Who has an AR-15 rifle?

dpberr

As for 800 rounds per minute from a semi-automatic, I have my doubts.

You should because there is NO SUCH THING. Find me a human being who can pull a trigger 13 times per second. Retardicon is citing the cyclic rate of certain AUTOMATIC weapons, which are actually legal but require a bunch of money and a Class III FFL.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should because there is NO SUCH THING. Find me a human being who can pull a trigger 13 times per second. Retardicon is citing the cyclic rate of certain AUTOMATIC weapons, which are actually legal but require a bunch of money and a Class III FFL.

Agreed. I was trying to be nice about it.

Well at least you're not speculating.

I agree that we're not going to stop bad people from doing bad things through gun control.

I am a supporter of the 2nd amendment. I just think there needs to be some changes made. I don't think everything that is in the SAFE Act is bad. I do, however, think it was bullschit how Cuomo back-doored it.

All I would like to see someday are reliable measures that will a) make it difficult for civilians to acquire any weapons and b) identify people who should never own them.

I don't see how everyone in the U.S. would not want those two things. I'm not saying for police to go remove anything from anybody, so the Don't Tread on Me people can stand down.

There are two extremes, the people who want no guns anywhere and the NRA. Surely, there are brilliant minds who can meet in the middle and come up with some sort of reform that preserves the 2nd Amendment but also protects (as much as possible) society as a whole.

I admit, I posted the Seattle Times story in a dickish way. I do have a problem with semi-automatic weapons being available to the masses. But I'm not extreme; I don't think they should be banned.

There's got to be a happy medium. People need to think practically. Surely, no one can expect a document written 250 ago to remain relevant in its entirety.

Everyone should - in my opinion - want to keep the good guys safe.

Eventually someone will commit a crime and we'll be told in the name of safety that a new law must be passed. The claim of "safety" always seems to get thrown out there when something happens. The public needs a hook before they approve something, and who could possibly oppose new laws in the name of "safety?"

Except the SAFE Act has rounded up decent people and the state cannot provide objective evidence the law works as they advertised it to. Ask the guy in Amherst who took anti-anxiety meds and had a pistol permit revoked. Or the retired police officer who had insomnia in Rochester. Or the gun shop where a SWAT team raid was threatened when it was learned they sold AR's without a fixed magazine.

People want to feel safe and they'll pretty much vote for anything. If they bothered to understand true intentions, i.e. control over gun-owners, they'd realize the safety narrative is BS.

People want to feel safe and they'll pretty much vote for anything. If they bothered to understand true intentions, i.e. control over gun-owners, they'd realize the safety narrative is BS.

But think of the children

The fact that matters the most is the simple fact that Holmes wanted to kill people that day, and if you took away all semi-automatic weapons, he'd have found another way. Possibly even a way that would have killed MORE people.

There's your fact that matters most.

Yeah!

I mean come on! This is America! Jesus Christ himself has declared this land sacred and given each of us the right to own military-issue semi-automatic assault rifles in his name. I believe it also has something to do with the Star Spangled Banner.

Is this not obvious?

To the original poster's point:

If you insist on a 5.56mm NATO round, why buy Chevy when you can buy Porsche?

Screw the Ar-15.

Go with Heckler & Koch MR556A1.

That's obvious, isn't it?

And while you are at it, by a mint NOS Kar 98 Mauser just for fun.

What a wonderful weapon. And that bolt action. Sweet, especially when it's not -40 C in Stalingrad.

Yeah!

I mean come on! This is America! Jesus Christ himself has declared this land sacred and given each of us the right to own military-issue semi-automatic assault rifles in his name. I believe it also has something to do with the Star Spangled Banner.

Is this not obvious?

To the original poster's point:

If you insist on a 5.56mm NATO round, why buy Chevy when you can buy Porsche?

Screw the Ar-15.

Go with Heckler & Koch MR556A1.

That's obvious, isn't it?

And while you are at it, by a mint NOS Kar 98 Mauser just for fun.

What a wonderful weapon. And that bolt action. Sweet, especially when it's not -40 C in Stalingrad.

ISIS uses the odd kar98 here and there. 70-year old rifle still used in combat.

They also have some Mosin-Nagants and Lee-Enfields. 120 years old. They knew how to make **** back then.

I wish the old fyou smiley was still around. I'd give it to all the anti-gun people in this thread

Anyways, back to the OP. Smith and Wesson or Palmetto State Armory are decent ARs in the lower price range. If you're willing to spend a few more bucks go for a Colt or a Sig Sauer.

Also might want to look at buying either a 22 upper or a 22 conversion kit if you're a plinker

Molon Labe

[quote name="Alaska Darin" post="3445592" timestamp=

Let me know the next time someone uses an "assault rifle" to fire 800 rounds in a minute from 600 yards away, will you?

If there's two things I'm good at, it's shooting 800 round, three inch groups from 600 yards in under a minute, and making outlandish claims on the internet.