golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

6 hours ago, Augie said:

Tiger is good for golf if he’s healthy and competitive.

Nobody can deny that. I don’t care whether you like or respect him. 

Used to know fans who told me Tiger wasn’t any good for his entire run.

i ran a pool at work where you’d pick 6 for a major and your best 4 total was your team.

i was willing to up-front “ban” Tiger if he was going to be chosen by everyone but many refused to select him every single major

Edited by row_33

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Check out the post above yours.

HA! I missed that one...Ooops!

But I knew it had to be a big deal Even the tour guys who didn’t like Tiger appreciated how he upped the money. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

HA! I missed that one...Ooops!

But I knew it had to be a big deal Even the tour guys who didn’t like Tiger appreciated how he upped the money. 

I'm not a big golf guy, but I was definitely more interested when he was doing well. I remember when he was at his prime, it was Tiger or the field.

25 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm not a big golf guy, but I was definitely more interested when he was doing well. I remember when he was at his prime, it was Tiger or the field.

Tiger by 22 at the Masters with his “B game”?  He wised up after that, but that like watching Mike Tyson is his prime. 

If Tiger sustains this type of play for any length of time and wins another major, or a few, he will be considered one of the greatest comeback stories ever.  Now that the obvious is stated, it just seems unlikely that this level of play can last given his injury history.

Great weekend for Tiger.  I certainly didn't think he'd make it back to the top of a leaderboard this quickly.  Next weekend should be interesting -- an event Tiger has dominated in the past that also ended some previous droughts.

4 hours ago, eball said:

Great weekend for Tiger.  I certainly didn't think he'd make it back to the top of a leaderboard this quickly.  Next weekend should be interesting -- an event Tiger has dominated in the past that also ended some previous droughts.

Bay Hill Watch? :D

His knee injury wrecked his career.

He completely changed his swing post knee surgery, he used to be able to rotate in his front knee, to load back and unleash power, he had to switch to more back-upper body after the knee injury, which then led to back problems.

Shame, he was truly incredible.

Best ever in his prime, but career he won't touch the Golden bear.

I view it as similar to Megatron vs Rice

Rice's career and peak were longer than Megatron, but Megatron's peak season stretch was off the charts.