golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

He has his top club speed back, went a bit over the edge on 16 with a gamble that sure didn't pay off, said he wasn't "committed" fully to the shot...

Edited by row_33

28 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He has his top club speed back, went a bit over the edge on 16 with a gamble that sure didn't pay off, said he wasn't "committed" fully to the shot...

Rory, on the other hand, drove it 377 yards on that hole.    He certainly was committed  :D....

17 minutes ago, eball said:

The Masters is always awesome, but this year's has got to be the most anticipated in quite some time...

while i still love the golf at the Masters, the sanctimony of the whole week starts to get to me. It's a golf tournament for crying out loud,  not the second coming. 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

while i still love the golf at the Masters, the sanctimony of the whole week starts to get to me. It's a golf tournament for crying out loud,  not the second coming. 

Oh I despise the "membership" of Augusta National...but the traditions of the Masters (caddies in all white, cheap pimento cheese sandwiches and beer, lack of advertising, memorable holes) do make it special.

What's ironic is that outside of Augusta National that town is a dump.

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Oh I despise the "membership" of Augusta National...but the traditions of the Masters (caddies in all white, cheap pimento cheese sandwiches and beer, lack of advertising, memorable holes) do make it special.

That's what I hear, I have never been. Someday !!!

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That's what I hear, I have never been. Someday !!!

I've never been to the tournament but drove through Augusta plenty when I lived in Georgia.  Absolute hole.

We called it "Dis-gust-a"

Edited by eball

12 hours ago, eball said:

Also love there is zero tolerance for asshats screaming ‘mashed potatoes’ and other stupid ****.

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

If you've ever been on the course, you'd know why it's so revered.   It's almost un-worldly beautiful.   In a world full of shitt, it's like being on another planet if you're a golf fan.   

The ne plus ultra of any sporting event I've ever been to...

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pretty cool to see Ian Poulter win today for the 1st time in six years to make it into the Masters this week. 

Agreed.  And what's with Hossler -- only 23 years old and he already looks like a 45-year old dad?  Talk about soft.

12 minutes ago, eball said:

Agreed.  And what's with Hossler -- only 23 years old and he already looks like a 45-year old dad?  Talk about soft.

I agree eball.  

I don't know why but I was rooting against Hossler.  I feel bad for him airmailing into the water in the playoff but I was pulling for Poulter.  Also, if you were watching all day Hossler seemed a little bit whiney after shots.  Who knows, he is young and best of luck to him.  

On a side note, here are my random three bets for the Masters this week:

1)  Spieth finishes above Tiger.

2)  Jim Furyk finishes in the top ten.

3)  Underdog to win.... Rickie Fowler

2 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I agree eball.  

I don't know why but I was rooting against Hossler.  I feel bad for him airmailing into the water in the playoff but I was pulling for Poulter.  Also, if you were watching all day Hossler seemed a little bit whiney after shots.  Who knows, he is young and best of luck to him.  

On a side note, here are my random three bets for the Masters this week:

1)  Spieth finishes above Tiger.

2)  Jim Furyk finishes in the top ten.

3)  Underdog to win.... Rickie Fowler

Your Fowler choice has me scratching my head after his putting "exhibition" over the weekend.  Turrible.