Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

When I point out why mccown decided to sign with Cleveland and you point out why EJ is not the answer then yes, you can be called a hater. I never said he is the end all be all or next Jim Kelly. I said Cleveland has no clear starter with hoyer on the out and manziel a mess.

Who does that leave at qb that mccown needs to fight for a starting job with?

The other free agent they sign or QB they draft and/or Manziel. I highly doubt they said to him in negotiations, "you're the starter dude, don't worry about a thing. Eat whatever you want this offseason and the job will be waiting for you come September." If Andrew Luck looks amiss in preseason he will still be the starter in week 1. If McCown gets outplayed by whatever other bodies are in camp this summer, he will not be the starter. That being said, I can't believe the contract he got. I am thrilled the Bills did not sign him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see all the reports about him wanting to start but I think Manuel gets another shot and they are looking for a mentor. Hoyer will be a avialble

We'll go get a couple guys. Rams just lost another spot for Bradford. This is good for the bills. they are being prudent, not chasing mccown, he is not the answer. his career is pretty much over

If some of the inside sources are correct about the Bills front office checking the forums and social media then I hope they see these reactions and realize how happy we are that we didn't get this bum. We really dodged a bullet there. We deserve a real QB. Make it happen

HAHAHAHA! Excellent analogy!

You know that feeling when you've been making out with a chick at a college party but for some reason you don't take her home...and then the next day you find out some other dude at the party took her home and now he has crabs?

The other free agent they sign or QB they draft and/or Manziel. I highly doubt they said to him in negotiations, "you're the starter dude, don't worry about a thing. Eat whatever you want this offseason and the job will be waiting for you come September." If Andrew Luck looks amiss in preseason he will still be the starter in week 1. If McCown gets outplayed by whatever other bodies are in camp this summer, he will not be the starter. That being said, I can't believe the contract he got. I am thrilled the Bills did not sign him.

I get your point. It probably just looked like a better situation from where both teams stand right now for him. Not based on who they are bring in during the draft/FA to compete at QB.

I agree with you on the contract for sure.

Has anyone figured out why it has been reported that mccown was the best FA QB of the group? I know it's like trying to name the valedictorian of summer school, but what exactly are they pointing to with that assessment? Seen it from 3 guys who cover the Bills as well as national guys.

Has anyone figured out why it has been reported that mccown was the best FA QB of the group? I know it's like trying to name the valedictorian of summer school, but what exactly are they pointing to with that assessment? Seen it from 3 guys who cover the Bills as well as national guys.

Guess they are blinded by the deep throws he made to Marshall and Jeffery in 2013. Arm looks ok compared to the Shaubs, Ponders, Fitzpatricks, and Hoyers of the world

You'll start arguing that Matt Cassell is going to beat out Manuel?

McCown had a choice between competing with EJ for the starting job on the Bills or have the starting job all lined up in Cleveland. He wanted to play and he had doubts he could beat out Manuel. Not sure how you can see it any other way.

Reality is not lining up with the notion that Manuel haters had that any veteran QB they bring in is better than him.

I can see it another way. McCown had a choice between going to a winning team on the rise and one that's an utter tire fire. He chose the latter. He felt it was the best situation for him so he doesn't care about winning. I would bet the extra year on the contract was at least a factor. But who cares, it worked out for the best.

We have to dumpster dive for QB's, at least give me the guy who wants to win. Personally I would like them to bring in Mallett. He did well in the Browns game, obviously not so well with Cincy, but with our run oriented offense and good receivers he doesn't have to be the focus. By what I can see, Houston is trying to keep him: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6470/ryan-mallett

That's the type of mediocre QB we should get. We'll have to out pay Houston, and hopefully Mallet's open to a significant raise to move here. It sucks but our options are limited.

I would be open to Hoyer also if Roman could find a way to cover his weaknesses/tendencies. I do believe scouts outed his weaknesses last year to make him ineffective. He does want to win and compete though.

Does this mean Orchard Park is now the most-likely landing zone for Schanchize?

More likely Locker.

Why would he go there?

the browns are a mess and so is there owner and we have a lot better team then them.

He wanted three years $15 million.... Which is good for us b.c i want a guy who wants to win not just get paid. Edited by Beef Jerky

I Really, really want to know who on the Bills staff / FO thought that Josh McCown was the top FA, and tried to sign him. Because whomever that is needs to be fired, or demoted and removed from the talent evaluation process.

The Tampa Bay Bucs dumped the guy after a 1-10 season with Mike Glennon playing better. (They learned the hard way, and now Cleveland will as well) Both big WR's in Vincent Jackson, and rookie Mike Evans managed 1000 yard seasons. McCown is a vet bum with a career history of being a bum! Jeez, 17-32 says it all. Even ESPN has stated the man is not a starter and only a decent backup in the right situation. 5.5 mill for a guy with that record is ludicrous.

Why would he go there?

the browns are a mess and so is there owner and we have a lot better team then them.

Cleveland went after him hard, and offered more then Buffalo. Then there is this...

"It also helps that McCown is familiar with new Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo. DeFilippo was the quarterbacks coach in Oakland in 2007 when McCown started nine games for the Raiders"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25084368/qb-josh-mccown-agrees-to-terms-with-the-browns-three-things-to-know

Be happy the Bills lost out on this one BB. The guy was 1-10 last season in Tampa with 14 INT's, and 11 TD's

Edited by FeartheLosing

Cleveland went after him hard, and offered more then Buffalo. Then there is this...

"It also helps that McCown is familiar with new Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo. DeFilippo was the quarterbacks coach in Oakland in 2007 when McCown started nine games for the Raiders"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25084368/qb-josh-mccown-agrees-to-terms-with-the-browns-three-things-to-know

Be happy the Bills lost out on this one BB. The guy was 1-10 last season in Tampa with 14 INT's, and 11 TD's

yea no great loss just wondering

Well just rumors but it was only 1 year don't know the amount.

makes sense on his part