golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

Amazing how quickly the body falls apart at 40 when you take PEDs in your 20s and 30s.

Bingo. Tiger, Armstrong, Rodriguez. Funny how one stops winning after one gets caught.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope so. I am a big fan of his, and I know a lot of his downfall is of his own doing....allegedly, but I want to see him reach the milestones that he could/should have had by now.

Getting it together?

@PGATOUR

Tiger Woods birdied his last three to post an opening-round 66. He's 3 back. His round: http://bit.ly/1Nzu3pP

CI7GU-qUsAAYEY_.jpg

Golf needs Tiger. He singlehandedly made it popular.

I personally think he's done. I've said this before but probably not really meant it. Now I think he's just another guy in the field, deep in the field. He no longer has any kind of length advantage, and his marvelous short game has lost its touch. Sure I watched intensely when he was at the height of his powers.... Probably the most impressive performances and dominance over a long period I've ever witness in sports. But I'm finding the sport doesn't need him right now either. A fair weather viewer like me is being drawn back into it by Jordan's spieth performance. Can't wait to see how he does in the British, 3rd leg of grand slam. Hes an interesting and refreshing character in that he's not one of these stupidly long hitters like mcilroy. Johnson, and watson. Yet he's got an intensity and precision that makes him very watchable. Add those other guys into the mix and a few others and it makes for great theatre again. Edited by JTSP

I personally think he's done. I've said this before but probably not really meant it. Now I think he's just another guy in the field, deep in the field. He no longer has any kind of length advantage, and his marvelous short game has lost its touch. Sure I watched intensely when he was at the height of his powers.... Probably the most impressive performances and dominance over a long period I've ever witness in sports. But I'm finding the sport doesn't need him right now either. A fair weather viewer like me is being drawn back into it by Jordan's spieth performance. Can't wait to see how he does in the British, 3rd leg of grand slam. Hes an interesting and refreshing character in that he's not one of these stupidly long hitters like mcilroy. Johnson, and watson. Yet he's got an intensity and precision that makes him very watchable. Add those other guys into the mix and a few others and it makes for great theatre again.

Spieth is a great young golfer who has a complete game, but he's BORING!

Golf is in serious decline. tiger was the guy that saved it for a while. Without him, no lay

People really care about it. Jordan Spieth? These guys don't have the mystique that Tiger had when he went pro.

Check out this article:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101860445

Ding! Golf is a dying sport with courses closing everyday.

• 1 month later...

At next year's Masters Tiger will be 40. It's unlikely he suddenly finds himself and returns to form with all of these 20-somethings out there playing lights out.

This tournament was his chance -- none of the big names played. Davis Love III won it for crying out loud!

At next year's Masters Tiger will be 40. It's unlikely he suddenly finds himself and returns to form with all of these 20-somethings out there playing lights out.

This tournament was his chance -- none of the big names played. Davis Love III won it for crying out loud!

If you look, there were some pretty good players in the field. Baby steps.

If you look, there were some pretty good players in the field. Baby steps.

Meh -- very lukewarm field. No Day, Spieth, McIlroy, Rose, Kuchar, DJ, Bubba, Fowler.

Brooks Koepka (#12) was the highest ranked FedExCup player in the field.

Meh -- very lukewarm field. No Day, Spieth, McIlroy, Rose, Kuchar, DJ, Bubba, Fowler.

Brooks Koepka (#12) was the highest ranked FedExCup player in the field.

Snedeker, Schwartzel, Haas, Webb Simpson, and Kaymer are all darn good players who were in the field.