Atlanta tabs Quinn as HC, Shanahan has OC.

boyst

Living in Atlanta for a few years, and glad Marrone is off the list. Not a big Falcons fan. The only game we went to at the Dome was as a fliuke in the Presidents suite. The whole thing felt sterile though. Hope the new place is better and Buffalo hits a home run on the stadium. It makes all the difference.

All the HC positions are filled, so it looks like a coordinator job or sitting out. I doubt he'd want to go back to being a position coach. I honestly don't bear him any ill well, but I'm not surprised. I said when he "opted out" that quitting your last HC job and leaving your team hanging doesn't look very good on your resume and it's not like he can balance that with a couple of championships or anything.

Edited by vincec

tampering?

Quinn is still in the playoffs, can they agree to a contract before the (day after the) SB?

My understanding is that they can have a second interview with him today only but they cannot "officially" hire him.

I think Marrone has to be kicking himself for walking away from a HC job in the NFL. Mike Mularkey did it and hasn't had another chance at it. Pretty risky career move. I expect Marrone to go back to college as a HC, might have to wait a year.

My understanding is that they can have a second interview with him today only but they cannot "officially" hire him.

I think Marrone has to be kicking himself for walking away from a HC job in the NFL. Mike Mularkey did it and hasn't had another chance at it. Pretty risky career move. I expect Marrone to go back to college as a HC, might have to wait a year.

Mularkey did get another crack. Jags hired him as HC a few years ago. He still sucked though and got canned after a year I think. Haha

All the HC positions are filled, so it looks like a coordinator job or sitting out. I doubt he'd want to go back to being a position coach. I honestly don't bear him any ill well, but I'm not surprised. I said when he "opted out" that quitting your last HC job and leaving your team hanging doesn't look very good on your resume and it's not like he can balance that with a couple of championships or anything.

It looks like Marrone won't be a HC this year.

If Rex gets to the Bills to the playoffs, will that effect Marrone's chances next year? Will it look like he under-performed with a talented group of players? Will people question his decision to leave/quit what is turning out to be a good situation for Rex?

It looks like Marrone won't be a HC this year.

If Rex gets to the Bills to the playoffs, will that effect Marrone's chances next year? Will it look like he under-performed with a talented group of players? Will people question his decision to leave/quit what is turning out to be a good situation for Rex?

Yes, yes and yes. Especially if Roman improves the offense regardless of QB.

He was head coach for Jacksonville for one year, how soon some people forget.

• 2 weeks later...

Falcons may regret missing out on Rex and hiring Quinn.

Last night should give Blank some buyers' remorse. Once Quinn's stars started falling he did not make proper adjustments to pressure Brady. I know it's easier said than done, but with Avril out of the game, McDaniels changed up the blocking schemes to push the rush to the outside leaving a wide open pocket for brady to step into.

All the talk is about Bevell today, but I thought that Quinn also got undressed.

Last night should give Blank some buyers' remorse. Once Quinn's stars started falling he did not make proper adjustments to pressure Brady. I know it's easier said than done, but with Avril out of the game, McDaniels changed up the blocking schemes to push the rush to the outside leaving a wide open pocket for brady to step into.

All the talk is about Bevell today, but I thought that Quinn also got undressed.

Early injury to lane too. I was yelling at the TV for him to just go down. There was no where to go and nothing good was going to come of it running around down there. Sure enough he breaks a wrist and he's out. Pata kept picking on middle field after that.

I always thought the Seahawks don't run much of a defensive "scheme" except to have a lot of good players making plays. They pretty much rush four and do a little disguise of their man/zone coverage. They leave Sherman on one side, so teams can gameplan around him.

Maybe Quinn is great-- but he also had great players.