New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

I didn't allude to anything like that, I hate the Pats, and know full well they get the benefit of many calls.

I only stated that Jerry Rice doesn't want the Pats to be held higher than his 49ers. YOu think that's not true?

You alluded to a HoF having a petty reason to defame the Pats.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One source described the league as "disappointed ... angry ... distraught," after spending considerable time on the findings earlier Tuesday.

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/12202450/nfl-says-new-england-patriots-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

The hooded turd is losing fans everywhere except the psyche ward of Gillette . Did he ever apologize for spygate?

It's in the rule book that the balls have to be between 12.5 & 13.5. Refs check the balls or are supposed to before the game. Each team has their own balls. If 11 of 12 were under inflated by halftime....someone did it after the refs checked before the game. Who told someone to do it? Brady? If it's not a big deal, why is it in the rule book? If everyone does it, why is it in the rule book? If it gives an unfair advantage to one team, it's cheating. It's against the rules. If it's against "the spirit" of the rules, it's cheating. Why is it always the Patriots pulling some underhanded crap? Why have the Patriots been cheating since 2001? For the fun of it? The last time they got caught, they lost one first round pick and were fined. Then the evidence was destroyed. How much have they done that they didn't get caught? I'd bet they started taping again after the first half of the KC game. How much longer do they get away with it?

Edited by kasper13

It's in the rule book that the balls have to be between 12.5 & 13.5. Refs check the balls or are supposed to before the game. Each team has their own balls. If 11 of 12 were under inflated by halftime....someone did it after the refs checked before the game. Who told someone to do it? Brady? If it's not a big deal, why is it in the rule book? If everyone does it, why is it in the rule book? If it gives an unfair advantage to one team, it's cheating. It's against the rules. If it's against "the spirit" of the rules, it's cheating. Why is it always the Patriots pulling some underhanded crap? Why have the Patriots been cheating since 2001? For the fun of it? The last time they got caught, they lost one first round pick and were fined. Then the evidence was destroyed. How much have they done that they didn't get caught? I'd bet they started taping again after the first half of the KC game. How much longer do they get away with it?

He wanted another shot at sb with an ok team .. Look how much taping helps from kc to sb.. You are exactly correct.

John Kryk @JohnKryk 3m3 minutes ago

It was so cold in Foxboro it ... rained. How many games per year are played in 40s F temps? Right. I say the balls needed help losing 2 PSI.

John Kryk @JohnKryk 2m2 minutes ago

If you've ever kept a football in your trunk in the winter, you know they don't lose 2 PSI in a couple hours in above-freezing weather.

The reason they haven't made a big deal out of it, is because it isn't a big deal.

Sorry Pats homer. If it wasn't a big deal they wouldn't have bothered going to the trouble of letting the air out. Makes a big difference in accuracy and the argument that it hurts the long passes...... it's still incredibly more accurate on those throws as well.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

If it were due to the weather, then wouldn't the Colts footballs be under inflated as well?

NFL should fine itself for being idiots for 13 years and have NE forfeit and show three hours dead air and a ten second apology from the turd losing all of the tv revenue.

That won't happen but hard to see the patriots getting to play

I would watch a ten second video of an apology on a three hour loop during the SB.

Can you guys recall any other team being accused of cheating?

just off the cuff - I am sure the Raiders of the 60s, 70s & 80s just win baby

Edit - However, not to the extent that the the Pats* do it. Bellicheat is just an unreal sociopath

Edited by Reed83HOF

If you were the NFL, what would you do, and try to take yourself out of hating the Patriots and knowing they are cheaters. It's your league. You need to do what is best for the league. Is the best thing to not let the Patriots play in the SB? Disqualify them and have a Black Sox Scandal on your hands? Give them unprecedented penalties after the season and let them play the SB? It's your league. Your money. Your future. Your reputation.

What do you do?

Can you guys recall any other team being accused of cheating?

Miami cheated when Zack Thomas told the world that they had the patriots' audibles on tapes

seattle pumping extra fan noise through PA system

Chargers used a banned sticky substance.

NY Jets eric mangini filming patriots

pit coach tomlin entered field of play and prevented a TD

NY jets coaches tripping gunners on punt returns

greg williams on several teams with bounty gate.

green bay packer greats Paul Hornung and Alex Karras suspended for betting on games

eddie debartolo SF cap violations during super bowl years.

I did not know that; do you know what they did and whether they were penalized?

As I said it was off the cuff. I just tend to recall they always skated on the line of legal and illegal - Stickum is an example.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/cheat/news/story?id=2957892

Denver was fined $100,000 for video taping an opponent's walkthrough under Head Coach Josh McDaniels.

Wonder where he got that idea from...

Another gift from the Bellicheat cheating coaching tree

I think everywhere I've read leans towards "theres a pretty good chance they did it but it's not a huge advantage even if they did, it didn't effect that game, and most (if not all teams) partake in little things like this" where this board is talking first rounders, suspensions and like they should be kicked out of the super bowl

Hey if those casual fans don't take the integrity of the game seriously, let em watch WWE.

If you were the NFL, what would you do, and try to take yourself out of hating the Patriots and knowing they are cheaters. It's your league. You need to do what is best for the league. Is the best thing to not let the Patriots play in the SB? Disqualify them and have a Black Sox Scandal on your hands? Give them unprecedented penalties after the season and let them play the SB? It's your league. Your money. Your future. Your reputation.

What do you do?

Toss the Fu&%ers out...

As I said it was off the cuff. I just tend to recall they always skated on the line of legal and illegal - Stickum is an example.

THis is a "Stickum" level transgression. A "too much pine tar", "Goalie Pads too wide", "Hockey Stick too curved" level transgression. It's not even a "Corked Bat" level transgression.

Tough one. If you make it too much of a big deal, it undermines the value of the league. This is why goodell will probably try to brush it under the carpet again, as he did with spygate.

I think I might go with a slap on the wrist type penalty, as much as it pains me. A fine and some draft pick loss.

The pats hater in me says that they should have a post-season ban for next year.

It's really hard. I'm not sure what I would do. Maybe give them a slap on the wrist, and loss of a first round draft choice, then behind the scenes , bring Kraft and Bellichick in to the offices with all the bigwigs and say, we let you off easy. You fukked up. The crime was worse than the punishment but you know we have to protect the league. You have no more chances. ONE more item like this, even smaller or insignificant, and it's lifetime ban for the culprit. Zero tolerance. No more. Nothing. And if you retire it will be the people that follow you on the franchise, so you cannot run.

why the heck doesn't the NFL provide the footballs at each game rather than having each team provide their own footballs? That makes no sense to me. Just bring a dozen balls to each game and make both sides use them.....Anyway, the Patriots* never seem to amaze....why a team that good has to cheat is beyond me.

Let's have all footballs provided by Ernst and Young (or equivalent) just like they hold onto Golden Globe winner envelopes.

This will be blamed on an intern but eleven balls perfectly deflated sounds like teams picking the right cleats no way that Brady the turd and whoever else didn't approve.

Someone tell me how anyone. Nationwide could celebrate their win should they do .

Pats* may have to play against the zebras like us or lose on purpose.

This feels like a contrived villain story . How could they be so arrogant .

We have finally seen the end of the NFL ... Welcome to the WWFL. All staged and fixed all the time . Sad really , I was a fan . It's just a spectacle now . Unless the pats forfeit .

THis is a "Stickum" level transgression. A "too much pine tar", "Goalie Pads too wide", "Hockey Stick too curved" level transgression. It's not even a "Corked Bat" level transgression.

I agree, and good analogy, but to me it's a "too much pine tar" AFTER already convicted for Goalie Pads too wide, Hockey Stick too Curved, AND a corked bat transgression.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

It's a fine line. If Goodell were to try to brush this one under the rug after the last one, it could hurts the league's reputation as being fair to being a WWE type of operation. I don' think he can brush it too far under the rug this time. Will be interesting to see what he actually does.

Wonder where he got that idea from...

Another gift from the Bellicheat cheating coaching tree

YEP... Wonder who he learn it from.....

This is TWICE they have been caught, Doesn't matter if Bob the ball boy physcally is the one who deflated the balls, he was told to do it that much you can be sure. When a pattern emerges, it's not a mistake anymore.

(Sure would be nice if Bob the ball boy, blew the whistle though.)

What do you do?

It's the second time around, so I would do a hefty fine, and a loss of at least two draft picks.

Can't repeat the AFCCG, because logistics. Can't disqualify because of the widespread condemnation that would be bad for business. Only thing you can do is punish heavily. Maybe press Kraft to fire Bill.

I agree, and good analogy, but to me it's a "too much pine tar" AFTER already convicted for Goalie Pads too wide, Hockey Stick too Curved, AND a corked bat transgression.

Yeah, they deserve a harsh penalty for sure. A 1st round pick would be harsh, but that's probably what will be doled out.

If it had somehow been uncovered during a game, it would probably be a 15 yard Unsportsman, and a fine after the game.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Thanks, guys. You tend to forget about those other incidents. I think this is on par with a stick-em type violation. But maybe since it is a second offense, the league will come down hard on them.

Since Goodell is the lord protector of the shield and goes heavy on disciplining repeat offenders you would hope he would grow a set and make an example of these clowns. Just as he does the players. The Pats* should be placed on the commissioners exempt list.

The game will be hurt either way, but just bowing down again after the Spygate scandal to the same culprits will bring more shame on the NFL....

IF this was the first time, probably right, but it's not.

Now it's past Corked Bat, spitball,and Stealing signs.

You beat me to it. If this was a first time offense of anything close to cheating with the Pats*; fine no big deal. This team and those involved have a history of cheating misunderstanding the rules

It's really hard. I'm not sure what I would do. Maybe give them a slap on the wrist, and loss of a first round draft choice, then behind the scenes , bring Kraft and Bellichick in to the offices with all the bigwigs and say, we let you off easy. You fukked up. The crime was worse than the punishment but you know we have to protect the league. You have no more chances. ONE more item like this, even smaller or insignificant, and it's lifetime ban for the culprit. Zero tolerance. No more. Nothing. And if you retire it will be the people that follow you on the franchise, so you cannot run.

They are trying to make it nothing by Steve youngs response that it didn't help them win . No way luck has that bad a day it was pouring rain . It was a big advantage especially for the running backs holding onto the ball with confidence . Total bs . Colts went in the tank but may have been in it if things were actually equal . That is just the balls not the taping and the missed eligible call on solders touchdown .. Blah blah boring cheating bs instead of actual football . Read icculus