Jim Kelly still cancer free

YoloinOhio

Absolutely great news!

Congrats to Jim and his family.

This would be the 6 month exam? Unless I'm misremembering.... 9 months?

Every cancer has a survival or recurrence rate that is shaped like a bell curve.

1 month out

2 months out

3 months out

1 year out

etc. etc. etc.

For some cancers (like the ones that docs give you a year to live), spike very sharply in the first month after treatment (in terms of deaths), and then gradually decline over the months and years that follow.

Other, slower developing cancers, and even lymphatic ones like hodgkins, typically will show NED for 3,4,5 months after, then recur at 6 months.

I would be curious to know if Jims doctors are now putting him on the downslope, or if the most fearful times are ahead of us.

Either way, he is a hero to many, and a truly admirable man. He will beat whatever is put in front of him.

Its funny to see the dichotomy between

*Kelly, viewed as "unable to win the big one" in his playing days, but now one of the most respected football personalities in the league

and

*Brady, one of the "best QBs ever", but here we are again, in one of his super bowl weeks, and all anyone is talking about is the culture of dishonesty and cheating that surrounds him, his team, and his accomplishment.

Fans on here, and everywhere, say "I wish my team could/would cheat like New England, I'd love to cheat my way to a Super Bowl."

Those people should be ashamed to call themselves Bills fans.

Having a man as great as Jim Kelly represent this organization is better than any Super Bowl win.

Absolutely great news!

Every cancer has a survival or recurrence rate that is shaped like a bell curve.

1 month out

2 months out

3 months out

1 year out

etc. etc. etc.

For some cancers (like the ones that docs give you a year to live), spike very sharply in the first month after treatment (in terms of deaths), and then gradually decline over the months and years that follow.

Other, slower developing cancers, and even lymphatic ones like hodgkins, typically will show NED for 3,4,5 months after, then recur at 6 months.

I would be curious to know if Jims doctors are now putting him on the downslope, or if the most fearful times are ahead of us.

Either way, he is a hero to many, and a truly admirable man. He will beat whatever is put in front of him.

*Kelly, viewed as "unable to win the big one" in his playing days, but now one of the most respected football personalities in the league

and

*Brady, one of the "best QBs ever", but here we are again, in one of his super bowl weeks, and all anyone is talking about is the culture of dishonesty and cheating that surrounds him, his team, and his accomplishment.

Fans on here, and everywhere, say "I wish my team could/would cheat like New England, I'd love to cheat my way to a Super Bowl."

Having a man as great as Jim Kelly represent this organization is better than any Super Bowl win.

Jill said he goes back in April and I remember the last one was August. So I am thinking this one was the "6 month" Edited by YoloinOhio

Absolutely great news!

1 month out

2 months out

3 months out

1 year out

etc. etc. etc.

and

Well Said JohnnyGold! I would much rather get there fair and square and lose, than to cheat and win. Brady is a douche! and so is Belicheat! I would add one thing though. While yes, in his playing days, he could not win the big one......but he is winning the REALLY big one now! I don't want to jinx it and say he has won the REALLY big one, but he is winning it so far.

BigPappy