Rams after Foles?

Big Gun

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Foles has a slight edge over Bradford at this point in their careers. Bradford might still turn out ok but he can't stay on the field long enough to find out. Either one is better than anyone we have so I don't care either way. We just need a veteran QB for the next 2-3 yrs and in the meantime we need to groom our next QB. All of the great teams have a guy that drafted and groomed from the beginning. But we are in a unique situation where we have the entire team built up except for a QB so we definitely need a veteran in the meantime to get us over the hump and into the playoffs

Meh. Bradford isn't anything special either.

Bradford is better than Foles, more experience and has (possibly) a much higher ceiling. What Bradford has going against him is a large contract and a very long history of injury. He's a HUGE risk at his current number... but if the Bills can get him for cheaper, Bradford has the best upside of any of the FA QB possibilities out there in my opinion.

Meh. Bradford isn't anything special either.

You know what? He's got a great arm, and is a really good talent. But every time somebody breathes in the general direction of his knees, he's out for the season. I am certain he will be super motivated to reach his potential, but he will need a cast iron solid line in front of him.

My one hope is that Roman and Rex get "their guy." I don't want them to say they failed in Buffalo because of the QB situation. Pick the guy you want, fit him into your scheme, win some games. I don't want to hear any excuses. It sounds like the front office is going to do whatever it takes to get someone so I like where this is going. It just better be the right guy

Does a long history of injury necessarily predict future injury?

I seem to recall a great many people here doubting Eric Wood the same way, and he's now gone two straight full seasons, and has only missed two games in the last three years.

The one exception I would say is for concussions, but I don't think that's Bradford's problem.

You know what? He's got a great arm, and is a really good talent. But every time somebody breathes in the general direction of his knees, he's out for the season. I am certain he will be super motivated to reach his potential, but he will need a cast iron solid line in front of him.

Do you know if he wore knee braces, especially for the second one?

Does a long history of injury necessarily predict future injury?

I seem to recall a great many people here doubting Eric Wood the same way, and he's now gone two straight full seasons, and has only missed two games in the last three years.

The one exception I would say is for concussions, but I don't think that's Bradford's problem.

It doesn't, but it does dictate how careful you need to be with the position. The Bills are a perfect example. At least based on rumors, the Bills didn't draft EJ expecting him to be ready to start right away, so they brought in Kolb. Kolb had a history of injuries, but the Bills didn't make any other preparations in case Kolb went down and EJ still wasn't ready. IMO, that decision set EJ back BIG time and really changed the course of the Whaley/Marrone era.

Bradford wouldn't be a bad pickup, but if he is brought in, he sure better not be the only option before getting to guys you know shouldn't be starting.

Edited by Acantha

Bradford is my preferred QB candidate in the off season. He is virtually impossible to trade because he is the last of the big rookie deal QBs. St. Louis has made it clear that they want him back IF he is willing to renegotiate his deal. Given all the teams needing a QB, he has ZERO incentive to renegotiate. There will be several teams interested in signing him when he becomes a FA. He will have some options to select from. The chance to come in and start for a Bills team with talent at WR, strong defense and special teams should be enticing. On the down side given his injury problems, the state of our OL will be a concern.

Beyond Bradford, Sanchez is probably the next most attractive candidate for us....but there is a huge drop-off in talent and upside potential.

Bradford is my preferred QB candidate in the off season. He is virtually impossible to trade because he is the last of the big rookie deal QBs. St. Louis has made it clear that they want him back IF he is willing to renegotiate his deal. Given all the teams needing a QB, he has ZERO incentive to renegotiate. There will be several teams interested in signing him when he becomes a FA. He will have some options to select from. The chance to come in and start for a Bills team with talent at WR, strong defense and special teams should be enticing. On the down side given his injury problems, the state of our OL will be a concern.

Beyond Bradford, Sanchez is probably the next most attractive candidate for us....but there is a huge drop-off in talent and upside potential.

I agree with you up until the point about Sanchez. I want no part of Sanchez, he's a turn over machine. I'd rather roll into the season with EJ and Tuel than Sanchez.