves us $0 - 4m left for rolling over into next year?

Quarterback? I don't know how much a Locker, Hoyer, Sanchez or Moore would want?

I'm assuming a QB would be one of the $4-5m guys, no? Unless we clear space, I doubt we can re-sign Hughes, and pick up Sanchez (assuming he's the highest paid of the group)

I'm assuming a QB would be one of the $4-5m guys, no? Unless we clear space, I doubt we can re-sign Hughes, and pick up Sanchez (assuming he's the highest paid of the group)

Yea that was more my point... whoever is the top of the FA group be that Sanchez or Locker might be $5million plus..... maybe they have decided Matt Moore is their guy? I think he'd be a bit cheaper.

That also doesn't include cutting anyone, which will happen.

Let's see...

$8-9m for Hughes

A couple mid level $4-5m guys

A couple depth guys at $1-2m

Leaves us $0 - 4m left for rolling over into next year?

and to be honest, even if hughes takes home 10m this year, they can get his cap number MUCH lower if they want. Remember, signing bonuses only count at 20% of their value the year paid.

That also doesn't include cutting anyone, which will happen.

and to be honest, even if hughes takes home 10m this year, they can get his cap number MUCH lower if they want. Remember, signing bonuses only count at 20% of their value the year paid.

Very good points :thumbsup: