Why did Incognito leave the Bills?

FLBillsGuy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with penalties?

He had very little problems with the fins and Bills.

Not a dirty player IMO.....the league poll is a joke...even Kyle Williams laughed over that one.

The game is dirty

What is wrong with opening huge holes ???

Edited by HOUSE

After the Rams waived RI near the end of 2009, both the Bills and Dols put in a claim for him, but the Bills had priority so they got him. He was an UFA at the end of that season and wanted to play in Miami.

No you don't.

IMO when you have a player known for stupid arse penalties, sometimes called drive killers. Like 1st and long or second and long. Because of a PI call. And leads the league one year for penalty's, because he does it over and over. And you add that into the fragile situation in Buffalo where in the past a 15 yard pass can be considered a long throw if even completed. Yea, dumb plays like Incognito is known for along with dirty play, loses games. Of course now he might be a Bill this can now be overlooked. For more history on his style of play and what his coaches thought about it.

Google his Rams years.

IMO when you have a player known for stupid arse penalties, sometimes called drive killers. Like 1st and long or second and long. Because of a PI call. And leads the league one year for penalty's, because he does it over and over. And you add that into the fragile situation in Buffalo where in the past a 15 yard pass can be considered a long throw if even completed. Yea, dumb plays like Incognito is known for along with dirty play, loses games. Of course now he might be a Bill this can now be overlooked. For more history on his style of play and what his coaches thought about it.

Google his Rams years.

Most penalized teams in 2014:

1. Seattle

2. New England

Most penalized players in 2014:

1. Browner - NE

2. Bennett - Sea

Source: http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Sorry, you were saying something about penalties losing games?

According to this site, Incognito has not led the league in penalties in any year on or after 2009, but it doesn't go any farther back than that. So even if penalties did lose games, which they don't seem to, you're clinging to very old history to claim that Incognito is a league-leader in penalties.

Would you also not accept Browner or Bennett on your team? What about Richard Sherman? Russell Okung? These players on championship teams all have more penalties than Incognito in his last full year, 2012.

Here are Incognito's penalties from 2012, when he was somewhere around 60th in the league in penalties:

Offensive Holding (4), Unnecessary Roughness (2), False Start (1)

Here's the same for Russell Okung, 2012 pro-bowl LT (a pro-bowler that year):

False Start (8), Offensive Holding (5)

Clearly, Incognito is history's greatest monster.

Edited by dr.fishopolis

Most penalized teams in 2014:

1. Seattle

2. New England

Most penalized players in 2014:

1. Browner - NE

2. Bennett - Sea

Source: http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Sorry, you were saying something about penalties losing games?

According to this site, Incognito has not led the league in penalties in any year on or after 2009, but it doesn't go any farther back than that. So even if penalties did lose games, which they don't seem to, you're clinging to very old history to claim that Incognito is a league-leader in penalties.

Would you also not accept Browner or Bennett on your team? What about Richard Sherman? Russell Okung? These players on championship teams all have more penalties than Incognito in his last full year, 2012.

Here are Incognito's penalties from 2012, when he was somewhere around 60th in the league in penalties:

Offensive Holding (4), Unnecessary Roughness (2), False Start (1)

Here's the same for Russell Okung, 2012 pro-bowl LT (a pro-bowler that year):

False Start (8), Offensive Holding (5)

Clearly, Incognito is history's greatest monster.

Listen pal. Stop coming around here with your facts to support your argument. We're much more interested in baseless assertions made by people who know absolutely nothing about what they are posting.

Listen pal. Stop coming around here with your facts to support your argument. We're much more interested in baseless assertions made by people who know absolutely nothing about what they are posting.

Im in the same boat in that I like having guys with bad attitudes on the team. Im fine with Bradham, Spikes, etc getting a couple personal fouls each game since it sets a tone.

However, the only thing Id add to the other side is that all of the guys mentioned here (Browner, Bennett, Bradham, Spikes) are Defensive players. I think it's much easier to absorb those penalties when they happen on defense. When they occur on Offense, they often kill drives, puts your D back on the field, and changes the entire dynamic of the game.

With that, Im still fine with the Incognito signing. If he does end up making the team, Im guessing he'll be on best behavior. Whatever that is.

Edited by DrDareustein

So you're saying the comments you made on Mariotta as a NFL player in another thread were facts?? Lol.

So you're saying the comments you made on Mariotta as a NFL player in another thread were facts?? Lol.

No. Nice try, but I explicitly stated in my posts about Mariota that it was MY OPINION. Now, go back under your bridge and start "writing" your incoherent, garbled posts about nothing.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

players compete at different levels of the sport - based on their physical attributes, and ability to motivate themselves..

.. and whatever motivates Incognito is dark and disturbing, because he can't control it off the field.

i'm very concerned he'll perceive this opportunity as one that justifies his behavior.. i hope these guys really know what they're getting into

No. Nice try, but I explicitly stated in my posts about Mariota that it was MY OPINION. Now, go back under your bridge and start "writing" your incoherent, garbled posts about nothing.

Explicitly stated? here's your complete post. perhaps the ether is having detrimental effects on your short term memory?

"Whoever takes Mariotta I hope they don't expect him to start right away. Another guy with great "raw materials" that has no clue how to run a pro style offense. he needs awhile to learn, or he will get eaten up"

really? Are you a pro coach because Where is the "MY OPINION" You claim you stated? Spare me the grade school answer of it's implied. Since it is not.

Explicitly stated? here's your complete post. perhaps the ether is having detrimental effects on your short term memory?

"Whoever takes Mariotta I hope they don't expect him to start right away. Another guy with great "raw materials" that has no clue how to run a pro style offense. he needs awhile to learn, or he will get eaten up"

really? Are you a pro coach because Where is the "MY OPINION" You claim you stated? Spare me the grade school answer of it's implied. Since it is not.

My next post...

Are you trying to insult me? Once again, your writing skills are so poor it is difficult for me to tell.

I opined that Marcus Mariota has tremendous raw talent, but will likely take some time to adapt to the nuances of a NFL offense. You know, pre-snap reads, pocket awareness, going through his progressions, taking a freaking snap from under center?!

I feel that, if expected to start day one for some lowly team like Tampa Bay or Tennessee, he will likely struggle.

Now your thoughts again in an organized and comprehensible fashion?

Again, nice try. I wouldn't expect someone like yourself, with a tenuous grasp of the English language, to understand that what "I opined" means. You probably thought it was a species of porcupine.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks