Who is really looking forward to the Super Bowl

Nasty

Why does everyone hate Seattle? Because they are cocky? They play fantastic, physical, smart football, they back up their talk on the field and it's so much fun to watch.

Teams that are good for a while are always hated. I can see how Carroll can be annoying, Baldwin crying about "no respect" was comical, and the media's fascination w/ Wilson is getting a bit absurd (did they mention once yesterday that he was playing badly?).

In the grand scheme of things though these things aren't that big a deal to me.

I'm looking forward to having a strong rooting interest for the first time in a while. It'd be great if NE dropped to 3-3 in the bowl.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams that are good for a while are always hated. I can see how Carroll can be annoying, Baldwin crying about "no respect" was comical, and the media's fascination w/ Wilson is getting a bit absurd (did they mention once yesterday that he was playing badly?).

Yes they did, several times.

Lynch is another reason some Bills fans do not like Seattle. They get their panties in a bunch when an ex-Bill blossoms on another team and becomes a major impact player. If said player gets a ring or two in the process that just fuels the hate even more.

Me, all the pats hate doesnt change the fact this is an epic one:

- Carroll vs bellichick

- Seattle defense vs pats offense

- young gun Wilson vs old guard brady

- gronk vs legion of boom

- beast mode vs the media

- brady and bellichick chasing records

I could go on. But needless to say the two best teams are playing. And its highly unlikely either gets blown out. This should be a real good one.

Rare we agree - I won't be cheering for either team but it should be a good football showing.

Boobie knows best

@Boobie24Dixon: This might be the 1st super bowl where nobody outside of the teams fan base want any of these teams to win...folks like can it be a tie lol

Boobie is one of the best "follows" out there in the twitter-sphere.

I live in Seattle so I love this Super Bowl.

When I first moved here, I didn't think it was much of a football town. But Pete Carroll has gotten the community engaged. You see about as much Seahawk stuff (flags, jerseys, bumper stickers, etc) around town now as you see Bills stuff in Buffalo.

Even though I'm not a Hawks fan, I like being around the cheerful excitement the franchise brings here.

And because the game is against the Pats, I will find it easy to join my fellow Seattleites and root for Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, etc in the SB.

I live in Seattle so I love this Super Bowl.

When I first moved here, I didn't think it was much of a football town. But Pete Carroll has gotten the community engaged. You see about as much Seahawk stuff (flags, jerseys, bumper stickers, etc) around town now as you see Bills stuff in Buffalo.

It's called bandwaggoneerism. After they go through a couple of years of no playoffs all that crap will be put back up. Much like it was from 2008 to 2011 . Remember that?

Edited by reddogblitz

I'll start watching it once the actual game begins. I would rather have 12 root canals than watch any of the pregame stuff, because it will be one steaming pile of Brady/Bellicheck hype after another. And we all know that they'll find a way to put Bruschi in it. Yesterday, I had to turn the TV off after they trotted out Bruschi to present the AFC title trophy. I couldn't believe it. Just after it seemed that he would go away forever, there's his face on my TV screen.

What a depressing Super Bowl this is going to be.

On the one side you have Tom Brady going for his 4th title. If he wins the game he beats the same team that throttled Manning just a year ago. Any lingering discussions as to who is the greatest QB of this generation is over.

On the other hand there's Pete Carroll going for his 2nd straight SB win. If he wins his second, especially 2 in a row, he just punched his ticket to the Hall of Fame. He will go down as one of the better coaches in NFL history.

Maybe Katy Perry will be good at halftime...oh wait, scratch that it's Katy Perry.

Hopefully a black hole will open up and swallow University of Phoenix Stadium.