Ultimate Offseason 2015 *EDITED

BIllsNation

We are so close to making a playoff run but without the first round pick or franchise QB the Bills are going to need to make splashes elsewhere. Here are some things I'd love for them to do

RE-SIGN: Jerry Hughes keep those pass rushers in tact

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS: QB Brian Hoyer or Mark Sanchez - I'm not ready to give up on EJ yet but we need a plan B like this year to manage games. Both of these veterans would be an upgrade over Orton. LG Mike Lupati - one of the best run blockers in the league who happens to be familiar with our new OC. Him paired with incognito could make for a nasty interior O line. TE Jordan Cameron - very athletic pass catcher who can vertically stretch the field and would be a huge upgrade over chandler

DRAFT: 2nd rd: TJ Yeldon RB Alabama - 6-2 220 lb running back with good explosion and power, outshines Eddie Lacy at times back in 2013

3rd rd: Laken Tomlinson G - most impressive guard at the senior bowl would provide depth and insurance if incognito Flames out

5th rd: Dorial Green Beckham WR- 6'6 receiver with major talent that was dismissed from Mizzou football program. Could develop into an elite pass catcher

5th rd: Sean Mannion QB- big armed quarterback to groom. After all, EJ is our only Qb under contract next season so why not?

Flame away

Edited by BIllsNation

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Beckham will be gone in the 1st round, early 2nd at the latest, and NO to Sanchez. Otherwise I like where your head's at

Also, look out for the RB out of Minnesota, Cobb, later in the draft. He could be a nice target if we don't go RB early

My take is similar to yours

FA:

Another Guard (Franklin, Iupati, Boling, Connolly, One from NO due to cap)

TE (Daniels, Clay, Cameron, Gresham)

QB (Hoyer, Moore, McCoy, Trade for a Starter)

Re-sign Searcy

Pass Rusher (Re-sign Hughes, McPhee, Morgan)

Draft:

2nd: QB Bryce Petty or whatever RB Falls (Coleman, Davis, Yeldon)

3rd: OL Tomlinson or TE Walford/Koyack

5th: TE Nick Boyle or WR Dezmin Lewis

5th: DE/OLB Geneo Grissom or RB David Cobb

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I like that plan. Yeldon isn't my preference at RB but I do want one with the first pick.

DGB could absolutely fall. He's Josh Gordon with a domestic abuse charge thrown in. Da'Rick like.

Pretty much how I feel. There are a handful of backs that I like better than Yeldon. I'm all for giving DGB a shot but he is an idiot.

Other than that I didn't think that it was too bad. If you sub in Gordon, Gurley, Ayjai, Cobb or Coleman I would really like it.

I love the ideas. I'm not sure if some of the players last that long in the draft such as Tomlinson, but that would be a sweet offseason. I'd also prefer Julius Thomas over Jordan Cameron at TE. I like drafting TJ Yeldon in the second. That guy seems like an Eddie Lacy + Le'von Bell combo.

Sounds like a reasonable plan. I might substitute one guy for another but your overall plan is solid.

The QB I think I most prefer them to sign is Mallett, because I think he has the most potential (in my opinion).

I don't think they will sign Iupati. I would not be surprised if they sign Cameron (but the concussions scare me).

I would love for all of this to happen...well, maybe not entirely as much for Hoyer/Sanchez, but it's still an option there.

Honestly, even if all of this were to happen and I would, consequentially, be the happiest I've been in the past 15 years, I would still have a nagging doubt about our QB position. Best case scenario, we have lupati and cognito w/ potential line depth from the draft, to protect an unproven QB with decent to top receiver talent, and a strong run game at his disposal. Instead of addressing the need directly (which I understand we may not/cannot potentially do this offseason), we would instead be focused on padding the problem as much as possible so at least when it leaks it only leaks a little. But that padding can only hold together for so long before the problem becomes too much to handle.

To put it simply, we still need to address the QB decision . . . do we need a Brady, Manning, Rodgers? Not really; would be nice though. Do we need better than unproven EJ, Hoyer, or Sanchez? Debatable but imo, yes.

Edited by ctk232

We are so close to making a playoff run but without the first round pick or franchise QB the Bills are going to need to make splashes elsewhere. Here are some things I'd love for them to do

RE-SIGN: Jerry Hughes keep those pass rushers in tact

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS: QB Brian Hoyer or Mark Sanchez - I'm not ready to give up on EJ yet but we need a plan B like this year to manage games. Both of these veterans would be an upgrade over Orton. LG Mike Lupati - one of the best run blockers in the league who happens to be familiar with our new OC. Him paired with incognito could make for a nasty interior O line. TE Jordan Cameron - very athletic pass catcher who can vertically stretch the field and would be a huge upgrade over chandler

DRAFT: 2nd rd: TJ Yeldon RB Alabama - 6-2 220 lb running back with good explosion and power, outshines Eddie Lacy at times back in 2013

3rd rd: Laken Tomlinson G - most impressive guard at the senior bowl would provide depth and insurance if incognito Flames out

5th rd: Dorial Green Beckham WR- 6'6 receiver with major talent that was dismissed from Mizzou football program. Could develop into an elite pass catcher

5th rd: Sean Mannion QB- big armed quarterback to groom. After all, EJ is our only Qb under contract next season so why not?

Flame away

Couple issues here.

Orton is better than both Sanchez and Hoyer.

Laken Tomlinson will go in the second round.

DGB will go in the first round (second at worst) - 5th is outrageous.

Send me a noose if we start Hoyer.

Is Yeldon gonna be a horse at the next level ? I'd prefer top tight end in 2nd and address rb in the 3rd. I like most of them from Abdullah down to Cobb.

From NFL.com

"T.J. Yeldon, Alabama: Yeldon is NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks' fifth-ranked back, and his 40 times will be closely monitored. Yeldon (6-2, 221) has good size and quick feet, though he seemingly lacks elite speed. Could he get into the mix to be the third back selected? A strong combine certainly would help in that regard"

Edited by Ryan L Billz