Why did Incognito leave the Bills?

FLBillsGuy

players compete at different levels of the sport - based on their physical attributes, and ability to motivate themselves..

.. and whatever motivates Incognito is dark and disturbing, because he can't control it off the field.

i'm very concerned he'll perceive this opportunity as one that justifies his behavior.. i hope these guys really know what they're getting into

I have concerns. And I NEVER would have thought this might occur.

But its a new day in Pegulaville i suppose.

Does this mean no Boling or Iupati? or does it mean these guys are smart sons a bitches and going to be obsessed with fixing the O line. This is a Whaley event btw > Lets keep that in mind

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was second team after the starter backed out. he was was I believe also voted the dirtiest player in the league too. But his talent is not IMO in question. it the stupid penalty's that got him booted off the Rams during the season. Fined, and by his own admission has been a "locker room cancer".

Dobler, came to the Bills at the end of his career, and the dirty play never stopped. maybe Incognito is diferent. it must get pricey destroying Ferraris in a rage in your own driveway.

True about Dobler. But then again, Bills went to the playoffs, and ran that rock effectively while they did. Hopefully, we get the same results with Incognito on the line. But I'm sure he is not the last OL the Bills sign this off-season. Just one who is available right now.

Edited by purple haze

My next post...

Again, nice try. I wouldn't expect someone like yourself, with a tenuous grasp of the English language, to understand that what "I opined" means. You probably thought it was a species of porcupine.

stick with teaching grade school or whatever you do, humor is not An asset for you. You're next post? WTF did that have to do with the post when your opinion was stated as fact? yea, the one I commented on. No I did read your next post. Didn't have too. it was obvious you know nothing about Mariotta nor his potential with his "raw materials". other than your opinion, which should have been stated.

everyone here is giving an opinion on a lot of topics.Myself included. Block me if you do not agree. Or simply ignore with your superior intellect. just stop attacking, You act and sound like a little kid.You happened to state Mariotta's potential pro status as fact. No? or are there two people using the same name here?

Since your particular brand of snark, very lame "humor", Attacking, and insulting posters, and judging someone on a single post. Well That Says a lot about you as a human. When you continue to BS Even when your post is repeated to you verbatim, but since it did not suit your grade school mindset, or agenda. You lamely attempt to backtrack and in your case write apparently another post to CYA. I wrote out your post in question completely. Why? because you did not "opine" on that post. In fact quite the opposite.

My response to your post was simply sarcasm, but way over your head. But, understand You foolishly took offense on a friggin blog. However , you continue too attack.I wonder have you ever played football at any level? No, I don't need an answer. I am out on this topic with you.You're hypocritical and Obsessed with judging,insulting, and correcting grammar. Have fun with that man, and best of luck in the future!

Edited by Best Player Available

Im in the same boat in that I like having guys with bad attitudes on the team. Im fine with Bradham, Spikes, etc getting a couple personal fouls each game since it sets a tone.

However, the only thing Id add to the other side is that all of the guys mentioned here (Browner, Bennett, Bradham, Spikes) are Defensive players. I think it's much easier to absorb those penalties when they happen on defense. When they occur on Offense, they often kill drives, puts your D back on the field, and changes the entire dynamic of the game.

With that, Im still fine with the Incognito signing. If he does end up making the team, Im guessing he'll be on best behavior. Whatever that is.

That's a poor argument.

stick with teaching grade school or whatever you do, humor is not An asset for you. You're next post? WTF did that have to do with the post when your opinion was stated as fact? yea, the one I commented on. No I did read your next post. Didn't have too. it was obvious you know nothing about Mariotta nor his potential with his "raw materials". other than your opinion, which should have been stated.

everyone here is giving an opinion on a lot of topics.Myself included. Block me if you do not agree. Or simply ignore with your superior intellect. just stop attacking, You act and sound like a little kid.You happened to state Mariotta's potential pro status as fact. No? or are there two people using the same name here?

Since your particular brand of snark, very lame "humor", Attacking, and insulting posters, and judging someone on a single post. Well That Says a lot about you as a human. When you continue to BS Even when your post is repeated to you verbatim, but since it did not suit your grade school mindset, or agenda. You lamely attempt to backtrack and in your case write apparently another post to CYA. I wrote out your post in question completely. Why? because you did not "opine" on that post. In fact quite the opposite.

My response to your post was simply sarcasm, but way over your head. But, understand You foolishly took offense on a friggin blog. However , you continue too attack.I wonder have you ever played football at any level? No, I don't need an answer. I am out on this topic with you.You're hypocritical and Obsessed with judging,insulting, and correcting grammar. Have fun with that man, and best of luck in the future!

Is this a fact, or is it your opinion? Because it is not clearly stated anywhere in your post.

:nana::nana::nana:

For the record, I never took offense to your posts because I couldn't understand what was written. If you're going to write a sarcastic reply to someone else's post, at least make it understandable. It's the least you can do. My 5 year old son writes better than you. Have a nice evening :D

True about Dobler. But then again, Bills went to the playoffs, and ran that rock effectively while they did. Hopefully, we get the same results with Incognito on the line. But I'm sure he is not the last OL the Bills sign this off-season. Just one who is available right now.

I am going to run with this excellent comment, ty PH

Which part about what?

The one comparing penalties on defense to penalties on offense. The truth is, penalties on either side of the ball affect drives based solely on the strength of the unit.

Holds don't matter much if your RB is averaging 6 YPC or your QB is great. Conversely, defensive holding/offsides won't matter much if you have a stifling D.

To say that defensive penalties are preferable because of how offensive ones affect drives is a poor argument. Defensive penalties can abnormally extend drives, exhaust your defense and change the dynamic of the game. The same argument that you made, conversed.

Edited by FireChan

Incognito has never played on an NFL team that has posted a winning record. So while he does play dirty, and dirty play has helped some players contribute to winning teams, there's no evidence that Incognito's own brand of mayhem has resulted in wins for his teams. In fact, the last three years he played for the Rams, they won 6 games, total.

I get wanting a bully on the field, but there's a difference between being a bully on the field and being one in the locker room. Playing to the echo of the whistle does help set a tough-minded, winning tone on the field. Race baiting, sexual harassment, and trying to spread your own sociopathic philosophy of life to unsuspecting teammates contributes nothing to a winning environment.

No doubt, when you grade out the Bills guards, they have a bunch of D and F level guys. If Incognito is only a C level player, and not even a B level one, the risk is not worth the reward.

Sure he made a Pro Bowl, but so did Rueben Brown. In fact, Brown made several Pro Bowls. Was Brown good enough that if he brought the asinine level of distraction to the locker room that Incognito has brought to every team he has played for, would the Bills have put up with it? Probably not.

Maybe a guy who has been kicked off of just about every team he has ever played for has finally learned his lesson. Or maybe the Bills have just bought themselves a s##t storm of a carnival that could overshadow everything else they do.

Realistically, if the Bills don't acquire at least one, preferably two starting level guards, they are committing malpractice. At this point, penciling Incognito as the starter is a huge gamble.

For one... they can be a locker room cancer, which Ritchie has proven to be throughout his career.

Out of all the positions on a football team, I believe the offensive line need to work and gel together as a coherent unit. This clown has only seemed to divide his teammates, instead of wanting to be a part of a solid team.

I hope they keep this jackass in a short leash and send him packing at the very first indication of trouble.

While you may not have a problem rooting for a "dirty player", I do, if only for the simple fact that it takes away from the spirit of the game and fair competition.

Yeah, that's part of my character.

What is wrong with having a dirty player?

Wow. Just, Wow!

Hey pal, look in the mirror and switch to de-caff.

Most penalized teams in 2014:

1. Seattle

2. New England

Most penalized players in 2014:

1. Browner - NE

2. Bennett - Sea

Source: http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Sorry, you were saying something about penalties losing games?

According to this site, Incognito has not led the league in penalties in any year on or after 2009, but it doesn't go any farther back than that. So even if penalties did lose games, which they don't seem to, you're clinging to very old history to claim that Incognito is a league-leader in penalties.

Would you also not accept Browner or Bennett on your team? What about Richard Sherman? Russell Okung? These players on championship teams all have more penalties than Incognito in his last full year, 2012.

Here are Incognito's penalties from 2012, when he was somewhere around 60th in the league in penalties:

Offensive Holding (4), Unnecessary Roughness (2), False Start (1)

Here's the same for Russell Okung, 2012 pro-bowl LT (a pro-bowler that year):

False Start (8), Offensive Holding (5)

Clearly, Incognito is history's greatest monster.

Excellent post! Ladies and germs, that's how you drop the mike and walk away.

Sounds about right for Marshawn too

I agree. Granted Marshawn was a problem child, but he is a great RB and shouldn't have been traded. Hopefully the days of drafting RB's and guys in the secondary in the first round, then not resigning them after their rookie contract are done and over with!

Incognito has never played on an NFL team that has posted a winning record. So while he does play dirty, and dirty play has helped some players contribute to winning teams, there's no evidence that Incognito's own brand of mayhem has resulted in wins for his teams. In fact, the last three years he played for the Rams, they won 6 games, total.

I get wanting a bully on the field, but there's a difference between being a bully on the field and being one in the locker room. Playing to the echo of the whistle does help set a tough-minded, winning tone on the field. Race baiting, sexual harassment, and trying to spread your own sociopathic philosophy of life to unsuspecting teammates contributes nothing to a winning environment.

No doubt, when you grade out the Bills guards, they have a bunch of D and F level guys. If Incognito is only a C level player, and not even a B level one, the risk is not worth the reward.

Sure he made a Pro Bowl, but so did Rueben Brown. In fact, Brown made several Pro Bowls. Was Brown good enough that if he brought the asinine level of distraction to the locker room that Incognito has brought to every team he has played for, would the Bills have put up with it? Probably not.

Maybe a guy who has been kicked off of just about every team he has ever played for has finally learned his lesson. Or maybe the Bills have just bought themselves a s##t storm of a carnival that could overshadow everything else they do.

Realistically, if the Bills don't acquire at least one, preferably two starting level guards, they are committing malpractice. At this point, penciling Incognito as the starter is a huge gamble.

This is such a bad argument.....I mean really bad

Because Richie played on teams that posted losing records......it should take away from how good play he was?

The only thing you can look at in this situation

- Could the OL run the ball.....and specificially what was the level of effectivenss on his side of the line

- How many sacks did he give up....or since G/T tend to work together on twists and stunts.....how well did did his side of the OL pass protect

The mans talent on the field is undeniable, and he has the ability to be a top OG. If he can keep his head on straight he could be a great acquisition.

The guy has been a head case everywhere he has played, and even he knows he has a big problems. After he wasn't resigned by the Bills he noted it was a low point in his career and then when in for counseling.

What really got him into trouble in Miami was that he didn't like it that the big money first round pick at LT was getting the QB killed every game. It wasn't just him either as when Martin was in the Dolphins lunch room and then went to sit at the table where all the O linemen were sitting. After he sat down the entire line got up and left. This is what prompted Martin to quit the team, as he then knew the entire team didn't like him.

Just know that the problems with this player go deeper then just other people as he took a baseball bat to his new Ferrari... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richie-incognito-reportedly-bashed-own-ferrari-bat-175041897--nfl.html

I hope the Bills have a contingency plan in place when things go south, and I hope it doesn't include Pears or Urbik.

EDIT: Lets not forget that there was a Raiders lineman Barrett Robins that quit on the team the before the super bowl due to mental issues. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/28/barret-robbins-doesnt-remember-much-about-the-super-bowl/

Edited by FeartheLosing

The mans talent on the field is undeniable, and he has the ability to be a top OG. If he can keep his head on straight he could be a great acquisition.

The guy has been a head case everywhere he has played, and even he knows he has a big problems. After he wasn't resigned by the Bills he noted it was a low point in his career and then when in for counseling.

What really got him into trouble in Miami was that he didn't like it that the big money first round pick at LT was getting the QB killed every game. It wasn't just him either as when Martin was in the Dolphins lunch room and then went to sit at the table where all the O linemen were sitting. After he sat down the entire line got up and left. This is what prompted Martin to quit the team, as he then knew the entire team didn't like him.

Just know that the problems with this player go deeper then just other people as he took a baseball bat to his new Ferrari... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richie-incognito-reportedly-bashed-own-ferrari-bat-175041897--nfl.html

I hope the Bills have a contingency plan in place when things go south, and I hope it isn't Pears or Urbik.

The good thing is is that he'll be playing between Glenn and Wood.