golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

I've said it before and I'll say it again - what happens when you take PEDs.

Absolutely.

Tiger Woods was the only reason I ever watched golf. He's been my favorite player since he turned pro. But it is crystal clear that steroids/PEDs have deteriorated his body.

Sadly ... like Bonds, Rodriguez and Ramirez in baseball ... Tiger will never be the best because he wasn't happy being ONE of the best without cheating.

That said, Jack Nicklaus is still the best. But he wouldn't have been if Tiger wasn't so goddamn greedy.

Sad story.

• 6 months later...

@golf_com

BREAKING: Tiger Woods announces his return to competitive golf and will play in the Hero World Challenge.

https://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/10/30/tiger-woods-return-competitive-play-hero-world-challenge

Is there an over/under on # holes he plays before withdrawing due to injury?

It was great to watch him play in his prime, but i think its over for him.

Edited by KD in CA

As a 14 time major champion with the career grand slam, he can play in all of those and use sponsor exemptions for other events if necessary.

that can get sad though, Ian Baker-Finch being the saddest.

His 200 yard snap-slice off the tee was a classic.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, row_33 said:

He's always welcome but he can't play with all those young kids who hit it farther and 3 of them will have the round of their life at any given Major.

To the contrary, he was really striping the ball today and putting it out there with the driver. 

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

To the contrary, he was really striping the ball today and putting it out there with the driver. 

he has to get through an entire weekend, he's come back the first round a few times recently and then got in his car and did the John Daly drive back home.

Glad to see Tiger had a decent opening round.  I have never really watched the Hero challenge before so I am not exactly sure of it's format. There is much excitement over Tiger being tied for 8th.  However, we need to remember this is 8th out of 18. If you extrapolate this to a normal field size of ~140 players, Tiger would be around 64th.  

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Holy smokes!!  Tiger is smacking the snot out of the ball!  Is he back on the juice?

If he is, I bet the PGA paid for it.  Every average golf fan in America is all over this tournament.  Without Tiger, no one would even know it existed.

I've been watching a fair amount of this tourney.  Is it just me or does Tiger seem very sweaty?  I know its in the Bahamas but everytime they show Tiger up close his face is drenched.  No other player seems to look this way.  

He also seems to look bigger.  Not so much as in ripped, just more bloated looking.  

(Cue: withdrawal from pills comments)