Bo Levi Mitchell - The SHOULD Be Bills Franchise QB Champion

Vinaccia

A contract is a legal document for a player's services right? So why would there even need to be an agreement between the NFL and CFL to prevent a player from being poached when they are still signed with a team.

Good luck enforcing that contract across international boarders.

A similair situation happened with ovechkin, where he snuck away from his Russian team and flew to the US.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck enforcing that contract across international boarders.

A similair situation happened with ovechkin, where he snuck away from his Russian team and flew to the US.

I'm pretty sure Ovechkin didn't breach his contract... Didn't he have an opt out clause that provided a way to come and play in US?

"A typical CFL contract includes an NFL option window that usually begins Jan. 1 and always ends Feb. 16. Players with such options in their contracts can sign with NFL teams during that window. If later released from the NFL, the player's rights revert to his previous CFL team."

------http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/14351/why-cfl-players-head-to-nfl-now

But see: "Feb. 10 Beginning at Noon ET, NFL clubs may begin to sign players whose 2014 CFL contracts have expired. Players under contract to a CFL club for the 2015 season or who have an option for the 2015 season are not eligible to be signed."

----------http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/schedules/keydates

Edited by Mickey

At the end of the day it's all about getting a QB with skills, that can win, and is respectable and mature in order to represent the franchise. This kid has got it. I guarantee it if the Bills managed to deal for Bo, they would be strong playoff contenders. Signing some chump that never worked out anywhere else will take them nowhere. Bo has been a winner everywhere he has went.

"Been a winner everywhere he went" describes the vast majority of QBs that even get a cup of coffee in the NFL.

I am skeptical, but sometimes CFL players can make it in the NFL.

This is what sucks about this forum. The kid (OP) puts up an idea about a CFL QB. He brings a fresh idea to the site. The same people as always bash him into the ground, even though they've never even heard of the QB the OP recommends. WTF people ? Be open to the ideas of posters for cryin out loud.

Hey...maybe this QB is the answer for all we know. If so, I'm certain all NFL teams are aware of him.

this could be the unexpected move at QB. Lets face reality: there is not a single QB that all Bills fans will agree on (unless we land Rivers or Big Ben), and there is no silver-bullet out there. We need someone that can lead, and compete with EJ. I'm for brining anyone (and everyone) in that can fulfill these criteria, including this CFL guy.

PS. my top choices are Sanchez, Moore, and Eli.

I live in Katy Texas and both my son's graduates after having played for the same high school. Katy high school is a perennial power house football program that has gone to the Texas division 5 A state championship game the last 3 Years in a row. The team is built on no one person being bigger then the program. Andy Dalton is also a graduate of Katy High School. I would love to see Bo get a chance in the NFL.

Tyler Myers is also from Katy, Texas. Once the Sabres' season is over, get him in a Bills jersey! He's obviously big enough at 6'-8".

Just thought I'd add a link to some footage of Mitchell in the Grey Cup CFL championship game: http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/107417watch 3:53 . Look at his mobility, throw, and accuracy under pressure. 1:30 shows his pocket presence and throwing ability. It's hard to get film on him on youtube, so I thought I would throw this out there.

Once again I want to note to all the posters that keep reiterating that he is under contract for another year. If a player and his team are willing to both mutually consent to waive the terms of the contract -- it can be done, and for the right price it WOULD be done. You are talking about a team that still has talent without him under center, and with 1 year left on his contract the team would be in a position to get what they could for him while they still could. Believe me, I know my contract law pretty well -- and yes that does mean more than just observations.

Look -- I agree that taking any QB out there is going to be a chance, but what I am suggesting is that if you could take a chance on a QB from the CFL that has won everywhere he has played, for money that would not be more than what you are paying for a washed up unsuccessful pro QB, then I think Mitchell is the best choice of all and also the least riskiest. I am not saying that it is 100% certain that all of his success would continue into the NFL, but what I am saying is that this QB has played and won a championship after college in a professional league and is more likely to be successful than others. I think he is the best choice out there if you are really looking to shake things up and get somebody new under center in 2015 that has poise in the pocket, mobility, and passion for the game. Mitchell really exhibits confidence, great athleticism, and has a winning mentality that has worked for him on every team he has been on.

If he's sooo good, why isnt he in the NFL? Bring him in if you can/when you can and he's cheap, but dont expect the second coming of Peyton Manning.

Just thought I'd add a link to some footage of Mitchell in the Grey Cup CFL championship game: http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/107417watch 3:53 . Look at his mobility, throw, and accuracy under pressure. 1:30 shows his pocket presence and throwing ability. It's hard to get film on him on youtube, so I thought I would throw this out there.

Once again I want to note to all the posters that keep reiterating that he is under contract for another year. If a player and his team are willing to both mutually consent to waive the terms of the contract -- it can be done, and for the right price it WOULD be done. You are talking about a team that still has talent without him under center, and with 1 year left on his contract the team would be in a position to get what they could for him while they still could. Believe me, I know my contract law pretty well -- and yes that does mean more than just observations.

Look -- I agree that taking any QB out there is going to be a chance, but what I am suggesting is that if you could take a chance on a QB from the CFL that has won everywhere he has played, for money that would not be more than what you are paying for a washed up unsuccessful pro QB, then I think Mitchell is the best choice of all and also the least riskiest. I am not saying that it is 100% certain that all of his success would continue into the NFL, but what I am saying is that this QB has played and won a championship after college in a professional league and is more likely to be successful than others. I think he is the best choice out there if you are really looking to shake things up and get somebody new under center in 2015 that has poise in the pocket, mobility, and passion for the game. Mitchell really exhibits confidence, great athleticism, and has a winning mentality that has worked for him on every team he has been on.

His QB sneak was impressively Brady-esque though....

That Floater INT was pretty Fitzpatrick-esque, though...

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Looks like Kelso Fitzflutie to me. Seems like he's comfortable playing QB. Something Ej doesn't seem to be IMO. Wouldn't mind him replacing tuel I suppose, but when I look at him out there, I see an upside down weeble-wobble. And I'm sober!

http://www.stampeders.com/video/index/id/108317/category/1885

Here's some more footage. Look at 2:24... just shows his confidence to stay in the pocket and deliver on the rush as well. I really wish Pegula would make the Stampeders an offer they couldn't refuse. :16 and :36 also show his accuracy and mobility. This guy would be a huge improvement from EJ Manuel. I really like EJ but just wish they would have made him work more on his academics to read defenses.

I'll be shocked if it happens. I don't see any chance the Stamps give up his rights and I think it'd be better for his professional development to have another year starting in the CFL.